0replay-unit-work-02 (resized).JPG
0mechanical-watch (resized).png
20171121_172135 (resized).jpg
0replay-unit-work-01 (resized).JPG
20171119_202604 (resized).jpg
20171119_203219 (resized).jpg
20171119_203209 (resized).jpg
20171119_202916 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

Hi Briehl
see the JPG - "encircled red" I marked an arm in my Replay-Unit --- when the Unit shall step down one step: This arm is moved clockwise --- a tooth on the arm blocks the gear / tooth on the wheel - the spring wound around the axis would like to turn the wheel counterclockwise all the way --- but the tooth on the arm hinders - the tooth on the arm allows only one step down. Do You also have this arm but angled away / wrong position ?

The "encircled green" --- hard to make a good picture --- on my Unit the "distance in-between the two metals 'framing my rosa/ pink dash' " are closer - they almost touch. Greetings Rolf

0replay-unit-work-01 (resized).JPG0replay-unit-work-01 (resized).JPG

#15 6 years ago

Hi Briehl
hmm, no luck. Here http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK are several Williams books - the 1966 says on page-13 http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1966/index.html#/13/zoomed the shown Replay Unit is first used in "Pot-O-Gold". Your pin is older - my Units are younger than Your Unit. (((And the 1964- and the 1962-book are not really helping)))
Thanks for the picture in post-14 - has on Your Unit - on the arm: Something broken-off ? I wonder what makes Your Unit to exactly step down ONE step ?

Not a fix - but some "work-around (?)" - You adjust the unit so it steps down correct - set the pin to free-play --- and live with the "faulty stepping-up" ? Greetings Rolf

#23 6 years ago

Hi Briehl
I hope for another pinsider to chime in --- an owner of a pin from the time of Your King Pin.

I studied my Replay-Unit --- jrpinball in post-17 said it "on the step-up side".

I do not understand how in Your pin the step-down can work --- (I am german speaking - I found a nice german site) I show a JPG from a german site - see the first JPG --- the stepping down on the Replay-Unit is like an old mechanical watch tic, tic, tic, tic. The balance on an mechanical watch is the "3" and I added a "4a". Look here https://www.uhren-wiki.net/index.php?title=Uhrwerk - scroll down to the "yellow picture" and on the far right You see an animation - NOT WORKING watch. See how "3" and "4a" swing / move.

See the second JPG - the plunger (4b) is pulled-in, 4c and 4d and 4e follow the plunger - the mechanically attached "4a" also moves (to the left) and then the "4e" lifts the "3" --- one "tic" can be made
and then the plunger (4b) releases and the rest returns - another "tic" is made.
The "stepping down on the Replay-Unit" actually is (half-stepped) tic - tic.

Thats why is was asking in post-15 about something broken-off --- I can not imagine how the stepping can be done without an "4a".

Again - I hope for another pinsider to chime in. Greetings Rolf

0mechanical-watch (resized).png0mechanical-watch (resized).png

0replay-unit-work-02 (resized).JPG0replay-unit-work-02 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#38 6 years ago

Hi Briehl +
I looked through my boxes of spare parts and found such an unit with "up to 47 Replays possible to add-up" - see the first JPG. Mine is gummed-up and a spring is missing - it is not working on its own - I manually must help. Chrimeg came up with an good idea - the Coil-Stop. In the second JPG You see both coil-stops taken-away - the "one in question" is the one in the lower right corner of the JPG. Surprise to me: They look identical - why different numbers in MarkG 's picture (in post-33) ? On my Unit both stops are 6mm (millimeter) thick. An inch is 25.4 mm - so 6 mm are a about 1/4 of an inch (0.2362). Greetings Rolf

0Replay-Unit-47-Positions (resized).JPG0Replay-Unit-47-Positions (resized).JPG

0Coil-Stops-on-47-Pos-Unit (resized).JPG0Coil-Stops-on-47-Pos-Unit (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/troubles-with-my-williams-king-pin-replay-unit?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.