(Topic ID: 93133)

Trouble with Witches Castle Double Door latch - need advice

By PinballCharlie

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

My WOZ is having a problem with the door latch mechanism for the double doors on the castle upper playfield and am looking for any advice. It is not a door tab clearance problem or set screw problem – trouble is it is hard to identify exactly WHAT kind of problem it is. In solenoid test mode, the door latch solenoid (solenoid drive #51) does NOT actuate, regardless of the doors being in the open or closed position. In double door test mode, the solenoid does not actuate during an “OPEN DOOR” cycle but DOES actuate during a “CLOSE DOOR” cycle. I think this eliminates any transistor issues.

Now during gameplay, the whole mechanism works great about 75% of the time (doors open after three hits and then close when they should). The other 25% of the time, the doors try to open, but can’t because the door latch solenoid simply doesn't energize and the doors are “locked”.

I've had the upper playfield off many times, but have found nothing abnormal about the whole assembly. I've reset and re-loaded the software (v 3.0). Checked all wire harnesses and connections. I slightly bent the door latch tab closer to the solenoid magnet to minimize latch travel. None of this has made any difference. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas as to what I should be testing?

Thanks for any help!

PC

#2 9 years ago

*bump* No ideas out there??

#4 9 years ago

I've done just about everything I can, short of testing voltage at the coil. It is in such an awkward spot, I am afraid I will short something out trying to get in there with a multi-meter. But, the voltage should be fine if it works sometimes, right?

#6 9 years ago

Yeah, I think they must be pretty busy over there. I've had a trouble ticket open since May 22, but haven't got a response yet. Trying to gather as much info as I can while I wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballCharlie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trouble-with-witches-castle-double-door-latch-need-advice?tu=PinballCharlie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.