Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RyanVolo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

hi Everyone, first post for me in here, looks like a great community. my wife and I were gifted a fiery 30's pinball game from her parents. i finally hooked it up. initially it was working (some of the numbers on the reel were sticking but i was able to free them) but now, it seems to be stuck in what i think may be a scoring cycle. her parents did say that this had happened before. i dont think the game has been played for more than 10 years. video attached:

anyone have an idea of where to start? the manual is at my inlaws, somewhere...they are not sure where though. i am a total noobie for these things. i am pretty handy, so im sure i can learn a little, just looking for some guidance.
the video shows, what i hope may be some keys for what to look for. like how the scoring isnt set to 0, and the game counter doesnt read a number, its just blank.
thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Score reels are trying to reset to 0's. Read more here about that: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

Recel was made in Spain, and modeled after Gottlieb.

#3 5 years ago

thank you very much! im going to start taking the reels off tonight.

#4 5 years ago

just wanted to say thank you! i pulled all of the reels and reset them to 0's, and it works. i have 1 or 2 bad reels oddly enough on the 4th player that i have to look into. as long as i stay away from that for the time being, it works very well. now to rebuild the flippers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trouble-with-the-fiery-30-s-recel-pinball-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.