Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 70 days ago by drummermike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 71 days ago

I have two Spike 2 LED lamp boards not lighting or are dim during game play.

They are in a LZ premium. They are the left outlane and the left return lane.

When I test them the issue is the same as in game play. I am not familiar with lamp boards.

Any suggestions why this is happening is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 71 days ago

Follow the wiring from them, back towards the back box. My bet is you have pinched or frayed wiring close to the boards.

Stern cabinets been having issues with flipper plates crushing wiring, or fraying them. Too tight of zip ties from factory build, has also been a known issue.

Anywhere the wiring looks pinched, address it and see if that resolves your issue.

#3 71 days ago

Check connector CN1 on the LED board. Make sure the 3 red wires are fully seated in the connector. Pins 1,2 and 3 are the +5 VDC that power the lights. There’s no schematic available for this board, but it’s possible that these 2 LEDs are powered by the same incoming wire.

#4 71 days ago

Thanks. I will try those suggestions.

#5 71 days ago

Reseating the connector worked. Took off a couple of very tight wire ties. Thanks again.

#6 71 days ago

Did you ensure that those three red wires were fully seated in the connector housing or did you just resent the connector to the board? If not, the problem may return.

#7 70 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Did you ensure that those three red wires were fully seated in the connector housing or did you just resent the connector to the board? If not, the problem may return.

I will go back and check that. I think the shaker may have been the cause. The connector was on all the way though. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!