• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bracket (resized).jpeg
winkie_drop_trgt_side_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Tonight I installed my second Winkie target mod. Was careful to put everything back exactly the same way. Didn't undo any electrical connections. Adjusted the overall target height, turned on the game and the target fires by itself randomly. Usually 3 times in a row, stops for abit and then does it again.

This is the second time I've installed this mod and it does this on both machines!

Has anyone else had this concern before?

#2 8 years ago

Something is wrong with the switch. A tab on the target pushes the arm of the switch down ( closed ) when it goes down, and releases it ( open ) when it goes up.

You have it assembled right ? Switch working as it should ? Easy to check in Tests - Switches - Matrixed.

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

Switch checked out ok. Swapped the original back in and it works 100% again. Changed nothing else. Suspect the target is too thick and is sticking.

#4 8 years ago

I had a problem with the first one I received but it was not the same as you describe at all. Mine would stick in the partially up position when hit by the ball, I determined this was likely to how rough the back of the "slotted" part of the target was. They replaced it with the newer version and it works perfectly now. You say it fires three times, is the target not staying in the up position? If not then you may have the target height set too low and it's not catching on the lip when the coil fires it upward - FWIW I didn't have to adjust the height on mine when installing either one of the Mezel targets. Also make sure you have the washer under the spring on the top post, this is what would push it against the latch to hold it in the up position.

winkie_drop_trgt_side_(resized).jpgwinkie_drop_trgt_side_(resized).jpg

5 years later
#5 2 years ago

New issue about Mezel Mods Winkie target. I just ordered one, and the bracket seems much too long. I can't even screw in the screw without the LED hitting the winkie plastic itself. I can potentially bend back the LED angle (from 45 to 90), or I could drill another hole to make a better fit.

Anyone else run into this? Picture shows me holding the bracket in place with a screwdriver in the hole, but even in this position it would be impossible to screw in I think.

I only have weekends to work on this, but their customer support isn't available until Monday so I will likely hack it together one way or another.

bracket (resized).jpegbracket (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trouble-with-mezel-mods-winkie-target-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.