Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0827.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 11 years ago

1. I've had issues with the shooter rod. Adjusted and played it for 2 days and now its messing up again.

2. The ball gets stuck in the right plastic above the outlines if the post is in the easier position.

3. The art on the cab is wrapped around the edge and is lifting and over time its gonna get worse.

4. I've had a friend that is having to get a new board because of flipper issues.

5 . PLASTICs- are cheap and thin. Seems the ramps are thinner too? I especially don't like the ship plastics.

6. Loki plastic is getting hit and blocks view.

7. DMD seems like its duller than the green one i installed Creech?

8. This pin is freaken hard and kicks my butt. I still haven't collected Black widow and tried to spend several games with that being my only objective.

I know alot of theese issues have been looked at and addressed but i wanted to put mine in a thread and not feel left out. Thanks!!

#2 11 years ago

There are lots of threads about how to correct/improve most of the issues.

#3 11 years ago

Here's the ball stuck pic

Quick fix- open the lanes up and be a man!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There are lots of threads about how to correct/improve most of the issues.

I know, like I said theres so many threads about it i felt left out. Guess my humor is lost in translation :-{

#5 11 years ago

I just put a rubber from the green post to the post you adjusted to the easy position. That worked for me, but actually, what I would like to do is figure out how to unscrew that metal piece (the metal circle/dot you see right next to the ball there). If you look under the playfield, that is actually screwed into the bottom of the playfield using a t-nut. If you can get that out, you can install your own post and avoid having two rubbers on one post. It looks tricky though, there is an assembly in the way and the screw is just about flush with the bottom of the playfield.

My right flipper is squeaking too. Just noticed that tonight.

#6 11 years ago

"2. The ball gets stuck in the right plastic above the outlines if the post is in the easier position."

I had the same problem, almost every game I played, so I put an extra rubber between the posts to close that gap.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from taz:

"2. The ball gets stuck in the right plastic above the outlines if the post is in the easier position."
I had the same problem, almost every game I played, so I put an extra rubber between the posts to close that gap.

I just installed a second post I had with rubber. One post in each location now with a rubber on each.

Knock on wood but my shooter worked fine out of the box and I've had no problems with ball launches hitting Loki. Probably for the same reason.

Plastics - I'm on the fence on, but see my other post. My only concern is 1 day past warrant and a plastic breaks and there's no place to source a replacement. When do replacement plastics become available for the average joe to purchase should the need arise?

Yes my DMD is "dimmer" than other regular DMD's, but its not dim as in you can't read it or something like that. Its not like it affects anything. If I didn't have other pins/dmd's I wouldn't know.

Don't know what to say on your Cab decals other than to ask if you contacted Stern.

And the board that needs to be replaced - sounds like a one off unless others are having problems with that specific board.

#8 11 years ago

Just put another post in the old location. Stern has been willing to send them for free.

#9 11 years ago

"Flipper issues" - oh oh, it's happened twice to me now where the flippers would just die in the middle of play. After the drain, they would work fine. Is this what was happening to your friend?

#10 11 years ago

Yes, I think there sending him a new power/driver board.

Also as noted above you don't have a problem with the ball sticking if you open the lanes up.

#11 11 years ago

Don't know what to say on your Cab decals other than to ask if you contacted Stern.
And the board that needs to be replaced - sounds like a one off unless others are having problems with that specific board. Quote

On the decals yours are that way too. Everyone's is wrapped. You can do the "Chris Hutchins" fix. Take sand paper and a block and go up and down the corners until you cut the decal. Then take a wide black sharpie and mark the corners.
If not overtime the decal will lift or have issues. My TF was done this way.

#12 11 years ago

My ball was wedged in there under the exposed nut. I have the parts top put a post in but after 10 minutes of trying to free the ball I realized it was easier to leave it and just add another to the game. The ball is still filling that space : )

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The ball is still filling that space : )

Awesome

#14 11 years ago

Here's a pic of the decal wrap and the beginnings of it peeling. The fix i stated above 0f (HEP's) will prevent it from getting worse over time.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

My ball was wedged in there under the exposed nut. I have the parts top put a post in but after 10 minutes of trying to free the ball I realized it was easier to leave it and just add another to the game. The ball is still filling that space : )

LMAO

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That's one way to do it. Like i said just open the lanes up, be a man and watch your scores go way down. Just kiddin

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Here's a pic of the decal wrap and the beginnings of it peeling. The fix i stated above 0f (HEP's) will prevent it from getting worse over time.

That's good info. Thanks!

#18 11 years ago

For the dmd, just take out the green filter. Looks WAAAY better! It's pretty easy to do too; just remove all the main hex screws, slip out the green filter, then replace screws. Voila, shiny green dmd

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I just installed a second post I had with rubber. One post in each location now with a rubber on each.
Knock on wood but my shooter worked fine out of the box and I've had no problems with ball launches hitting Loki. Probably for the same reason.
Plastics - I'm on the fence on, but see my other post. My only concern is 1 day past warrant and a plastic breaks and there's no place to source a replacement. When do replacement plastics become available for the average joe to purchase should the need arise?

Don't forget that the only items under warranty from Stern are the logic boards and DMD, both at two months. Anything else is at their discretion. Now, they are pretty good about replacing items outside that warranty within reason, but it is still their call. I'll bet you won't have any problem buying replacement plastic sets from your normal parts supplier once you are beyond that unwritten warranty.

#20 11 years ago

the dim dmd is better for my eyes . xmen seemed to blind me. yes i have bad eyes. I have managed to get 63 mil so far with everything untouched and all set on hard . got trick shot again today on the hawkeye ramp .

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

just looked at my blue le and my decals are not anything like that , in fact they are cut an an angle where yours is tearing so it can't happen.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

And the board that needs to be replaced - sounds like a one off unless others are having problems with that specific board.

I wonder if that board has issues, my Thor targets were giving me problems for a number of games & then they just went away before Stern called me back. They just told me to call again if the problem returns..Hopefully if it happens again it's within what they concider warranty..

#23 11 years ago

I had tech come out from my local distributor yesterday to fix all my problems. He was here for 21/2 hours fixed my hulk arm-wire came out, my plunger assembly and my 555 LED popping out by slingshots. I am glad that I did not have to mess with it-I was at work while it was being fixed. Now just have to raise hulks arm a bit and adjust ramp and machine should be dialed in(:

#24 11 years ago

Had a good night on it for me at least .

image.jpgimage.jpg

#25 11 years ago

U suck, take it off 5 ball

#26 11 years ago

Here is before the 4 th ball ; )

image.jpgimage.jpg

#27 11 years ago

That's good. I still have t figured out how to get big scores. Hitting combos doesn't seem to increase shot value to much. Just jackpots and double jackpots so far.

#28 11 years ago

Me too. I just focus on getting the Heroes flashing and then battling to win and make them solid.

IMG_0827.jpgIMG_0827.jpg

#29 11 years ago

I played Avengers on location and the ball got stuck in 3 different spots until I shook the shit out of the machine. Shitty design. Won't play it again.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I played Avengers on location and the ball got stuck in 3 different spots until I shook the shit out of the machine. Shitty design. Won't play it again.

Now that's not a good attitude.lol. I love the pin and its challenging. It's just quality control issues.. I mean the first thing you do is launch the ball. About everyone is having issues with that. I don't know how they let them out with thoose issues.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

We all know that all games on location are dialed in and maintained perfectly, so that any problem you run into is a fundamental design problem with the machine

#32 11 years ago

Took a piece of painters tape as recommended and put over the light tube to reduce glare. It helps alot.

#33 11 years ago

Recently i'm getting more and more airballs caused by the hulk droptargets. Do any of you got this? Now it can be that this has been noted in the known problems, and i missed it.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Recently i'm getting more and more airballs caused by the hulk droptargets. Do any of you got this? Now it can be that this has been noted in the known problems, and i missed it.

Yea. I got a few the other week. One launched the ball into the glass and straight to the left corner outlane. I believe it's the same issue FGY had early on where the drops reset themselves to early after a hit and when they pop up they're launching. It's rare, but I seen it.

#35 11 years ago

I've had the same thing as well. Similar issues in TF until they brought out the power pack.

#36 11 years ago

Mine doesn't seem like the TF issue because the ball doesn't air when it hits the target. It only appears to air when the targets reset and the ball is still nearby. I believe this was the same problem FGY had early on.

#37 11 years ago

Anyone having issues with the ball getting stuck on the right side of the bridge?

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mine doesn't seem like the TF issue because the ball doesn't air when it hits the target. It only appears to air when the targets reset and the ball is still nearby. I believe this was the same problem FGY had early on.

If the resetting of the target is truly the issue then they could delay the re-set by programming it 1/4 of a second later.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Anyone having issues with the ball getting stuck on the right side of the bridge?

Right side when you're looking at the game or closest to the spinner and further right where the ramp meets the bridge. If yes to all then yes I had that problem. The hulk bridge was lower than the ramp next to it. I removed the bottom screw holding the ramp and put 2 washers under the plastic there on top of the post. Can't see them at all and zero hang ups there since.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Yes, I'm getting the ball stuck on BOTH sides of the bridge, but more often on the right side.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Yes it has happened a few times, mostly when the ball doesn't have enough momentum.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Took a piece of painters tape as recommended and put over the light tube to reduce glare. It helps alot.

Good idea, I'll have to try it..glare is terrible

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Good idea, I'll have to try it..glare is terrible

Duct tape works well also.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

as others have suggested , lifting the ramp to the left of the bridge so it lines up better , with washers gets rid of this issue .

#45 11 years ago

Off hand do you know what size washers works best?

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Off hand do you know what size washers works best?

I used a couple of #6 washers under both of the mounting points on mine and it leveled the ramp and has not stuck since.

Kevin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trouble-with-avengers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.