Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zanigreg
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zanigreg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I am new to Pinside. Appreciate any help. I have a Williams Tropic Fun game that is not working. The coin drop section is missing. Some wires are loose and not soldered. if I turn on the toggle switch, touch the left flipper the lights all come on. If I manually move the reset relay, the game will start. I am doing this without the top glass. I can manually depress the contacts and the game seems to work, although there is no ball count.

Is there a way I can install a switch so that I can start the game without using the coin drop mechanism.

I do have the instruction manual but no electric schematic. I also have little experience in tackling a pin ball machine.

Would love help on where to start.

thanks

Greg

#4 4 years ago

Thanks Pinmik,e and zacaj for your replies.

To zacaj, i have the instruction manual which lists the relay switches and coil chart. It does list a credit relay and a ball index relay. There is a set of lights that take you up to ten balls. Did not see a credit wheel in the back box but not sure what I am looking for.

If you are in the Albany, NY area and are interested in an educational session, would love to host. Will provide refreshments, cash, etc.

I have seen some postings on the wiring diagram for the Tropic Fun and will try to find that post and see if the diagram is available.

Thanks for your imput.

To Pinmike

I will try to follow the wires to the coin door switches and keep you posted. Thanks for your suggestions

#6 4 years ago

Just ordered the schematic from Pinball Resource. Thanks for the recommendation. They were very helpful.

#8 4 years ago

Tripping the coin relay switch allowed a play.

I tripped the coin relay, it set the balls left to 1 and actually worked. when ball went through, it lit game over. I wasn't able to trigger the ball reset relay to increase the number of balls to 5. Once the credit relay was tripped, the ball reset stayed in the closed position.

Thoughts?

1 month later
#10 4 years ago

Have been working on this machine after getting some good help from zacaj. I rebuilt the flippers, the chimes, one broken pop bunker and one roll over pin. I ran into trouble when trying to adjust the 100,000 counter. It wouldn't go to 100.000 until 200,000 was reached. I cleaned all the contacts, cleaned the board with metal polish and tried to adjust the start location. I loosened up the shaft nut and found that the shaft has a rectangular washer so you can't move it that way. When I put it back, I now am getting a tilt indicator. There is no tile pendulum. If i manually move the coin reset relay, it jumps to a 10 ball play and you can play. When the game is over, it won't restart. The tilt indicator is on.
any help??

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for those suggestions. Will look for the tilt relay and the game over relay and will see about getting the schematic scanned.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zanigreg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tropic-fun-help-getting-started?tu=zanigreg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.