(Topic ID: 280796)

Trophies? What is this counter sticker trying to tell me?

By undrdog

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by I_P_D_B
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

483FA913-CAF2-4759-8EA2-A237104B4A53 (resized).jpeg
E7444C2B-39C3-434E-A322-25530A21E08E (resized).jpeg
7DA00AA4-F047-40F6-A9C5-6883CC9038FA (resized).jpeg
7266F7EE-CC0F-40E0-BCA0-9385B39D73B6 (resized).jpeg
66EE0DE9-EB45-4556-9378-0938E65C55ED (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Since these are Williams games, it might only be 30V. You could tap off of any nearby 30/50V source if you wanted to. There probably isn't a lockout coil on the coin acceptor (Heath chute or coin slide?).

It was obviously connected at one time (with lamp cord) or the counter wouldn't be that high. From the factory, those counters had a few numbers on them as tests, but not thousands.

I would wait to test until you had access to the rest of the internals. Are the heads locked on the side trim or on the back door?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Took all three to a locksmith who is picking them as I wait. He already has one done.

Neat! Looking forward to seeing the internals, though I'm guessing the switches just light up the cards and there are no relays, motors (aside from the shuffle), or steppers. Probably the only coils are the counters!

All a guess, of course.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

There are relays. One is labeled either coin relay or lock relay, I forget. No steppers. I'll dust it off and take pictures when I can. Work has me real busy.

Oh yeah, I guess you'd need a relay to start the shutter motor. Lock relay would enable the circuit to the lamps.

Gottlieb wedgeheads are like that as well with regard to changing lamps. It's fine, but can be troublesome to access some lamps without removing the backglass.

No worries on the timing, I've got a similar problem with work.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

the only internal picture of the game I saw is on ipdb.org.

Wow, just looked - what a dream! I bet you can carry all three stacked like pizza boxes.

I think he was saying the very same thing about flipping the insert down, unless I totally misread. That's what I was referring to (changing lamps from the back).

Yeah, does make me wonder what they were tracking with the second meter, and how they incremented it. When I was referring to the factory, I meant the factory that made the counters for Williams.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods
Cabinet parts
£ 60.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trophies-what-is-this-counter-sticker-trying-to-tell-me?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.