Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by scooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Looking through the archives, I noticed that Addams Family Gold Edition has it's own entry on the site apart from the regular Addams Family. On the other hand there is only a single Tron:Legacy entry even though there is an LE of it with more modes, chrome rails/legs/lockdown bar, and enhanced lighting.

So why isn't there a separate entry for Tron:LE? There seem to be enough differences between the LE and the Pro to warrant having a separate entry for the LE. People who have played both always seem to comment on the superiority of the LE version. In other words the LE in all probability would be rated higher than the Pro.

This is probably a Robin question, but I figured I'd throw it out here to gather people's thoughts on the subject.

#2 12 years ago

I brought this up a while back about TAFG....to me there shouldn't be seperate listings.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I brought this up a while back about TAFG....to me there shouldn't be seperate listings.

TAF fans probably wouldn't like that very much. The gold edition is rated a 7.8 from 83 ratings. Were those ratings to be combined with the original, TAF would no longer be a top ten pin. Seems fair though considering pins like Tron are getting the short end of the stick.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it is based on volume. There were 1,000 gold editions made. Maybe that is the cutoff for creating a separate listing...

#4 12 years ago

I'm a TAF fan, and I would love it.

Drop those ratings >drop the popularity...> drop the price. ( I want one)

#5 12 years ago

How can TAF gold be lower than TAF?? Other than it was not worth the extra cash or regular owners marking it down? Never owned either.....

#6 12 years ago

TAF gold was just limited numbers,gold trimming,different pop bumper caps,and
different Roms and thats really about it...Both are same game basically.

#7 12 years ago

Some folks find the gold version to be very ugly. I much prefer the look of the standard version.

#8 12 years ago

Gold version is uglier imo. I prefer the original DOT art, don't really care for the 'new' animations and Cousin It stuff they added.

#9 12 years ago

I agree with smassa, they should be the same listing on both counts. If somebody wants to rate the LE version of a machine, they should just add a rating comment stating they were rating the LE version of said game. The double ratings would just get to be insane.

#10 12 years ago

Some of the added gameplay features were not so great. Cousin It's hideout was just a lazy addition. You have about a 1 in 3 or 4 chance of getting a hideout award every time you get a mansion room, and the amounts can be significant, like 15M+ or an EB. Over the course of a good game (say 400M+), the hideout awards could easily account for 100M, but even more if an extra ball was awarded as well and your average is 100M+ per ball.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I agree !!!!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tronle-and-addams-family-gold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.