(Topic ID: 104827)

Tron: Zeus mode, what's the best strategy?

By Buckman

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Buckman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbowmandc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

How does hitting pops and spinners help one to collect ZUSE? I don't get it. I usually only attack ZUSE targets during a multiball because they are so dangerous. But, once you have ZUSE solidly lit, then forget about him. The timer and music is more of a distraction after the fact, in my opinion. Certainly not worth the risk if you're concerned about getting points, IMO.

#8 6 years ago

Don't forget!...There is a time delay for collecting ZUSE, too. Once the mode "times out" you still have about 5 seconds to collect the remaining target(s) even though the lights (Z,U,S,E) have gone out.

#9 6 years ago

For the record, I had to edit my last sentence on my first post (How does...).

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Every time I play the Zeus mode it seems like the same thing - I complete the mode, it gives me more time, I keep firing away at the drop targets (sometimes it seems like forever) and when it's all said and done I end up with around 1 million or so in "fast scoring" points. It seems like a lot of work for the points I'm getting, and I can also say that the longer I bash away at those targets the higher the chances are that my ball hits one of them and then fires down the middle or sides, and I'm done.
Am I missing something to this mode? If it is the case that it's not really a high point getter is it best to just complete it once and then move onto something else and not risk the chance of losing the ball when it ricochets off of one of the targets and then ends up down one of the sides or middle?

Buckman - You're right. Get ZUSE solidly lit then move on to something else that will help you get to either Portal or Sea of Simulation. Fast scoring ZUSE shots afterwards simply isn't worth it if you're concerned about points. There are bigger fish to fry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richfield, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kbowmandc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside