Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo7.jpg
photo6.jpg
photo4.jpg
photo1.jpg
photo7.jpg
photo5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EvilJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 10 years ago

Its the GiantDOTS DMD by Boston Pinball Company.

http://giantdots.com/

I am buying one for my Johnny Mnemonic. Only reason I haven't yet is that I am waiting to see if "The Matrix" becomes a conversion kit or not. That will determine if buy a blue one or a green one.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Where did you put the speakers?

The kit comes with brackets to mount them on the side of the head. The sound comes though the three vents on each side.

I am actually curious to see if its possiable to mount some 1" speakers in each of the holes and still get some decent sound.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

A little to big IMO and I think retail is close to $500.

For the ones that go in the machine

$479 Orange
$489 Red
$499 Blue
Price for green to be determined, but it will be more then blue.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

1" speakers will never sound full.
Like they always say; There is no replacement for displacement.

Good to know, then I won't waste my time. The speakers still sound fine with them set farther back, you just turn them up louder. I just thought it might be cool to do something unique, but definatly not at the cost of sound quality.

#23 10 years ago

I could have swore these came with a plexi cover that was black around the trim. Thats what it looks like in the photos they have on the website.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

green LED matrix blocks cost half as much to buy as blue LED matrix blocks, so thats just bizarre.

I am just going off of what I was told. It possiable he may have found a cheaper solution.

"I've tested the green, but have not purchased a batch yet, the cost of the LEDs are higher than the blue, so I got to work on that."

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I mounted then to the back of the Backbox, I have put in flipper fidelity speakers and it sound great can't tell they have been moved.

Good to know, that is the exact route I was thinking about going. I figured I would get the FF speaker set, then play around with 1" speakers. However it sounds like thats a waste of time so I will just stick with the FF set.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I bought it at the Allentown show and got a price brake.

I didn't have the money at the time to take advantage of the price break, but I got even luckier. I won one of the $250 raffle prizes.

#38 10 years ago

Like I said, I am just going off of what I was told.

Quote: "I've tested the green, but have not purchased a batch yet, the cost of the LEDs are higher than the blue, so I got to work on that."

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Well, if green if higher I think the sells will not be there, I see selling 1 or 2 here or there but it's hard to push a product at $500.00 in the pinball world. I spend money pimping out my pins but $500.00 is pushing it. Most won't spend $300.00 on glass. So, if the pricing was better I could see this product taking off.

I agree, I am only buying because of the discount. It will also be difficult since the "colorDMD" is cheaper. I think its a good idea, including the ones that mount on top of the back box. If they were not so expensive I would love to get them as displays for when I have spectators.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EvilJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-wbig-dmd?tu=EvilJack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.