• Jeff Bridges 4 votes
    4%

(91 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

STERN STERWARS MODS (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hi guys,
i have this two games under my radar, both Pro models used (SW is HUO). I'm ok with themes, and i love fast pinballs with a good adrenalish rush code type, my favorite machine is Iron Man. SW is a bit more expensive of course but no problem.
What do you think, Tron or SW?
Thanks !

#2 4 years ago

I think this is a pretty easy choice. Hands down Tron!

#3 4 years ago

Pro I would go Tron. Sw premium vs Tron is tough choice.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
i have this two games under my radar, both Pro models used (SW is HUO). I'm ok with themes, and i love fast pinballs with a good adrenalish rush code type, my favorite machine is Iron Man. SW is a bit more expensive of course but no problem.
What do you think, Tron or SW?
Thanks !

A SW pro is more expensive than a Tron pro? If that's the case I would probably go Tron if the conditions are similar.

#5 4 years ago

I own both Tron all the way.

#6 4 years ago

tron cost way more than sw where i live. way more

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

tron cost way more than sw where i live. way more

There is a very good explanation for this!!!! Tron>SW

#8 4 years ago

..... Tron by a landslide

#9 4 years ago

Here, Tron is cheaper because there's no hype and it's an older game. SW Pro costs €1000 more.

#10 4 years ago

Then go tron for savings. It's an all time classic & i love me some SW.

#11 4 years ago

I have both, a SWLE and a blinged-out Tron Pro. Both are fantastic, and both are completely different. That said, Tron is leaving first because it's way easier and doesn't have as much staying power in a home collection, IMO.

#12 4 years ago

Tron for me. Star Wars is all about just setting things up for points. It leaves me feeling cold and it is like it has no soul. I don't really know how to explain it but the gameplay seems flat. This is my opinion. Tron is not super deep but it has some good flow and is good fun.

#13 4 years ago

I've owned both. Monster win for Tron.

More fun and the theme is implemented perfectly.

#14 4 years ago

owned tron for 2 years at pre release. the ruleset gets old, it is sort of like Iron Man.

SW has one of the best rulesets and codes i have ever enjoyed.

just my opinion

3 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

I choose Tron. I love my Iron Man for many things and especially the code, shallow but very exciting. Tron is very similar with a different layout and theme. Huge adrenaline rush for both, that's all i need. I love these two pins

#16 4 years ago

STERN Star Was is the best Star Wars Pinball based on the original trilogy ever made . The Pro is an excellent example of value as it has the same RGB color changing inserts and the choreographed GI lighting as the Premium/Limited Edition. It is all about the game play. The modes are represented great in synergy to the LCD film clips and voice overs from the original films . The music by John Williams score is excellent . All this brings you into the Star Wars original Trilogy universe . The game play is hard. But there are so many ways to choose to play the rule-set. The shot multiplier system is very addicting as you learn how you may manually move the shots around the playfield for maximum scoring . I have never played a pinball game with this type of control given to the player. This style of code brings so much "breadth" of strategically building up you shot multipliers and choosing different main character from the Star Wars 1977 film to aid you through your playing experience . It is a " masterpiece" in coding and fun. And "Fun" is what defines a great pinball machine .

STERN STERWARS MODS (resized).jpgSTERN STERWARS MODS (resized).jpg
#17 4 years ago

I loved Star Wars until I bought JP now I get bored when I play it. I gonna sell mine soon.

#18 4 years ago

Love Star Wars, flow and rules are as good as it gets
I’ve played/owned every modern Stern from AC/DC till JP and SW is my #1
Having said that, this game is so deep that to fully appreciate it, it must be owned and savoured
Just my 2 cents

#19 4 years ago

Since Jeff Bridges is an option, I choose The Big Lebowski.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I choose Tron. I love my Iron Man for many things and especially the code, shallow but very exciting. Tron is very similar with a different layout and theme. Huge adrenaline rush for both, that's all i need. I love these two pins

You chose wisely.....congrats, and welcome to the grid!!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

STERN Star Was is the best Star Wars Pinball based on the original trilogy ever made . The Pro is an excellent example of value as it has the same RGB color changing inserts and the choreographed GI lighting as the Premium/Limited Edition. It is all about the game play. The modes are represented great in synergy to the LCD film clips and voice overs from the original films . The music by John Williams score is excellent . All this brings you into the Star Wars original Trilogy universe . The game play is hard. But there are so many ways to choose to play the rule-set. The shot multiplier system is very addicting as you learn how you may manually move the shots around the playfield for maximum scoring . I have never played a pinball game with this type of control given to the player. This style of code brings so much "breadth" of strategically building up you shot multipliers and choosing different main character from the Star Wars 1977 film to aid you through your playing experience . It is a " masterpiece" in coding and fun. And "Fun" is what defines a great pinball machine .[quoted image]

Well said sir

#22 4 years ago

Tron is a great machine. Star wars is a good machine. Best way I can describe it. Still own a Tron sold the star wars.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
12,028 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-vs-star-wars?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.