(Topic ID: 276067)

Tron Video Game Arcade price check

By ImNotNorm

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20201113_1219162.jpg
    IMG_20201113_1219242.jpg
    IMG_20201113_1220179.jpg
    IMG_20201113_1219534.jpg
    IMG_20201113_1219407.jpg
    Screenshot_20200826-124240.png
    #1 3 years ago

I have a chance to get this Tron arcade for free. I just need to pay to have it shipped across the country. I got a quote from the shipping company and it'll be about $250CAD from depot to depot. (Not bad for 3000kms)

I'm not sure what the inside of the machine looks like. But it's been sitting in the same place for 20 years & protected from the elements. From the picture the cabinet seems to be in decent condition. I have no idea if it's working though.

Before I pull the trigger I'm just curious what a working one of these would sell for. Any arcade enthusiasts input would be appreciated

Thanks!

Screenshot_20200826-124240.pngScreenshot_20200826-124240.png
    #2 3 years ago

That’s a no brainer. I’ve been looking for one fully restored. They cost a bunch!

#3 3 years ago

Yeah, they're $$$. Grab it!

#4 3 years ago

How much is one worth though? Like the average price...

#5 3 years ago

Look on fleabay.
    Completed listings show 2k as a lowest price.
    Others are asking 6k... unsure they'll sell at that price; but these aren't cheap.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Look on fleabay.
    Completed listings show 2k as a lowest price.
    Others are asking 6k... unsure they'll sell at that price; but these aren't cheap.

Yea I checked eBay and saw some for 6-9kCAD. Hard to gauge a realistic value with those asking prices though.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

How much is one worth though? Like the average price...

$2500-$4500 depending on condition. If the boards are good everything else can be replaced. Be careful what shipping company you choose to use-you pay for what you get. It may be worth spending a little more on shipping and having it delivered to your home? The only time I use depot to depot is if it is NIB or in a crate-otherwise make sure to wrap it like a cocoon and say a prayer.

Also forgot to mention-Nice flippin score bro!

#8 3 years ago

Just a caution, may not be the case here, there have been several reports of "just pay shipping" scams going around.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexred:

Just a caution, may not be the case here, there have been several reports of "just pay shipping" scams going around.

I appreciate the heads up. But this is from a family estate after a passing last year. (My wife's family)

#10 3 years ago

I sold a nice working one for $500 in 2013 but since then Tron's have gone up in value to usually around $1000 or more depending on condition.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yea I checked eBay and saw some for 6-9kCAD. Hard to gauge a realistic value with those asking prices though.

Midway (Bally), made a lot of Tron's so it is not a real expensive game. However, Disc of Tron is a $5000+ game depending if it is an upright or an environmental version.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Midway (Bally), made a lot of Tron's so it is not a real expensive game. However, Disc of Tron is a $5000+ game. Disc of Tron's were made in both an upright or an environmental version. I sold an upright Disc of Tron for $4500 last year. The environmental version runs even more.

#13 3 years ago

Decent condition, I don’t see go for less than $2k. Go for it!

#14 3 years ago

That's an absolute no brainer. You could just sell the wooden back doors and the monitor shroud and be ahead of the game at that price. Even complete and not working in decent shape, they can go for $1500ish nowadays. Working in good shape, $2000+. I finally managed to buy one years ago before prices went through the roof. Great memories from back in the day and it's fun to have. My game had a really awesome story behind it too, I am a sucker for a game's history. I'm always curious to know where a game came from and how it got to be where it is if possible.

Quoted from alexred:

Great point, are you sure the seller is legit?

2 weeks later
    #15 3 years ago

I appreciate all the replies and concern folks. Turns out my wife's uncle is going to drive it out for us as he's moving out here for work.

So there's no need to pay a shipping company after all.

We will probably try to trade it for a big buck hunter arcade down the road....

#16 3 years ago

Tron is better that big buck hunter. Tron is a tough game and I think it’s fun. Big buck is fun too but would depend on which one it is. That game gets more repetitive than tron

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Tron is better that big buck hunter. Tron is a tough game and I think it’s fun. Big buck is fun too but would depend on which one it is. That game gets more repetitive than tron

Yea I get that. The wife is a huge BBH fan tho. Gotta keep her happy right ?!?

I'll post some pictures of the Tron arcade when we get it at the end of the month.

#18 3 years ago

100% depends on condition and they can be a nightmare to fix and keep working

if it doesnt work and needs board work its not cheap to get done right.

Prices have gone way up for stuff but a project or players cond Tron to me still isnt worth that much.... free sure I would take a chance on it.

Restored they go for 3K etc these days but takes allot of dough to do that, its one of those games you could easily spend over 1K fixing up.

Because 90% of the appeal is the looks of the game condition is everything.

2 months later
    #19 3 years ago

Well it's finally here. Getting this coordinated with my brother-in law and his cousin has been like dealing with Archie and Jughead. I basically had to hold their hands to get this shipped.

Anyways....the cabinet is quite beat up but the insides look good. The counter reads 26k plays. Not sure if that's an accurate count and they can be reset or not...but it's clear this was routed.

I have a friend coming over to help me gauge wether I should make this a project or part it out.

IMG_20201113_1219162.jpgIMG_20201113_1219162.jpgIMG_20201113_1219242.jpgIMG_20201113_1219242.jpgIMG_20201113_1219407.jpgIMG_20201113_1219407.jpgIMG_20201113_1219534.jpgIMG_20201113_1219534.jpgIMG_20201113_1220179.jpgIMG_20201113_1220179.jpg
    #20 3 years ago

Project!! Gosh, keep that wonderful game. Video games are fun to work on.

7 months later
    #21 3 years ago

Just found a working Tron out of state I’m having shipped can’t wait to restore it and sit it next to my tron pro

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

Just found a working Tron out of state I’m having shipped can’t wait to restore it and sit it next to my tron pro

What is it the one listed in Oklahoma on eBay about a week ago?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.