Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yipykya
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

138621578364.png
20150124_184828.jpg
Tron.png
tag_1384488631.jpg
image-776.jpg
tron-premium-2.jpg
familyguy-herbert-1.jpg
200_s.gif
deadhorse.jpg
image.jpg
untitled.png
Stern_SAM-SPIKE_SYSTEM.jpg
tron-girls1.jpg
image-978.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why would they need a VE? they can just crank out another run of Pros. They can make unlimited amounts. License is still active.

VE is Pro...just a Pro who's license has been renewed & in the new cabinets style w/ LEDs since Stern's done with the old cabs and incandescents.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Can't see a game with 5 runs already requiring rerunning as a VE. It's more for games that had limited runs for which there's demand such as Family Guy.

There were likely more FGY built than Tron. 2500 isn't that limited by modern pinball standards.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I disagree. Tron had several releases. FGY did not. I think there are more Trons out there than FGY's. If you combine the shrek numbers with FGY they might be close.

There are ~2500 FGY. It was in production on and off from 2007-2009....call that one release or several - it's honestly no different than Tron. Running new batches while the license was active. They made FGY right up thru the license expiration.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where did you get your numbers from? Stern doesn't release it's production numbers.

I think I know a little bit about Family Guy.

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

If they had to re-theme FGY with Shrek....I don't think it was that successful.
There are more Tron pins out there.

I feel like I have to explain this a few times a year.

FGY didn't sell that great at the start of '07, so they planned Shrek to use up all the parts.

However, as Fall/Xmas of '07 hit, sales of FGY picked up...and the game remained in production thru the end of '09. They made Shrek anyway, but they no longer "needed" it to use up FGY parts.

I don't know how many Trons were made, but there are about 2500 Family Guys. Based on what someone earlier in the thread said, I don't think Tron hit those numbers...remember, Tron came out when pins weren't moving the amount of units that they used to.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I knew it... You are Seth...

I'd have a few Big Bang Bars if that was the case lol

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Wait...Seth Mcfarlane is Colt Cabana's brother? Lol

It's Pinside, speculate away!

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you are getting WWE I take it?

No way.

No interest in the theme, and won't buy Stern games NIB anymore. Maybe a year or two later if it's a theme I like and if the code is verified complete.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're so cute when you're sleeping.

...then I wake up and play your Scared Stiff....stiff.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Wait, Rarehero worked on Invader Zim and Family Guy is what he's proud of?!?

When did I mention pride?

A job's a job. Zim was cancelled and we were booted out the door. FG is still on the air.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

How about more new titles?
Let's move on already. So many cool new titles that could be made.

New title will still be made. Stern always has multiple games in production at any given time. An old title going back into production has zero bearing on new titles. Just keeps the line moving, games selling & employees paid.

#193 4 years ago

I've seen one Family Guy ever. I've seen many Trons.
I know you like Family Guy and all, based on your Avatar, but my experiences lead me to the fact that there are more Trons.

Liking has nothing to do with it. What you've seen does not dictate a universal experience nor does it refute the facts that Keith and I have put before you.

I've never seen a Tron on location. I have seen a 24 and a Rolling Stones. Our local operator tastes have nothing to do with production numbers.

It's probably safe to say Trons original run was similar to IM ....tack on the small subsequent runs after that and you can get a good estimate on how many were made. Again - I'm not saying I know how many Trons there are ...but there are ~2500 FGYs. There were 1200 IM which then led to demand for the VE. If Tron has more units out there than FGY, there'd be less of a need for a VE. If a VE Tron ends up being true, that means there aren't that many Trons out there to meet demand. Less than 2000 units is very likely.

#197 4 years ago

Again, unless you have official numbers from Stern, you are pulling that ~2500 number out of Peter Griffin's ass.

Except I'm not.

#202 4 years ago

Then these things should stated from the initial part of the argument.
Also, being a FG director doesn't automatically make one aware of the sales. That would had to have been delivered from official source. Again, if this is the case, it should be stated in the initial argument.

Usually if you know some "inside info" in the pinball world, you don't go "Hi - I'm so and so and I know this because I worked on this and I know this person and they told me". At the same time, I wasn't being THAT vague so it wasn't that difficult to read between the lines. In any case, I'm giving you logical info - backed up by Keith Johnson, who programmed the game. Believe it or don't. *shrug*

#214 4 years ago

In 2011!!! Hurry hurry hurry!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Cibolo, TX
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside