Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yipykya
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

138621578364.png
20150124_184828.jpg
Tron.png
tag_1384488631.jpg
image-776.jpg
tron-premium-2.jpg
familyguy-herbert-1.jpg
200_s.gif
deadhorse.jpg
image.jpg
untitled.png
Stern_SAM-SPIKE_SYSTEM.jpg
tron-girls1.jpg
image-978.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

This shi... again?

Proof or STFU.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I fully expect all the Tron Pro owners to downplay this as much as possible.
Without looking it up, could I guess that Frax owns one ?

I've owned two. I don't need to downplay it, because you have no damn evidence other than your word of mouth, which is worth about as much as me wiping my butt, and handing you the sheet, and telling you it's a million dollars.

Why the f would I even care... I've got a modded out pro, it's already in my living room, for a SECOND time. Clearly, I considered the VE possibility and decided not to wait on it. The whole point was I regretted selling it in the first place. I'm not going to sell it again just to get a VE and redo 30 hours of modding work, when I have everything and more that a VE could have aside from a metal head and metallic decals. Hope if they DO the VE, they give you guys the metal decals, the ones on Iron Man are freakin' awesome.

Just tired of all the unsubstantiated BULLSH...you guys keep posting. I didn't pay 6k for my HUO pro, I got a fantastic price on it. It's the 'tards sitting on NIB that are unopened that will be crapping themselves if it comes..

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Within 12 months.

Must've taken marketing lessons from Zidware.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wish It was LotR
I believe Tron is the most logical choice, I'm betting it's no more than the Tron pro with VE speaker back box head and white leds much like IM VE .

You and me both.

At least then I'd have a reason to want to buy...probably not the means. Sold HUO LOTR to buy Tron NIB the first time. Just a another part of the comedy of errors in the circle-jerk that led to buying a second Tron, really.

#16 4 years ago

Both are awesome IMO, but Iron Man is definitely the bigger butt-kicker of the two, so if you have a low tolerance for BS drains, I would say get a Tron. Iron Man also uses the "old" Stern methodology of modes...same way as Avatar that if you don't actually fully complete the mode/multiball, the light goes out at the end of your ball and back to square one. Tron at least gives you a chance in Sea of Simulation to earn that solid light.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Tron
Now to me Tron and IM are both great but Tron is slightly better, maybe due to deeper rules and better sound/music but I love both but Tron is the better game to me.

Tron's not really deeper, it just feels that way because it saves progress for the most part AND gives you a second shot in Sea. It's only got 3 main multiballs, IM has 3. Finishing one of Tron's modes, Flynn, literally consists of shooting one lit arrow anytime during the game? Recognizer is only opening the bank (3 shots right up the center), which you HAVE to do to start Disc multiball, etc....

Tron has fared as well as it has because of integration and the ridiculous level and quality of the mods. It's not any deeper than any other fast/flow pin that I can think of offhand. Tron, Avatar, IM...all about the same depth-wise IMO. Tron might be more "wide" than Iron Man...not sure how much you can do all at the same time on IM, but on Tron, you can do Clu, Zuse, Quorra, Lightcycle, Gem, Tron, Recognizer, and Flynn all at the same time...if you're really lucky and start Clu with stacked LC/Quorra.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

There will not be any lighted ramps and there is no mod, Not if its the new system.....

Yeeeeeeeurrrrgh.

Wouldn't that be some jacked up sh...

No switch and no lamp matrix = no Eli interface. I don't think the time would be put in at this point to completely re-work it for Spike. I really hope if they do a Tron VE, it's NOT on Spike for that reason. I would love to see Eli make some more money if he's still getting a cut from Pinbits. I think they're fantastic, personally.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

If a Tron VE does come and it is on the spike system will the Eli ramp mod work or can it be adjusted to work with the new system. Would he even bother trying to Build a new ramp mod for the new system if it doesnt work with it. . Just curious.

It would not work. At the LEAST it would need a completely different connector setup, and more likley, it would need a total re-write of the lamp status detection code since there is no "lamp matrix" to read under the Spike system...they're using a serial bus.

#110 4 years ago

?

I have a tiny condo. I mean, if you want to put your pins in the bathroom, or kitchen go right ahead...

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

You are right, but I think there will be a pretty straightforward solution not long after release. You can determine the mode through lamp or flasher sequence, so even if getting the serial data is too hard (Eli today is grabbing data as it comes TO the Power driver board), you can always get to the power that's actually driving the lights or flashers. I'm sure someone will come up with a solution that will work for SPIKE.
-Wes
Post edited by copperpot: Missed a )

Only three people know the answer to this. Pam posts here infrequently, the guy (I can't remember his name...Martin? Sorry!) doesn't post here at all that I know of, and Eli hasn't been very active lately.... 8 posts in the last month.

#229 4 years ago

u dumb, bro?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside