familyguy-herbert-1.jpg
200_s.gif
deadhorse.jpg
image.jpg
untitled.png
Stern_SAM-SPIKE_SYSTEM.jpg
tron-girls1.jpg
image-978.jpg

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Then these things should stated from the initial part of the argument.
Also, being a FG director doesn't automatically make one aware of the sales. That would had to have been delivered from official source. Again, if this is the case, it should be stated in the initial argument.

But it puts Greg in a position to have info access not given to most. All he had to do is talk to Stern marketing and they ( I know I would) give him the numbers of sales of FG titles. It's relevant info.

And it's implied, not stated.

#202 9 years ago

Then these things should stated from the initial part of the argument.
Also, being a FG director doesn't automatically make one aware of the sales. That would had to have been delivered from official source. Again, if this is the case, it should be stated in the initial argument.

Usually if you know some "inside info" in the pinball world, you don't go "Hi - I'm so and so and I know this because I worked on this and I know this person and they told me". At the same time, I wasn't being THAT vague so it wasn't that difficult to read between the lines. In any case, I'm giving you logical info - backed up by Keith Johnson, who programmed the game. Believe it or don't. *shrug*

#203 9 years ago

Again, unless you have official numbers from Stern, you are pulling that ~2500 number out of Peter Griffin's ass.

You do realize he worked on the game art right? You do realize that Keith worked on programming it, and commented in this thread too right? You're kind of being an ass to people who are in a position to have pretty reliable information. Based on what? "I haven't seen a lot"?

Maybe take your own "calm down" advice.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm giving you logical info - backed up by Keith Johnson, who programmed the game.

Quoted from Aurich:

You're kind of being an ass to people who are in a position to have pretty reliable information. Based on what? "I haven't seen a lot"?

Seems appropriate at this juncture

#205 9 years ago

You do know all the little pinball things snuck into the show likely came from RareHero...love it!

#206 9 years ago

I'd just like to say that I played rare hero's FGY in person and there is in fact ONE of those

I didn't realize how special it was to play that pin until now. Awesome show, awesome pin. Grats on the Emmy Greg, that is super cool!

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Cutting new releases down from 3 a year to 2 a year allows them more time on the new games to get them right. Allows more time for coding, QC, design, etc.

This theory sounds good but in reality less new games means less work which means less employees, and the end result is the timeframes will remain the same. Even in their most lean years Stern was creating more new themes than they are today when times are good enough to upgrade their factory.

#208 9 years ago

@captainkirk...

i see three cats in front of me, and no dogs...

from this, i conclude that there are only cats in the world, and no dogs...

interesting logic... completely faulty, but interesting nonetheless...

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd just like to say that I played rare hero's FGY in person and there is in fact ONE of those

Two known FGY's, and one Tron also. Two awesome pins.
image-776.jpgimage-776.jpg

#210 9 years ago

I played FG for the first time at the Pinball HoF--it was a lot more fun than I was expecting.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You do know all the little pinball things snuck into the show likely came from RareHero...love it!

#212 9 years ago

TronLE is coming

#213 9 years ago

Uhhhhh....really?

#214 9 years ago

In 2011!!! Hurry hurry hurry!!!

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

» YouTube video

Well, that is pinball but the real intent seems to be a Sesame Street reference... Reference as in it totally copied the whole thing. hah

#216 9 years ago

Tron.pngTron.png
#217 9 years ago

My boys aren't old enough to watch Family Guy yet...

...but my youngest would be thrilled that I'm talking to someone who worked on Powerpuff Girls!

...especially his favorite episode: 'Twas the fight before Xmas!

Nicely done!

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

...but my youngest would be thrilled that I'm talking to someone who worked on Powerpuff Girls!
Nicely done!

yup

#219 9 years ago

I have to say, I see way more FGy's on route than Trons. So maybe Tron is more of a home collectors game, hence why you see it in houses more often, and FGY is more of a route game. I don't know the numbers of either, so I can't say either way. But I am certain LOTR is larger number than either.

#221 9 years ago

Put me on the list for a Family Guy VE!

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Nicely done!

My family still to this day quotes Mojo Jo Jo when he was a Teppanyaki chef passing out the sauce and grunts "For Dipping".
We can't go to restaurant and someone not say it, anytime a sauce is served.

#223 9 years ago

Nevertheless, I am happy to keep my original heavily modded Tron pro!

Still not 100% convinced. LOTR VE will come out first before Tron VE

20150124_184828.jpg20150124_184828.jpg
#224 9 years ago

Jeez, I used FGY as an example, but I think you miss the point. VE for games with demand that are not in production. May be plentiful in the US but not elsewhere. Tron has had multiple runs so plenty out there.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Jeez, I used FGY as an example, but I think you miss the point. VE for games with demand that are not in production. May be plentiful in the US but not elsewhere. Tron has had multiple runs so plenty out there.

Multiple runs mean nothing as you have to look at total production. There were 4 runs of Tron but those 4 are way less than the volume of MET, AC/DC, SM, LOTR, etc... Right now there really isn't all that many out there. When you look at old Bally/Williams titles if you see a run of less than 2K you think it's a pretty rare game so why is that different for Tron? Also, if they were "plentiful" out there the pro's wouldn't be selling for over NIB pricing.

I'm still kicking myself for passing on Best Buy's blow out on there stock. They had the pro's for $3500 with 0% for 18 months and the LE's for $4200 also with 0% for 18 months. I wound up buying TFLE instead. Love my TFLE but I sure wish I would have bought a closeout Tron LE then and the TFLE now. Amazing on how that difference changes things.

#226 9 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

yet another shining example of faulty logic...

"multiple runs" in no way implies "more machines"...

#227 9 years ago

2000 pins is not a small run. People really think those are low numbers, but they are not in the grand scheme of total hardcore pinball collectors.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yet another shining example of faulty logic...
"multiple runs" in no way implies "more machines"...

Games with demand not higher production run.

#229 9 years ago

u dumb, bro?

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

u dumb, bro?

Think I ordered that last night at the Thai restaurant.
Was a little spicy...

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Nope.
Don't ever recall 'muppets' ever being a hot tip though...

You're the one that parks him in front of the tv and makes him watch all them muppets...they got frogs kissing pigs, what'd you think was going to happen?

138621578364.png138621578364.png

2 weeks later
#232 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I totally believe you... seems like you always have pretty good skinfo.
the way I look at it the more trons out there in the wild and in collectors hands the better

tron-girls1.jpg 101 KB

Dibs on the Asian

3 months later
#233 8 years ago

still nothing on a soon to be Tron VE ?

#234 8 years ago

oublie (lol)

#235 8 years ago

Stretch2 was eventually right about his kiss prediction. Hopefully he's right about tron ve as well. I want a tron....

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

Stretch2 was eventually right about his kiss prediction. Hopefully he's right about tron ve as well. I want a tron....

For about 5 years and running. I'm kidding.

There are a few lucky guessers here on PS.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

still nothing on a soon to be Tron VE ?

Pretty sure this thread was just Stretch trying to get more Trons at lower prices at the time. I remember this phishing thread he started within a week or two prior:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-tron-pro-huo

At the time I remember seeing him change the title from Tron wanted to nevermind and his 1st post in it he quickly edited to say he will wait for a VE.

And then more recently:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-tron-legacy-le-stern-2011

This guy cracks me up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.50
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-veits-coming/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.