Topic Stats

• 237 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yipykya
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

138621578364.png
20150124_184828.jpg
Tron.png
tag_1384488631.jpg
image-776.jpg
tron-premium-2.jpg
familyguy-herbert-1.jpg
200_s.gif
deadhorse.jpg
image.jpg
untitled.png
Stern_SAM-SPIKE_SYSTEM.jpg
tron-girls1.jpg
image-978.jpg

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 4 years ago

Probably see a Tron VE before a Predator.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There were likely more FGY built than Tron. 2500 isn't that limited by modern pinball standards.

I disagree. Tron had several releases. FGY did not. I think there are more Trons out there than FGY's. If you combine the shrek numbers with FGY they might be close.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I disagree. Tron had several releases. FGY did not. I think there are more Trons out there than FGY's. If you combine the shrek numbers with FGY they might be close.

There are ~2500 FGY. It was in production on and off from 2007-2009....call that one release or several - it's honestly no different than Tron. Running new batches while the license was active. They made FGY right up thru the license expiration.

#154 4 years ago

where did you get your numbers from? Stern doesn't release it's production numbers.

#155 4 years ago

If they had to re-theme FGY with Shrek....I don't think it was that successful.

There are more Tron pins out there.

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

where did you get your numbers from? Stern doesn't release it's production numbers.

I think I know a little bit about Family Guy.

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

If they had to re-theme FGY with Shrek....I don't think it was that successful.
There are more Tron pins out there.

I feel like I have to explain this a few times a year.

FGY didn't sell that great at the start of '07, so they planned Shrek to use up all the parts.

However, as Fall/Xmas of '07 hit, sales of FGY picked up...and the game remained in production thru the end of '09. They made Shrek anyway, but they no longer "needed" it to use up FGY parts.

I don't know how many Trons were made, but there are about 2500 Family Guys. Based on what someone earlier in the thread said, I don't think Tron hit those numbers...remember, Tron came out when pins weren't moving the amount of units that they used to.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I knew it... You are Seth...

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'd have a few Big Bang Bars if that was the case lol

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait...Seth Mcfarlane is Colt Cabana's brother? Lol

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

Wait...Seth Mcfarlane is Colt Cabana's brother? Lol

It's Pinside, speculate away!

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd have a few Big Bang Bars if that was the case lol

What do you do in relation to FG? I know you have said before, but can't remember.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What do you do in relation to FG? I know you have said before, but can't remember.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1108814/

#165 4 years ago

so you are getting WWE I take it?

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so you are getting WWE I take it?

No way.

No interest in the theme, and won't buy Stern games NIB anymore. Maybe a year or two later if it's a theme I like and if the code is verified complete.

#167 4 years ago

i hear Stern is going to release another run of MM this year

#168 4 years ago

You're so cute when you're sleeping.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're so cute when you're sleeping.

...then I wake up and play your Scared Stiff....stiff.

#170 4 years ago

...oh you 2...

familyguy-herbert-1.jpg

#171 4 years ago

Wait, Rarehero worked on Invader Zim and Family Guy is what he's proud of?!?

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Wait, Rarehero worked on Invader Zim and Family Guy is what he's proud of?!?

When did I mention pride?

A job's a job. Zim was cancelled and we were booted out the door. FG is still on the air.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There are ~2500 FGY. It was in production on and off from 2007-2009....call that one release or several - it's honestly no different than Tron. Running new batches while the license was active. They made FGY right up thru the license expiration.

Pffft. How would you know??

Oh wait...

#174 4 years ago

If they come out with a Tron premium I will pass.....If it's an updated VE Pro.....I'm in.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If they come out with a Tron premium I will pass.....If it's an updated VE Pro.....I'm in.

...it's here...

tron-premium-2.jpg

#176 4 years ago

hold on, everyone keep your pants on......except for you chris.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You should listen to rarehero here. I've debunked this many times in the past myself, but then people don't want to believe me either, though, so...

#178 4 years ago

How about more new titles?
Let's move on already. So many cool new titles that could be made.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

How about more new titles?
Let's move on already. So many cool new titles that could be made.

New title will still be made. Stern always has multiple games in production at any given time. An old title going back into production has zero bearing on new titles. Just keeps the line moving, games selling & employees paid.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevgascan:

Probably see a Tron VE before a Predator.

Oh man....

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

New title will still be made.

Yeah, new titles. Kiss, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Journey...where does it end?!

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, new titles. Kiss, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Journey...where does it end?!

Well, I have it on good authority that Blue Cheer will precede Styx...

tag_1384488631.jpg
#183 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

FGY didn't sell that great at the start of '07, so they planned Shrek to use up all the parts.
However, as Fall/Xmas of '07 hit, sales of FGY picked up...and the game remained in production thru the end of '09. They made Shrek anyway, but they no longer "needed" it to use up FGY parts.
I don't know how many Trons were made, but there are about 2500 Family Guys. Based on what someone earlier in the thread said, I don't think Tron hit those numbers...remember, Tron came out when pins weren't moving the amount of units that they used to.

Stern has lots of boxes of left over Family Guy figures. They have yet to give them away as in years, past left over parts like Ripley's shrunken heads were given away on Expo tours. I have seen them still sitting on the shelf during the most recent expo visit.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You should listen to rarehero here. I've debunked this many times in the past myself, but then people don't want to believe me either, though, so...

Well here is the releases and the games. Looks like Tron has 5 releases altogether with the LE's. But it looks like they havn't been keeping track of the releases until later games. As there is only 2 releases for LOTR and I know there were at least 7.

2007 Family Guy
2007-06 Spider-Man
2007-10 Wheel Of Fortune
2007-12 Good Morning America
2008 Shrek™ Stern
2008-04 Indiana Jones
2008-07 Batman
2008-11 CSI
2009 NBA
2009-02 24
2009-12 The Lord of the Rings (Limited Edition)
2010 Batman (Standard Model)
2010 Iron Man
2010 Iron Man Classic

2010-01 Big Buck Hunter Pro Stern
2010-08 James Cameron’s Avatar Stern
2010-12 James Cameron’s Avatar (Limited Edition)
2011 Disney TRON Legacy
2011 Disney TRON Legacy (Limited Edition)
2011 The Rolling Stones
2011 The Rolling Stones (Limited Edition)
2011 Transformers™ (Pro)
2011 Transformers™ Autobot Crimson Limited Edition
2011 Transformers™ Decepticon Violet Limited Edition Stern
2011 Transformers™ Limited Edition ("Combo")
2012 AC/DC (Pro)
2012 Disney TRON Legacy (3rd Edition)
2012 Metallica Master of Puppets (Limited Edition)
2012 The Avengers (Limited Edition)
2012 The Avengers (Pro)
2012 The Avengers Hulk (Limited Edition)
2012 Transformers The Pin™
2012-03 AC/DC (Premium)
2012-03 AC/DC Back In Black Limited Edition
2012-03 AC/DC Let There Be Rock Limited Edition
2012-06 X-Men Magneto LE
2012-06 X-Men Wolverine LE
2012-08 X-Men (Pro)
2013 Disney TRON Legacy (4th Edition)

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

New title will still be made. Stern always has multiple games in production at any given time. An old title going back into production has zero bearing on new titles. Just keeps the line moving, games selling & employees paid.

100% agree here. As much as some people don't like VE's (for honestly what I always see as selfish reasons anyways) they are great for Stern and you as the end user of a potential future NIB. Cutting new releases down from 3 a year to 2 a year allows them more time on the new games to get them right. Allows more time for coding, QC, design, etc. Theoretically, this should help them make better new games.

I'm all up for Stern to re-make any game they can make a profit on. If it's Tron, great. If not, go for what ever makes money so they can stay in business and continue to work on the next title while still paying the bills.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've seen one Family Guy ever. I've seen many Trons.

I know you like Family Guy and all, based on your avatar, but my experiences lead me to the fact that there are more Trons.

#188 4 years ago

I know you like Family Guy and all, based on your Avatar, but my experiences lead me to the fact that there are more Trons.

That logic is severely flawed unless you have personally been to every persons house and every arcade. Just because you haven't seen it in your part of the world doesn't mean he is wrong. I'm not saying he is right or wrong as I can't know that. If I had to bet I would bet on him though since he works for FG and I'm guessing he (outside of a Stern employee) would have the best chance at knowing the production number for FG.

Reason I think your logic is flawed - there is one Tron at Pinballz arcade but there is one FG and one Shrek. Does that mean there are twice as many FG and Shreks than Tron? Does that mean there are the same number of Trons as FG? Nope.

How about another analogy. How many TZ and TAF do you see compared to Trons? Do you see 5 times as many of them? They both have 10K plus runs and (I think we can all agree) the Tron runs total plus or mins 2k. I see more Trons than I do TZ and TAF so that must mean there are more than 10K Trons, right?

#189 4 years ago

There are about 600 Pinside Tron owners listed (LE and Pro combined). There are only about 200 FG Pinside owners listed. Statistics lead me to believe that there are quite a bit more Trons than Family Guy pinball machines. I realize that you cannot say there is a 3 to 1 ratio of actual machines because the sample is incomplete, but it is a decisive enough ratio to lead to conclusions that there are likely considerably less FG than Tron.

#190 4 years ago

Gotta admit Greg, I'm digging this side of you. You should show it more often. Thanks for the input.

#191 4 years ago

I know you like Family Guy and all, based on your Avatar, but my experiences lead me to the fact that there are more Trons.

I've found one TRON pro in the wild. I've played 4 FG in the wild, but all heavily beat up though.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There are about 600 Pinside Tron owners listed (LE and Pro combined). There are only about 200 FG Pinside owners listed. Statistics lead me to believe that there are quite a bit more Trons than Family Guy pinball machines. I realize that you cannot say they are a 3 to 1 ratio because the sample is incomplete, but it is a decisive enough a ratio to lead to conclusions that there are likely considerably less FG than Tron.

And there are only 1000 TAF's in pinsiders list. Pinside is a very small portion of the community and it's skewed at that. A game like Tron is more tailored towards a place like this than a game like FG/Shrek. I bet there are way more (percentage of games produced) FG/Shreks on route than there are Trons.

#193 4 years ago

Liking has nothing to do with it. What you've seen does not dictate a universal experience nor does it refute the facts that Keith and I have put before you.

I've never seen a Tron on location. I have seen a 24 and a Rolling Stones. Our local operator tastes have nothing to do with production numbers.

It's probably safe to say Trons original run was similar to IM ....tack on the small subsequent runs after that and you can get a good estimate on how many were made. Again - I'm not saying I know how many Trons there are ...but there are ~2500 FGYs. There were 1200 IM which then led to demand for the VE. If Tron has more units out there than FGY, there'd be less of a need for a VE. If a VE Tron ends up being true, that means there aren't that many Trons out there to meet demand. Less than 2000 units is very likely.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That logic is severely flawed unless you have personally been to every persons house and every arcade. Just because you haven't seen it in your part of the world doesn't mean he is wrong. I'm not saying he is right or wrong as I can't know that. If I had to bet I would bet on him though since he works for FG and I'm guessing he (outside of a Stern employee) would have the best chance at knowing the production number for FG.
Reason I think your logic is flawed - there is one Tron at Pinballz arcade but there is one FG and one Shrek. Does that mean there are twice as many FG and Shreks than Tron? Does that mean there are the same number of Trons as FG? Nope.
How about another analogy. How many TZ and TAF do you see compared to Trons? Do you see 5 times as many of them? They both have 10K plus runs and (I think we can all agree) the Tron runs total plus or mins 2k. I see more Trons than I do TZ and TAF so that must mean there are more than 10K Trons, right?

Calm down hipster. I was relating my personal experiences.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Liking has nothing to do with it. What you've seen does not dictate a universal experience nor does it refute the facts that Keith and I have put before you.
I've never seen a Tron on location. I have seen a 24 and a Rolling Stones. Our local operator tastes have nothing to do with production numbers.
It's probably safe to say Trons original run was similar to IM ....tack on the small subsequent runs after that and you can get a good estimate on how many were made. Again - I'm not saying I know how many Trons there are ...but there are ~2500 FGYs. There were 1200 IM which then led to demand for the VE. If Tron has more units out there than FGY, there'd be less of a need for a VE. If a VE Tron ends up being true, that means there aren't that many Trons out there to meet demand. Less than 2000 units is very likely.

Again, unless you have official numbers from Stern, you are pulling that ~2500 number out of Peter Griffin's ass.

"Lois, it's like that one time we were at that pinball arcade........"

#196 4 years ago

He won an Emmy for his work on the show you baffoon, I think he may have just a bit of inside information.

#197 4 years ago

Again, unless you have official numbers from Stern, you are pulling that ~2500 number out of Peter Griffin's ass.

Except I'm not.

#198 4 years ago

"Lois, it's like that one time we were at that pinball arcade........"

Greg is the MOST likely to know other than Gary Stern himself.

I bet since he's a pinball guy AND a FG director, it was an exciting place to mix both worlds.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

He won an Emmy for his work on the show you baffoon, I think he may have just a bit of inside information.

Baffoon? Mind your own business, Liver Lip.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Greg is the MOST likely to know other than Gary Stern himself.
I bet since he's a pinball guy AND a FG director, it was an exciting place to mix both worlds.

Then these things should stated from the initial part of the argument.

Also, being a FG director doesn't automatically make one aware of the sales. That would had to have been delivered from official source. Again, if this is the case, it should be stated in the initial argument.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside