View topic image gallery

IMG_6751 (resized).JPG
LOTR (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170213-191547 (resized).png
dead_horse (resized).png
uxWWgNz (resized).png
IMG_4847.JPG
IMG_3559 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Guess I should have done some searching first, but thanks for all the work, all good reads but most are very old threads. I guess it's time to bring it up again!

Just pretend they were written last week... it all still applies.

#37 7 years ago

Holy Crap! My Tron has been in my house more than 5 years. I remember my first impression of it on location... "Yuck". But it was the "Libations" callout of Zeus that kept me trying. And after a dozen or so games on it, I thought it was magical. A few visits later, I bought one from Trent. Tron prices stay high because of people like me. I bought one, and I have no intention to ever sell it. The game is almost ideal. Easy to understand but so wonderfully difficult. I can do all of the pieces, but not in one game. And the Portal is always there, but almost unobtainable in mine (for me).

Which means I still hope they make a VE. And I hope it comes with the quality playfield they were using 5 years ago. And I hope they price it like a Pro. That way more people can have the joy of owning one.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is a possibility a VE could come out one day, so don't do it. You'll have much more fun not having a Tron.

The funny part of this is that I remember when I was buying my second copy of LOTR and there was VE talk about that. I was paying a pretty penny for a HUO copy that played amazing. I can't count how many fun games I've had on that since I got it. I would have missed all of it waiting for a VE.

And really, Stern has done ONE VE so far. Iron Man. Spiderman doesn't count because in my mind, that isn't a VE. And they are unlikely to do another one. There is too much money in adding a bit to the game and charging WAY more for it.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i preordered my tron pro before it was released (first NIB). i then sold it for a metallica first run pro, and i haven't ever looked back. i don't think i'd ever own it again, but that's just me.

I totally get that, and I think it is awesome. We all have different taste. There may be a game that you love that doesn't do it for me. I don't mind if people don't like Tron, and I get excited when they find other great games. MET is awesome, and I hope you are still enjoying it.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

thanks dave. i love metallica, but mine needs a color dmd

Oh it really does. I'd put that MET in the top 3 for ColorDMD titles (LOTR and STTNG are the other two if you're curious). The animations in MET come alive with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.