care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rtr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 9 years ago

Tron VE is almost a certainty at some future point. But it could be 3 years down the road, so if you really want one, don't count on VE.

VE's and special editions (Luci) are a way for Stern to plug holes in their production line between runs, bolster numbers when a new run falls short of expectation and in general maximize revenue opportunities.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Some of these VE threads are specifically written to drive the prices down for interested parties.

Whoa. Do you think this is one of them? Because I refuse to participate in a conspiracy.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Really the question should be, "Does it make sense for Stern to do another run of Tron?" Everyone is sick of "will they" or "what is the next VE" post, so look at it this way maybe.
Let's look at some stats on Pinside people owners and want lists for fun.
Own and want IM just before the VE rerun - 221 own / 195 want
After IMVE is released with current numbers 365 own / 189 want.
More people own the IM now and the same amount of people still want it because it is more attainable at a lower price. IM VE was a big success, but less than 150 Pinsiders posted it to their collections. Interesting.
Trons numbers are 405 own / 251 want currently.
More own Tron now than IM before and after the VE release, but more people want Tron in their collections than IM, before and after IM VE came out. Interesting.
So, perhaps it makes sense for Stern to rerun it from a business perspective. There seems to be more people, at least on Pinside who keep track of their collections, who want Tron than IM before and after the IM VE. People say "if you want one just buy a used one for $5000+++ with some mods." Why would you do that when a $4700 unplayed one could just show up at your door and add your own mods, or not. If the price were lower on Trons across the board more people would want it to add to their collections because it is more attainable, just like IM.
I would be interested if they did a Tron rerun. When I was looking for my last pin I bought I was not very interested in a preowned Tron with couple of mods that was a 4 hour drive away, when I could buy a NIB IMVE for $800 less. No brainer really, for me at least. Everyone is different.
We will see. What sucks about the Stern in your collection is that the better the game plays and the more popular it is the more likely a rerun will happen. Wait, owning a great playing, popular pin doesn't suck!

Great post! The first non-emotional, numbers driven analysis I have seen of this subject.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The right price was his asking price, cuz it sold.

That's anecdotal. No one saw the transaction or check.

But, on the positive side, if it did sell at the price it supports the premise that the pin is in good demand.

1 month later
#209 9 years ago

I think now that Stern is into selling mods, it probably increases the chance they will release a Tron VE. And some cool mods for it.

They must hate that the secondary market has made so much $moola$ off their Tron! Time for them to get some of that action.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...from the same 5 people over and over again.

I think they are arguing with the same 3 people who hate the VE idea...

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

^^^^^^^Again this is why they're higher than NIB.

This is also why Stern will run a Tron VE. The margin on the mods they can sell with it (and for all the existing machines) will help them make the decision.

Stern getting into the mod business is a smart move.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

borg-no-tron-ve-1.png 24 KB

The way that was worded seems to bolster the case for or possibility of a Tron VE.

You would have to be nuts to think another run isn't possible at some point in the future. Whether it's next year or 5 years from now is another matter.

But it is definitely on that very short list of possible VEs.

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am hoping for a 2016 TRON VE
That is a bit selfish though to hope for a later release, when many want it now.

Don't worry it's like hoping for your team to win, it doesn't really affect whether your team wins.

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yeah... if that thing is real... who knows what it means

Well you posted it. Was it real? What was the source?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rtr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-will-it-happen?tu=rtr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.