Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tron.PNG
th-503.jpeg
yhst-32784555675698_2268_94791.gif
IMG_4590.JPG
2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg
care-bear-bbq-1.jpg
0007628644444_A.jpeg
ireallydontcare.jpg
care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

It is all just idle speculation until Stern makes an announcement. I'd imagine since the success of IM VE they will surely do another, who knows which one they'll do next...

Not necessarily...IM had the "magic sauce" of super cheap BOM & pent up demand. No other game really has that double whammy. Sure, a few people say they'd buy a NIB Tron or LOTR...but are distributors feeling that pressure of customers beating down their doors for those games? Probably not, because many were made & available 2nd hand. While you'll probably see more IMve run, other games are highly unlikely any time soon. If you want a LOTR or Tron, just go get one and enjoy it today.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why are so many people against a Tron VE?
I'd rather buy a NIB Tron VE for $5,400 (with free shipping) instead of $5,400 for a used Tron.
This is a no brainer.

Not against it…just saying that it's not a given. Like IM, it's a low BOM game - so, it's possible if demand warrants it. Unlike IM, it's less likely that the license will be renewed as Disney kinda treats Tron like poop. Just because a couple people want it NIB doesn't mean enough demand is there. Are there 500 people who would buy them NIB? I think that's the magic number.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Current HUO Tron's are just outside of my "comfort zone". If Tron VE's did get made I would be all over one if it was in the $4700 shipped ball park. If that drove the existing HUO's into the $4200 range that would be even better!

They seem to usually have ~$1000 worth of mods on them (Eli kit, color DMD, speaker upgrades, LEDs, Arcade mod, etc). What's the going price for a bone stock Tron? I have to imagine it would be like $4500 or so, right?

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

3.5 hour drive there, then 3.5 hour drive back.
For the right price, I'll buy the game.
You weren't at the right price. I PMed you seeing if I can get you down to the right price.
If you had a beat up game, I would've even waste my time…hence, me giving you a compliment for keeping it in great condition.
Give me one good reason why I, or anyone else, wouldn't try to negotiate the price down. Last time I checked, no price is set in stone.
BTW, aren't PRIVATE messages suppose to remain PRIVATE????

The right price was his asking price, cuz it sold.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The right price for him and that buyer.
Wasn't my right price.

Wah wah wah. If you want a Tron you'll have to buy one.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For quick sale, so I can get another woodie.

Tron LE gives me a woodie

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My new (figuratively speaking) Rocket gives me a woodie.

304021-i.jpg 46 KB

Your Rocket kills my woodie

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The only problem with a retro Tron is the sound. The sound on tron pinball is amazing.

You should buy one!

1 month later
#156 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I've noticed a lot of TRON LE for sale posts lately. I wonder if some people are privy to new information about Tron VE?

No. Sometimes people just sell games. Cuz they need money or space.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Or... they know that the value of their machine is going to drop when the VE is announced.

Or, there will never be a VE....but keep speculating.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

If they do it, I'll likely get one. Would make a first NIB and first Stern for me, but Tron's my favorite Stern.

If it's your favorite Stern, you should get one. You know, the ones that exist....not the ones that never will.

#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Really no harm in waiting to see what happens. It's not like the price will skyrocket anytime soon. I've waited years to get a pin I wanted at the price I wanted.

I guess. It's more fun to just play Tron now.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

May never happen, but there sure seems to be a demand for it...

...from the same 5 people over and over again.

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well that is exactly right. They didn't make enough Tron's......period.

....and then they made more.

...and then more.

...and then more.

They've already done multiple runs to satisfy demand.

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

How many total made?
I'm thinking not that many.

A billion.

Quoted from vex:

apparently not, there seems to be yet more demand out there...it's the gift that keeps on giving for stern

A few dudes on Pinside does not = "demand". Can they sell 500 more? Previous multiple re-runs has satiated demand, IMO. Just buy a HUO one like the good old days.

In any case, license has expired & not still relevant like Iron Man. Ain't happenin'.

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So why wouldn't they do yet another run if used games are still selling for = or > current Pro pricing? Assuming licensing is not an issue (always an assumption), would seem like a no-brainer to make some easy money during slack times by running off a few hundred more with slight tweaks and upgrades as with IMVE.

Why don't they just re-run every game?

Licensing IS an issue and/or too expensive for a small run.

Demand isn't as big as those crying for it think it is.

If used pricing is a factor - IM was selling for $6-7k. Stock Trons aren't even close to that kind of used price insanity.

Quoted from vex:

when there's easy money to be made by stern, ain't happenin' be a happenin'

Oh, Pinside armchair businessmen. "Easy money" isn't always as easy as you think.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

HUO prices on Tron are of course less than IM was at its peak. But they seem to be at least marginally higher than current Pro prices, which I take to mean there's significant demand for this pin at existing supply levels compared to most other pinball machines.

Most Trons have $1000+ in mods....that's why they're higher than Pro prices.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

What percentage of Tron Pros are selling for less than $4200?

POTC is selling for more than $4200...that doesn't mean there's enough demand for Stern to re-run it.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Tron isn't exactly a blockbuster title. I think Disney would license it for cheap.

Blockbuster status has nothing to do with licensing or licensing costs. Having the name "Disney" on something is what has value. Also, it's lack of blockbuster status is another reason Disney might not care about re-licensing. Tron is so far off their radar at this point.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I still can't figure out why people are against the idea of a Tron VE.

No one is against the idea of it. We're against the rampant speculation that's practically turned into a religion. It's extremely unlikely Tron VE will happen. Even John Borg said its not happening. So - if you want a Tron to play, stop whining about it and "praying" for a VE ...just go buy a Tron. They're out there and they exist.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Then why are you promoting it? You've posted 20 times in this thread regarding the subject.

I'm not promoting it lol. Do you know what "promoting" means ?

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Guy said Gary was ranting about pinsiders being stubborn.

Guy Guy Guy...Who the F*CK is GUY!?!?!? ....and why does he not care that his conversations about private business get posted here? And why are you his ambassador? No one at Stern ever wants private info posted unless it's from their own mouth.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The fact that a VE is rare might indicate it didn't sell well.

I think he meant the original IM was rare, thus the VE was popular.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Yeah that's what I meant, from I've heard more IMVE's have been sold than originals, although I can't verify that.

Maybe in the UK, but not in total.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah, but that's not 4k.

Neither would a VE, even before shipping. Also - that's a "retail" price...I bet if someone wanted to buy that and contacted Terry, the price isn't firm.

5 months later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside