Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tron.PNG
th-503.jpeg
yhst-32784555675698_2268_94791.gif
IMG_4590.JPG
2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg
care-bear-bbq-1.jpg
0007628644444_A.jpeg
ireallydontcare.jpg
care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 5 years ago

I don't have any inside info, so I couldn't tell ya. What I do know is Tron already had several runs, so finding one now shouldn't be too hard. I would guess with everything Stern has going on now a ve would not come out for quite a while and would reflect the recent price hikes accordingly.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#78 5 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

We all know the price tag, no shame in that post.

Heck, I would even take any and all woodrails in trade! Only the ones with flippers. For now...

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

why the discounted price?

For quick sale, so I can get another woodie.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TRON LE gives me a woodie

My new (figuratively speaking) Rocket gives me a woodie.
Note- flipper angle has since been corrected and center post removed.

304021-i.jpg

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Your Rocket kills my woodie

As it should. Lets see you light up all 7 rockets!

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

The more you wait to buy one the more higher the price
Will be...

True. Waiting is for chumps. Time to buy is NOW!

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Without all the necessary information, that chart is just noise.

Exactly. The only info we have now is there are Tron Pros and LEs and they are no longer being made.
Are you a gambling man?

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If the pin shoots up in value and I didn't buy it prior, oh well. It isn't the end of the world.

That's what I thought when I bought mine. I didn't buy it to make or lose money, but it was the machine I wanted at the time. Somehow I put together the money and found an LE with 80 plays on it. But I didn't buy it to just look at it either. I have played it. A bunch.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

TRON LE is Tron Premium... Haven't you figured that out y

Wrong! Tron Premium is the LE!

1 month later
#169 5 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

need to protect those with LE Trons.

What kind of protection do the owners of the best pinball machine since the turn of the century really need?

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

There seems to be a ton of interest contrary to what the Tron pinvestors are trying to say.

Interest is one thing, but buyers are another. A VE Tron would probably end up costing north of 5k in a configuration like the original Pro. Any extra parts added would increase that amount. How many of those that are pumping for this to happen have $5500 ready to plunk down on this? I figure if they did they would already have one.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, but if you throw on the lighted ramps...Cha-Ching!!!! Stern would be raking in this --->$$$$$$

Aren't lighted ramps already available for pros? Are there not enough existing pros to go around?

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

VE with lighted ramps and daft punk mb - I'd be in. Though, dp mb would have to get implemented to existing pros and the LE owners may go apeshit

It's not like any of those features would be removed from the LEs. But if they add those to a VE, expect to pay way mo money.

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

What data do you have that a new run of Tron would be priced this high? There is near zero design cost and they probably already have all the tooling. It's basically a cash machine to Stern.

I have no data except that prices of NIB pins have been on the rise in general. I would be surprised if any new machines will be under 5k in the near future.

As the owner of an LE, sure I'd like to get back what I paid for it if I decide to sell it, but if that doesn't happen I'll be sure to get my moneys worth by playing it.

If they are going to do a VE, I hope they do it sooner than later. If they don't then this kind of speculation can go on forever. A TronVE pro with the new cabinet design would only make the desire for the LEs stronger. IMO.

#239 5 years ago

It would probably take Stern a little more work to convert a machine to the new cabinet and any upgraded platform. They would probably want to sell at least 500 like IM to make it worth their while. Not a couple hundred like the last run.

#251 5 years ago

A little OT but a friend of mine has an NIB POTC. He's just been too busy to open it. Yo ho yo ho...

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think it is funny how some are saying there is no way, and others that say how can they not?

i'm saying if they are going to do it, do it now! And get it over with...

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I still can't figure out why people are against the idea of a Tron VE.

Some people would rather see a little more time and effort invested in something new. Every dollar that a remake or VE takes is one less dollar spent on pinball moving forward. Shit! I'm starting to sound like teekee.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think here's the question to ask: did Iron Man VE have any affect on the product release cycle?

Probably not. But the more old games that are getting new runs means the less new games that will be sold. If this keeps up there won't be a market for new games. Fine with me. I like the old games.

#269 5 years ago

327722.jpeg

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

In other words, I see *at least* 4 titles from Stern next year, 3 of which have never been run, and the 4th hasn't been run for 15 years... it's good times for the pinball community for sure.

I see this too. But unless the buying community has endless amounts of space and money, only so many machines can be purchased. I see the pinball buying community expanding, but not by leaps and bounds. It could come a time when there are so many choices of new machines that there aren't enough buyers for any single one in a decent quantity. That could cause those that make them to go out of business. Then we are back to the late 90s all over again.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Guess that settles it then. Tron VE is coming for sure!

With optional upgrades for sure. At a reasonable additional price.
pegs.jpg

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So a TRON LE sells for *less* than what they've sold for previously and that's evidence that Stern is going to release a Vault Edition?!

It sure sold in less time than they have before.

#363 5 years ago

Ask me if I care.

#366 5 years ago

I care that you are interested in the fact that I don't care.

#390 5 years ago

Caring is for those that care.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Iron Man VE was very popular here due to rarity, Tron VE would also sell well for the same reason.

The fact that a VE is rare might indicate it didn't sell well.

#421 5 years ago

Funny how much bitching people do to save a few bucks.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3055

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah, but that's not 4k.

You're dreaming to think you will ever find another NIB machine for 4k. I bet distributers like Pinballlife are just begging Stern to do a VE so they can sell the ones they still have from the last run.

#462 5 years ago

Only the best for my Luci.
th-503.jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside