care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The only way to ensure that a TRON VE is made is for me to buy a TRON Pro, and to ensure that there is a TRON Premium made all I have to do is buy labnip's TRON LE. That is my luck. So, for you guys that want a new TRON all I need to do is pull the trigger and you'll get one.

Could you buy an LOTR instead though, I'd rather see that as a VE.

1 month later
#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I hope someone from Stern is reading this thread and can see the passion for the release of the Tron VE. There seems to be a ton of interest contrary to what the Tron pinvestors are trying to say.

Well just in case Stern is reading, then, LOTR VE please!

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

....and then they made more.
...and then more.
...and then more.
They've already done multiple runs to satisfy demand.

So why wouldn't they do yet another run if used games are still selling for = or > current Pro pricing? Assuming licensing is not an issue (always an assumption), would seem like a no-brainer to make some easy money during slack times by running off a few hundred more with slight tweaks and upgrades as with IMVE.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why don't they just re-run every game?

Because the vast majority of games have used examples selling significantly below current Pro pricing. For those few that don't, the market is signaling that there's sufficient demand to keep the price elevated, and Stern could potentially capture some of that with a re-run.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Licensing IS an issue and/or too expensive for a small run.

This could totally be true, I have no idea what the Tron (or LOTR) license looks like, how reasonable the licensor is, what size run Stern would need to justify the license renewal costs, etc. But I haven't seen that anyone else has inside info on this either, so we're all just speculating.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Demand isn't as big as those crying for it think it is. If used pricing is a factor - IM was selling for $6-7k. Stock Trons aren't even close to that kind of used price insanity.

HUO prices on Tron are of course less than IM was at its peak. But they seem to be at least marginally higher than current Pro prices, which I take to mean there's significant demand for this pin at existing supply levels compared to most other pinball machines.

Look, none of this means that Stern would be crazy not to remake Tron. But I haven't seen anything that makes me think it would be a terrible business decision (or impossible due to licensing issues) to do another run.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Guy says no Tron remakes are planned. As a matter of fact, Gary is getting extremely, and I quote, 'annoyed at Pinside relentlessness on this title.'

Good! Hopefully he'll channel that annoyance into a top-notch LOTR VE.

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern will remake ANY game that makes sense for them.
That said, they are smart enough to see that real demand is not there for them to even think about doing another run of tron at this time (and unlikely in the future as they made multiple runs already).
Unfortunately for all you that are too blind to see reality, TronVE is VERY far down the list of possible remakes and makes very little sense to do in the near future from a short or long view business perspective.
If they are smart business they will be sure to have LOTRve coming off the line and available at the same time as hobbit is coming out from JJP. That is just smart business to try and suck $$$ out of your main competitor.
Either way, Vault Editions are stupid and I hope they put more energy into NEW games. Pretty sad that line time (and collector dollars) in the past year will be used to remake 2 just OK games (IM and MM) when many real hobbyists want to see the ball rolling forward.
If you want a tron, just go buy one! They are plentiful and reasonably priced already.

Agreed that LOTR VE makes most sense as the next VE from Stern (assuming they can get the licensing, which is a big assumption). But what other games would you advise them to remake before Tron such that you list Tron "VERY far down the list of possible remakes"?

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ones that sell on the secondary market for well over what they could sell a VE for, have high demand, and low supply; combined with low BOM, easy to remake, and a realistically good sales projection.
Stock TronVE does NOT fit the bill.

But which games specifically fit the bill as you describe it and push Tron "way down the list"?

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i prefer care bear bbq, not that anyone cares...

I doubt the Honey Badger would be pleased that you called him a Care Bear. Or are you banking on the fact that he doesn't give a s#@t?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-will-it-happen?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.