Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tron.PNG
th-503.jpeg
yhst-32784555675698_2268_94791.gif
IMG_4590.JPG
2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg
care-bear-bbq-1.jpg
0007628644444_A.jpeg
ireallydontcare.jpg
care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 5 years ago

I hope they do, but they probably won't.

#61 5 years ago

Current HUO Tron's are just outside of my "comfort zone". If Tron VE's did get made I would be all over one if it was in the $4700 shipped ball park. If that drove the existing HUO's into the $4200 range that would be even better!

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They seem to usually have ~$1000 worth of mods on them (Eli kit, color DMD, speaker upgrades, LEDs, Arcade mod, etc). What's the going price for a bone stock Tron? I have to imagine it would be like $4500 or so, right?

Actually that is a very good point......and question. Almost all of the one's that have come up for sale have been heavily modified.

While the price should indeed reflect a decent percentage of the added mods I am one of those that finds it easier to get a base game and then slowly mod it myself as additional funds come in. But that's just me.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The right price was his asking price, cuz it sold.

Sure....but no reason to drag PM's into it.....that was over the line IMHO.

1 month later
#196 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

beat_dead_horse.jpg 70 KB

These types of posts only seem to come from people who already own a Tron....hmmm.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it's your favorite Stern, you should get one. You know, the ones that exist....not the ones that never will.

Really no harm in waiting to see what happens. It's not like the price will skyrocket anytime soon. I've waited years to get a pin I wanted at the price I wanted.

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

And these types of posts ^ seem to only come from those who don't own Tron.... Hmmm

Well that is exactly right. They didn't make enough Tron's......period.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Man, Stern could probably make a lot more money on Tron if they threw a few in house mods on the old pro model and sell it for the current Stern "LE price" of 7500 and tag it as a "Vault"?

Umm....no. We want a Tron Pro (maybe with couple added bells and whistles) for same cost that IMVE came out at.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

....and then they made more.
...and then more.
...and then more.
They've already done multiple runs to satisfy demand.

How many total made?

I'm thinking not that many.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have gotten several (more than just a 5 people) PM's asking me to let them know if I hear about a TRON VE release - I guess because I am watching so close for it. Is there another Stern pin that has had so much press on Pinside regarding desire for another production run or VE. I am sure that there have been, but more than TRON?

Maybe another LOTR run. I think they should still be making IM's but obviously Stern has a better handle on how many their distributors are sitting on.

#274 5 years ago

To me VE's just seem like a no-brainer Win, Win, Win.

People get a pin they want.

Stern makes easy money.

It keeps the secondary market prices in check.

I'm not buying pins to make money on them. I'm buying to play, share, fix, tweak, mod and talk about them. If I take a reasonable hit when I sell one I'm fine with that.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yeah... if that thing is real... who knows what it means

Well it did say "LE" and that's being pretty damn specific when there was no need to be. Leaves the door WIDE open for a standard "VE" edition.

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You're dreaming to think you will ever find another NIB machine for 4k. I bet distributers like Pinballlife are just begging Stern to do a VE so they can sell the ones they still have from the last run.

Sure but even 5k would be a $1200 savings from what you linked to! That's nearly 25% and a lot of "mod" money.

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i hear the VE's no longer come with coin mechs.
that's looses about 75% of the potential buying market right there.
so... what's the point

You think operators still make up 75%? They might....but that sounds high to me for pinball.

#461 5 years ago

Now I want my wife's slow cooked ribs!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside