care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from GreenMeerkat:

I'm sure you would accept that the shipping of individual pins internationally is not terribly cost effective.

Given the current exchange rate, I think you can handle it...

9500 for a tronLE US = 6100 GBP. What would shipping be? another 500GBP?

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Given the current exchange rate, I think you can handle it...
9500 for a tronLE US = 6100 GBP. What would shipping be? another 500GBP?

Plus the 50Hz conversion process, which i don't fully understand, but I'm assuming it would add more cost.

The UK is really starved for Tron's, especially LE's. Shame too, because it's my ideal theme.

#403 9 years ago

Is it that hard to figure out? And why are there so many assholes commenting, just have a discussion and don't be a dick..... Name all the old Sterns that still sell for what they did new, or more.
LOTR
TRON
SIMPSONS
............what else?

#404 9 years ago

If it is anything like the conversion process back to US, then I understand it as pretty straight forward.

It is not very often that a US seller is willing to deal with shipping overseas (at least not without a significant hassle upcharge), so if you are interested then now is as good a time as any since I am a competent shipper and have done so before.

#405 9 years ago

I can't imagine it being £500. I tried to get a large book sent over from the US recently and shipping was going to be around $100. And you know, you'd have to be pretty confident of the seller and shipper to shell out over £6000 for a pin you've not seen, to be packed by someone else and carted across the ocean by some shipping firm who I'm sure would take good care of it. Sounds like a horror story waiting to happen. I'll just wait for the flying pig on a UK based Tron for sale or a VE.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Is it that hard to figure out? And why are there so many assholes commenting, just have a discussion and don't be a dick..... Name all the old Sterns that still sell for what they did new, or more.
LOTR
TRON
Simpsons
............what else?

Looking through eBay listings, most games are listed for more than what they were new.

#407 9 years ago

I am guessing with only 1 game owned you don't have much experience in shipping or recieving or with purchasing?

People have pins shipped all over the place on a regular basis and most of them manage to arrive just fine. Similarly, there are shipping companies that manage to move insane amounts of goods all over the world on a daily basis and make a business of getting product to its end destination in the same condition as it left.

Curious, how much does a TronLE sell for in London?

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Quit trolling the Tron VE threads and get a life...

Since Tron VE doesn't even exist, whose the one that needs to get a life?

#409 9 years ago

I have plenty of experience in purchasing items from around the world and have had my fair amount of problems over the years. But yes, I've not attempted that with a pinball machine but my other experiences have me rather cautious, which given the cost and complexity of the machine we are talking about would be a rather reasonable reaction I would think.

I've not seen a TronLE actually for sale in London yet. Not that many around these parts it would seem. Heighway's Alien will have the fibreoptic ramps so that may have to fill the Tron requirement.

#410 9 years ago

I've been on the lookout for a Tron LE for the past year....haven't seen any for sale in the UK at all!

Don't forget the 20% import tax and handling fees on top of the shipping.

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from GreenMeerkat:

I have plenty of experience in purchasing items from around the world and have had my fair amount of problems over the years. But yes, I've not attempted that with a pinball machine but my other experiences have me rather cautious, which given the cost and complexity of the machine we are talking about would be a rather reasonable reaction I would think.
I've not seen a TronLE actually for sale in London yet. Not that many around these parts it would seem. Heighway's Alien will have the fibreoptic ramps so that may have to fill the Tron requirement.

IME, that is what insurance is for... Insure for the full replacement value (including shipping costs) and nothing to worry about. If a forklift goes through the side (unlikely as for overseas shipping I would plywood box the pallet) then you get a damaged game and a big check fromt he shippers insurer IME.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I've been on the lookout for a TRON LE for the past year....haven't seen any for sale in the UK at all!
Don't forget the 20% import tax and handling fees on top of the shipping.

sounds like the options are NO local games or deal with the fears of shipping if you really want one?

I am guessing that very few people are wlling to ship for the same reasons noted?
GLIS

#413 9 years ago

Iron Man VE was very popular here due to rarity, Tron VE would also sell well for the same reason.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Iron Man VE was very popular here due to rarity, Tron VE would also sell well for the same reason.

The fact that a VE is rare might indicate it didn't sell well.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

...PLAYING THE DAMN GAME! THESE ARE USELESS WOODEN TOYS PEOPLE! DON'T OVER THINK IT!
And I guess to follow suit with all the previous posts we're supposed to post something about caring?
» YouTube video
I don't know how to forum. Am I doing it right?

"The Care" is strong with this one

care-vader-1.jpgcare-vader-1.jpg

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Man, you are in a bad mood lately. What gives?

No one cares. I surely don't.

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The fact that a VE is rare might indicate it didn't sell well.

I think he meant the original IM was rare, thus the VE was popular.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think he meant the original IM was rare, thus the VE was popular.

Yeah that's what I meant, from what I've heard more IMVE's have been sold than originals, although I can't verify that.

#419 9 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Yeah that's what I meant, from I've heard more IMVE's have been sold than originals, although I can't verify that.

Maybe in the UK, but not in total.

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

although I can't verify that.

So you just posted crap.

#421 9 years ago

Funny how much bitching people do to save a few bucks.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3055

#422 9 years ago

Cant wait for TWD VE, Im going to save all my money and buy one when available.

#423 9 years ago

i'm still waiting on Mr & Mrs Pacman pinball VE

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny how much bitching people do to save a few bucks.

Yah, but that's not 4k.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah, but that's not 4k.

Neither would a VE, even before shipping. Also - that's a "retail" price...I bet if someone wanted to buy that and contacted Terry, the price isn't firm.

#426 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah, but that's not 4k.

You're dreaming to think you will ever find another NIB machine for 4k. I bet distributers like Pinballlife are just begging Stern to do a VE so they can sell the ones they still have from the last run.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You're dreaming to think you will ever find another NIB machine for 4k. I bet distributers like Pinballlife are just begging Stern to do a VE so they can sell the ones they still have from the last run.

Sure but even 5k would be a $1200 savings from what you linked to! That's nearly 25% and a lot of "mod" money.

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Sure but even 5k would be a $1200 savings from what you linked to! That's nearly 25% and a lot of "mod" money.

Don't forget, the VE will be 100% LED.

#429 9 years ago

i hear the VE's no longer come with coin mechs.
that looses about 75% of the potential buying market (so about 4 dudes) right there.
so... what's the point

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i hear the VE's no longer come with coin mechs.
that's looses about 75% of the potential buying market right there.
so... what's the point

You think operators still make up 75%? They might....but that sounds high to me for pinball.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not really dreaming, (though I would have to admit it would be nice) I'm just being sarcastic. Which I need to seriously work on, because I obviously suck at it.

#432 9 years ago

I think everyone needs to join me in sitting in the corner...

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I think everyone needs to join me in sitting in the corner...

care-corner-1.jpgcare-corner-1.jpg

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Stern will remake ANY game that makes sense for them.
That said, they are smart enough to see that real demand is not there for them to even think about doing another run of tron at this time (and unlikely in the future as they made multiple runs already).
Unfortunately for all you that are too blind to see reality, TronVE is VERY far down the list of possible remakes and makes very little sense to do in the near future from a short or long view business perspective.
If they are smart business they will be sure to have LOTRve coming off the line and available at the same time as hobbit is coming out from JJP. That is just smart business to try and suck $$$ out of your main competitor.
Either way, Vault Editions are stupid and I hope they put more energy into NEW games. Pretty sad that line time (and collector dollars) in the past year will be used to remake 2 just OK games (IM and MM) when many real hobbyists want to see the ball rolling forward.
If you want a tron, just go buy one! They are plentiful and reasonably priced already.

Agreed that LOTR VE makes most sense as the next VE from Stern (assuming they can get the licensing, which is a big assumption). But what other games would you advise them to remake before Tron such that you list Tron "VERY far down the list of possible remakes"?

#435 9 years ago

love me some care bears.... and YES i do care about this thread and all of you pinsiders during the holiday season.

'tis the season for continuous pinball speculation!!!

peace and love peace and love.

ireallydontcare.jpgireallydontcare.jpg

Quoted from labnip:

care-corner-1.jpg 18 KB

#436 9 years ago

After several hours of closely monitoring my level of care about this subject, it has greatly decreased and may be best described as marginal. I will let you know if there are further developments.

#437 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

After several hours of closely monitoring my level of care about this subject, it has greatly decreased and may be best described as marginal. I will let you know if there are further developments.

Dude, no one cares. I did run out of this the other day , I know you care.

0007628644444_A.jpeg0007628644444_A.jpeg

#438 9 years ago

That stuff is awesome. Thinner than expected tho, and we had an incident last weekend where a guest dumped about 6oz on his sandwich!

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

and we had an incident last weekend where a guest dumped about 6oz on his sandwich!

Id never invite that person back if I were you. Don't waste the gates!

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed that LOTR VE makes most sense as the next VE from Stern (assuming they can get the licensing, which is a big assumption). But what other games would you advise them to remake before Tron such that you list Tron "VERY far down the list of possible remakes"?

Ones that sell on the secondary market for well over what they could sell a VE for, have high demand, and low supply; combined with low BOM, easy to remake, and a realistically good sales projection.

Stock TronVE does NOT fit the bill.

#441 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That stuff is awesome. Thinner than expected tho, and we had an incident last weekend where a guest dumped about 6oz on his sandwich!

Clearly, that person did not care !

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ones that sell on the secondary market for well over what they could sell a VE for, have high demand, and low supply; combined with low BOM, easy to remake, and a realistically good sales projection.

dude... you're wayyyy off topic

#444 9 years ago

i prefer care bear bbq, not that anyone cares...

care-bear-bbq-1.jpgcare-bear-bbq-1.jpg

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Id never invite that person back if I were you. Don't waste the gates!

That ranks right up there with setting drinks on the pinball glass. Your outta here!

#446 9 years ago

Hey, are you guys talking about TRON again?

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

But which games specifically fit the bill as you describe it and push Tron "way down the list"?

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i prefer care bear bbq, not that anyone cares...

I doubt the Honey Badger would be pleased that you called him a Care Bear. Or are you banking on the fact that he doesn't give a s#@t?

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That ranks right up there with setting drinks on the pinball glass. Your outta here!

you will love this then 2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg

#450 9 years ago

Mmmmm, sauce! My last cook with the Gates….

IMG_4590.JPGIMG_4590.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-will-it-happen/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.