care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So a TRON LE sells for *less* than what they've sold for previously and that's evidence that Stern is going to release a Vault Edition?!

$9,500 for a Tron LE shows demand for Tron.

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

$9,500 for a TRON LE shows demand for Tron.

Actually, that shows demand for TRONLE, not TRON.

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

$9,500 for a TRON LE shows demand for Tron.

It shows demand for a Tron LE. That demand has been there for years, and like I said, that price is less than what they've sold for in the past, so I'm still not sure how you come to the conclusion that this means that a Vault Edition is coming.

#354 9 years ago

a nicely modded tron le sold for 9500, with chrome door.

What's a stock one worth?

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

a nicely modded TRON LE sold for 9500, with chrome door.
What's a stock one worth?

The only stock ones I know of are the couple NIB that are floating around, seriously man an unmodded Tron?... Blasphemy!

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

not going to happen is what i hear, i guess stern is in pacification and fawning of the fragile tron owners business now.

It may also be more of a business decision than placating the fragile egos of some machine owners. Consider the following:

1. MMR started a full fledged mutiny in the pinball community. Some people lost thousands of dollars. Several machines dropped value accordingly, and lots of people swore off pinball. MMR was good for a few buyers who wanted in without paying $15,000, but it may have been bad for pinball. I am sure Stern is watching this very closely.

2. IMVE trashed prices for the Iron Man market. This likely hurt sales of the IMVE also as prices for IM fell. Stern cannot afford to alienate any segment of buyers...operators..home users...collectors.

3. I am speculating, but the IMVE didn't seem to terribly hard to get a hold of for such a limited run. For a very limited run, I would expect Stern to want to see a higher ROI than normal machines. They don't have the same R&D costs, but have to reorder all custom pieces and artwork with no economy of scale due to the low production numbers. They also have to set up the assembly line for a small number of machines. I am sure they make money, but I doubt it is a "home run".

4. Gary has never struck me as a guy who is only in it for the money. During the bad years all of the manufacturers shut down their business, but he kept going. I understand finances were bad, and he may have lost a lot of money doing so. That sounds like someone who loves the hobby. I am sure his people watch the market more closely than us. Remakes are not Win-Win, in the secondary market there are a lot of losers. Stern is likely considering whether this is a good short term/long term strategy for both Stern and the industry.

5. The only thing that strongly supports the idea of more VE machines is the idea of pent up demand. Given the number and frequency of Tron machines for sale online, a handful of pinside voices clamoring for the VE may not represent the large backlog of higher priced buyers Stern wants to see. If the voices clamoring for a Tron VE were serious about getting a Tron, why don't they have one already? The market is not interested in selling Tron for $4000, and I don't think Stern is either.

#357 9 years ago

It's going to be huge, you won't believe it!

Wieners.pngWieners.png

#358 9 years ago

FYI, I will buy every TRON ~VE~ and hide in my basement. Buy a fucking TRON now if you want it.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

FYI, I will buy every TRON ~VE~ and hide in my basement. Buy a fucking TRON now if you want it.

Why do you care?

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why do you care?

Why do you care that he cares?

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Why do you care that he cares?

Why do you care that he doesn't care what I care?

#362 9 years ago

That said……you morons speculating on VE editions and waiting on said version sound like complete dipshits. Truth.

#363 9 years ago

Ask me if I care.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ask me if I care.

Ask me to ask you if you care.
(i'm confused)

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ask me if I care.

Quoted from labnip:

Ask me to ask you if you care.
(i'm confused)

Do you care?

#366 9 years ago

I care that you are interested in the fact that I don't care.

#367 9 years ago

tron ve.jpegtron ve.jpeg
#368 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I care that you are interested in the fact that I don't care.

I care about your feelings. Perhaps we could agree on a mutually benefitting reach around?

#369 9 years ago

I'm trying to decide if I care enough to contribute to caring what other people care about... I'll go sit in the corner now.

#370 9 years ago

they care, but we don't

care-1.jpgcare-1.jpg

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I'm trying to decide if I care enough to contribute to caring what other people care about... I'll go sit in the corner now.

Oh no, you care. Never stop caring.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That said……you morons speculating on VE editions and waiting on said version sound like complete dipshits. Truth.

Life is just too F#cking short to be curled up in the fetal position crying for a VE edition!
Look in the mirror and ask yourself, do I want to be the guy 20 years from now who has to tell my grandchildren that I could of had a Tron pinball machine but decided to wait for a VE? Don't be that guy.. Those are not the kind regrets you want to have! Take it from me I sold Tron once
image-179.jpgimage-179.jpg

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Life is just too F#cking short to be curled up in the fetal position crying for a VE edition!
Look in the mirror and ask yourself, do I want to be the guy 20 years from now who has to tell my grandchildren that I could of had a Tron pinball machine but decided to wait for a VE? Don't be that guy.. Those are not the kind regrets you want to have! Take it from me I sold Tron once

You mean this guy? He doesn't care.

6flags.jpg6flags.jpg

#374 9 years ago

image-179.jpg 39 KB

I regret not caring for that short period of time before centerflank came to me.

#375 9 years ago

image-179.jpg 39 KB

"once"

#376 9 years ago

I regret not caring for that short period of time before centerflank came to me.

Dude, stop telling our secret coming stories because I care.

#377 9 years ago

victoria secret coming stories is worth a care dare i stare?

victoria-secret-coming-1.jpgvictoria-secret-coming-1.jpg

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

The more people talk up the VE speculation and affect the market price, the less likely Stern will be to make the VE in the first place. Stern is not looking to sell Tron VE at $4500..no way. If Tron Pro gets to $7000 I think they make the VE for sure.

That makes no sense. All Stern needs is enough buyers to do a run and sell them at current Pro prices. It's the same way they have always sold games.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Current Tron owners shaking in their boots and crying because a Tron VE makes the most sense out of any Stern game are a bunch of sad people. Quit trolling the Tron VE threads and get a life...better yet, go play your existing Tron. That said, I want one to be made. I won't buy it because I think the game is just ok, but it will make Stern a lot of money. Stern making money on VEs is good. I will buy a LOTRVE when it comes out eventually. And quit throwing around personal attacks, dipshit!

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Current Tron owners shaking in their boots and crying because a Tron VE makes the most sense out of any Stern game are a bunch of sad people. Quit trolling the Tron VE threads and get a life...better yet, go play your existing Tron. That said, I want one to be made. I won't buy it because I think the game is just ok, but it will make Stern a lot of money. Stern making money on VEs is good. I will buy a LOTRVE when it comes out eventually. And quit throwing around personal attacks, dipshit!

Good for you…..I could care less if they make more TRONS. Keep on rolling with your butthurt.
Edit----Because I care about your sensitive anus.

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Good for you…..I could care less if they make more TRONS. Keep on rolling with your butthurt.

Where should I roll to?

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Where should I roll to?

The butthurt store, I don't really know???

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The butthurt store, I don't really know???

The thing is...my butt isn't hurting. Never has, never will.

#384 9 years ago

pinside.... where men and men, and sheep back slowly away from the fence

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The thing is...my butt isn't hurting. Never has, never will.

Good! Good! No one wants a sensitive anus. But to be honest, I don't really care.

edit----but normally I would care.

#386 9 years ago

why don't you care?

#387 9 years ago

C = can't
A = always
R = recreate
E = everything

#388 9 years ago

So....ya, seems like I got alot of good comments and opinions on this subject!

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

C = can't
A = always
R = recreate
E = everything

P = pinball
I = ingenuity
N = needs
S = Stern's
I = internal
D = disc
E = encom

#390 9 years ago

Caring is for those that care.

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Man, you are in a bad mood lately. What gives?

#392 9 years ago

I don't understand what all the hubbub is about.

A NIB Tron is going to cost $4800 shipped, probably more if it happens in the future since Stern isn't lowering the prices of their machines. For example, Star Trek went up what, $600?

If Stern added the mods everyone is selling theirs with (arcade mod, light cycles, ELI kit, etc.) for $5k +/-$500 (which I don't see them doing), they're going to add another thousand.

If you want a Tron, buy a Tron, it won't be any cheaper if you wait for the VE. It doesn't effect me either way because I'm never selling my Tron, but take it from someone that bought a Tron NIB and regretted it. Buy one with the mods already installed. It's cheaper, it's easier on the eyes, and it saves you loads of time that would be better spent PLAYING THE DAMN GAME! THESE ARE USELESS WOODEN TOYS PEOPLE! DON'T OVER THINK IT!

And I guess to follow suit with all the previous posts we're supposed to post something about caring?

I don't know how to forum. Am I doing it right?

#393 9 years ago

I'm trying to prepare myself to take the plunge on a Tron Pro or LE. I still need to unload a few things in order to do so... Like my Disney Felix machine. I know, here we go again, right?

#394 9 years ago

My level of care about this subject is now excruciatingly high. Thank you CF, lapnip, and o-din for helping me to care again.

#395 9 years ago

Stern will remake ANY game that makes sense for them.

That said, they are smart enough to see that real demand is not there for them to even think about doing another run of tron at this time (and unlikely in the future as they made multiple runs already).

Unfortunately for all you that are too blind to see reality, TronVE is VERY far down the list of possible remakes and makes very little sense to do in the near future from a short or long view business perspective.

If they are smart business they will be sure to have LOTRve coming off the line and available at the same time as hobbit is coming out from JJP. That is just smart business to try and suck $$$ out of your main competitor.

Either way, Vault Editions are stupid and I hope they put more energy into NEW games. Pretty sad that line time (and collector dollars) in the past year will be used to remake 2 just OK games (IM and MM) when many real hobbyists want to see the ball rolling forward.

If you want a tron, just go buy one! They are plentiful and reasonably priced already.

#396 9 years ago

I'm trying to prepare myself to take the plunge on a Tron Pro or LE. I still need to unload a few things in order to do so... Like my Disney Felix machine. I know, here we go again, right?

I'll buy it. What do you say I give you half upfront, take it home, and you hold the docs until I have the $ for the other half? Sound good man?

#397 9 years ago

After 8 pages, this thread has earned the crying baby pic.

245793.jpg245793.jpg
#398 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you want a tron, just go buy one! They are plentiful and reasonably priced already.

Not in the UK they aren't.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from GreenMeerkat:

Not in the UK they aren't.

I can ship you a TronLE if you want. Of course you need to pay for and arrange shipping but I am, happy to assist on my end.

#400 9 years ago

I'm sure you would accept that the shipping of individual pins internationally is not terribly cost effective.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-will-it-happen/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.