care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

As a matter of fact, Gary is getting extremely, and I quote, 'annoyed at Pinside relentlessness on this title.'

Guess that settles it then. Tron VE is coming for sure!

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Lmao. Yeah, could be Gary's annoyance level dictates title remakes.

At least he's aware.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Guy says no Tron remakes are planned. As a matter of fact, Gary is getting extremely, and I quote, 'annoyed at Pinside relentlessness on this title.'

Really Rick? That's a joke if Gary is "annoyed".

F it, who cares, put something else out there then.

I hope they make another Tron because thankfully that's one I could care absolutely less about. Tried to watch that 1983 classic on Showtime while I was waking up this am. Wow, it blows.

The Dude ought to be ashamed of himself....

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

F it, who cares, put something else out there then.
I hope they make another Tron because thankfully that's one I could care absolutely less about. Tried to watch that 1983 classic on Showtime while I was waking up this am. Wow, it blows.

You mean when Gary sneezes an angel doesn't get its wings?? Wow. Mind blown.

But yeah. Guy said Gary was ranting about pinsiders being stubborn. He himself was laughing at him.

#305 9 years ago

I am a business owner, and I don't think I would be annoyed if people really liked my product and was asking for more of it? I would be more flattered/grateful than annoyed.

#306 9 years ago

Well, at least he is somewhat acknowledging the demand for this title.

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am a business owner, and I don't think I would be annoyed if people really liked my product and was asking for more of it? I would be more flattered than annoyed.

You have to know Gary. He gets his mind made up on something and if it's against popularity, he gets upset. @ himself? @ us? Who knows.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

But yeah. Guy said Gary was ranting about pinsiders being stubborn. He himself was laughing at him.

Maybe Gary should think about all the mods he could sell in the "Stern store".

Jimmeny Xmas, think about how much $$$ they could make on the mods alone!

I really hope they make it and take more $$$ out of the potential buyer's pool. I don't care about Tron.

"Gary" wouldn't have ever done the gore on TWD either.......

#309 9 years ago

So Gary is like, "oh what the hell if they want it that bad fine!"?

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe Gary should think about all the mods he could sell in the "Stern store".
Jimmeny Xmas, think about how much $$$ they could make on the mods alone!

Maybe they can make the fish tank thing with Flynn/Quorra/Gem heads in it!

Post edited by Erik: I see lapnip has a thumbs down stalker!

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Guy said Gary was ranting about pinsiders being stubborn.

Guy Guy Guy...Who the F*CK is GUY!?!?!? ....and why does he not care that his conversations about private business get posted here? And why are you his ambassador? No one at Stern ever wants private info posted unless it's from their own mouth.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Maybe they can make the fish tank thing with Flynn/Quorra/Gem heads in it!
Post edited by Erik: I see lapnip has a thumbs down stalker!

That.....is what I'm saying Erik! They could def bump it up to $500 for that trio right?

It is Tron after all?

And the "lighted ramp mod", I'm thinking at least another 1k?

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Guy Guy Guy...Who the F*CK is GUY!?!?!? ....and why does he not care that his conversations about private business get posted here? And why are you his ambassador? No one at Stern ever wants private info posted unless it's from their own mouth.

Why are you the ambassador for Stern? How about its none of your business..

#314 9 years ago

I knew a lot of you would hide behind a thumbs down, but not have the guts to reply to my post with a counter argument. Sometimes folks ask questions on here, but it doesn't mean one has to answer. Obviously he has a friend or someone at Stern and he passes along some information. If he wanted to give the persons name/address/social security he would but its none of our business.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Obviously he has a friend or someone at Stern and he passes along some information. If he wanted to give the persons name/address/social security he would but its none of our business.

WTF is this a Faberge commercial

#316 9 years ago

TRON threads usually end up like this, I sometime wonder if a TRON VE will help or hurt...

I for one, don't want another Pro run, I would like a VE run - I really like the TRON LE, but I don't think I will spend over 8K for a pinball machine. And just because I won't doesn't mean it is not worth it. I would like a new BMW M4 - but out of my range - but damn good car!

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Guy says no Tron remakes are planned. As a matter of fact, Gary is getting extremely, and I quote, 'annoyed at Pinside relentlessness on this title.'

Good! Hopefully he'll channel that annoyance into a top-notch LOTR VE.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I knew a lot of you would hide behind a thumbs down, but not have the guts to reply to my post with a counter argument. Sometimes folks ask questions on here, but it doesn't mean one has to answer. Obviously he has a friend or someone at Stern and he passes along some information. If he wanted to give the persons name/address/social security he would but its none of our business.

It's Kaneda junior, not that its a compliment.........

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ok, you're wrong about a few things. Let me clarify for the ego impaired.

I'm no ones ambassador. I just choose to share what a 'guy' I know @ Stern shares with me.

And anyone ranting in an office with the door open with other folks in close proximity can negate any notions of privacy.

If the info I've shared gets ya all riled up Greg just go rub an Emmy or something.

Sheesh.

And no way, no how am I telling ANYONE who I'm pals with @ Stern. Someone could get a hard time or worse over that. It's like posting someone's address on the net.

And worst of all, what if Gary wanted some info leaked out?

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Where did you see this?

At Gary's presentation at Free Play Florida 2 weeks ago he said they plan to make at least 1-2 VE titles in the future... no dates or names, just that they have plans for doing more titles. It sounded like they already have most of 2015 planned with other efforts (MMr, Woah Nellie, new titles) before they get back to a VE.

Quoted from iceman44:

Tried to watch that 1983 classic on Showtime while I was waking up this am. Wow, it blows.

Ha, I agree. It didn't impress me back in the 80's, so I had to watch it again just last year to see what all the fuss was about and my opinion didn't change. The new one is better, but the plot is still a bit on the shallow side.

Jeff Bridges is still the A-lister of pinball though ... IM, Tron, TBL.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

At Gary's presentation at Free Play Florida 2 weeks ago he said they plan to make at least 1-2 VE titles in the future... no dates or names, just that they have plans for doing more titles. It sounded like they already have most of 2015 planned with other efforts (MMr, Woah Nellie, new titles) before they get back to a VE.

Ha, I agree. It didn't impress me back in the 80's, so I had to watch it again just last year to see what all the fuss was about and my opinion didn't change. The new one is better, but the plot is still a bit on the shallow side.
Jeff Bridges is still the A-lister of pinball though ... IM, Tron, TBL.

I love the Dude, he's the best, but WOW, that Tron performance by Flynn is terrible, I'll take the Dude in everything else

Hasn't had a hit since the "Iceman Cometh"......

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Wow, if that's the case then LOTR has to be in the mix....I mean AC/DC has had enough runs, so did MET and IM, ST is too new and I doubt there is demand for it, I can't think of any other pin besides LOTR and Tron that would be worth their time.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love the Dude, ...I'll take the Dude in everything else ...

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've got the cash, space available, and green light from my wife.

Cash, and space available, great.

You should have stopped right there.

#325 9 years ago

A good amount of TRONs popping up for sale and everyone wants to wait for a Vault that could be a long way away IF it even happens

Sounds like people just talking smack….

#326 9 years ago

buncha clowns

sugar-smack-1.jpgsugar-smack-1.jpg

#327 9 years ago

Smack.gifSmack.gif

#328 9 years ago

Tron yes please!

#329 9 years ago

Yes. Yes it will. Can't wait!

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

With optional upgrades for sure. At a reasonable additional price.
pegs.jpgpegs.jpg

#331 9 years ago

Next : It will be LOTR VE

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

With optional upgrades for sure. At a reasonable additional price.

Pegs add zero value to a game as they don't even allow clearance for flipper maintenance, I installed service rails in my IM as soon as I could. Does Stern still ship Pro models with pegs?

#333 9 years ago

Pegs = yes

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Pegs add zero value to a game as they don't even allow clearance for flipper maintenance, I installed service rails in my IM as soon as I could. Does Stern still ship Pro models with pegs?

Yeah. Gary makin' things cheap.

Pro=BOM too high.
LE=BOM just a little too high.

Gary=BOM dictates design.

David=build it then trim BOM.

George=try to get BOM at a compromise.

Steve=f*** your BOM. Just do what I design!

Lyman=No time for BOM, gotta put in my 23 hour days.

Lonnie= Not in right now. On vacation again.

Jodie= Get off my Facebook page!

#335 9 years ago

Lol..you know your stuff.

#336 9 years ago

How about building it the way Steve wants (which equals the way we want it), with his BOM, and then putting your profit margin on top of that.

The price is what it is at that point. Buy it or don't. Give us greatness and BOM!

Hmmm, that actually sounds like DP and a few others.

#337 9 years ago

Late to the party, but keeping this bumped to the top. Oh yah, it's going to happen. I heard a rumor of a rumor that it's next.
I'm buying one and it will be under 5k with leds, lighted ramps and Daft Punk MB. You hear that Gary Stern?

#338 9 years ago

I feel better now.

#339 9 years ago

Stern will do anything that makes a profit. Not slamming them for that - thats why they survived when others did not. So all people need to do is figure out the cost of re-tooling the assembly line for Tron VE against the cost and number of units they'd need to sell to make a profit. Would it be more profitable to dedicate that assembly line to a limited run or to a new pin.

my opinion - they'll do it if they can fit a limited run in between runs of other new games. Don't know how likely that is if they're assembling other games on top of their own though.

#340 9 years ago

Aww come on guys. I was joking.

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Stern will do anything that makes a profit. Not slamming them for that - thats why they survived when others did not. So all people need to do is figure out the cost of re-tooling the assembly line for Tron VE against the cost and number of units they'd need to sell to make a profit. Would it be more profitable to dedicate that assembly line to a limited run or to a new pin.
my opinion - they'll do it if they can fit a limited run in between runs of other new games. Don't know how likely that is if they're assembling other games on top of their own though.

they're afraid of competing with the Tron Prequel pin.

#342 9 years ago

A Tron LE just sold for $9,500...Tron VE (not LE) is on the way.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

A TRON LE just sold for $9,500...Tron VE (not LE) is on the way.

Good grief!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#344 9 years ago

The more people talk up the VE speculation and affect the market price, the less likely Stern will be to make the VE in the first place. Stern is not looking to sell Tron VE at $4500..no way. If Tron Pro gets to $7000 I think they make the VE for sure. But with a pinball market already soft, a glut of new Tron VE's could drop Tron prices to $4500, then what is the point? Stern is not looking to sell discount machines, they would want a premium price.

Best case for a Tron VE is rising prices for both Tron Pro and LE. I would love for more people to be able to get a Tron, I love mine. But some of the people who seem to enjoy watching Tron prices fall don;t seem to realize they are hurting the case for a tron VE at all.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

Stern is not looking to sell Tron VE at $4500..no way

Stern will be looking to sell a ton of new mods for TRON VE in the Stern store.

A 5k stock Tron Ve can turn into 7k in a hurry with all the mods they will sell.

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

But with a pinball market already soft, a glut of new Tron VE's could drop Tron prices to $4500, then what is the point? Stern is not looking to sell discount machines, they would want a premium price.

IMVE dropped IM prices to ~$4k...pre-VE it was ~$5.5k. The point is Stern saw some profit there and milked all the profit they could off it. Like IM, Tron is a stripped cost cut game that would allow them to have similar profits. It makes the most sense of any Stern game for a VE...even more than LOTR (sadly).

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

A TRON LE just sold for $9,500...Tron VE (not LE) is on the way.

So a Tron LE sells for *less* than what they've sold for previously and that's evidence that Stern is going to release a Vault Edition?!

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So a TRON LE sells for *less* than what they've sold for previously and that's evidence that Stern is going to release a Vault Edition?!

It sure sold in less time than they have before.

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It sure sold in less time than they have before.

Indeed. Someone got a sweet pin at a good price!

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern will be looking to sell a ton of new mods for TRON VE in the Stern store.
A 5k stock Tron Ve can turn into 7k in a hurry with all the mods they will sell.

not going to happen is what i hear, i guess stern is in pacification and fawning of the fragile tron owners business now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Trade
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-will-it-happen/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.