Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tron.PNG
th-503.jpeg
yhst-32784555675698_2268_94791.gif
IMG_4590.JPG
2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg
care-bear-bbq-1.jpg
0007628644444_A.jpeg
ireallydontcare.jpg
care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 5 years ago

A little OT but a friend of mine has an NIB POTC. He's just been too busy to open it. Yo ho yo ho...

#252 5 years ago

with all the people that vote for LOTR as best pin here, you'd think LOTR VE would be the way to go.
honestly, tron doesn't win the best pin votes on Pinside, repeatedly.
so, the volume just doesn't seem to be there for more tron. i think it's just a loud few.
stern can't make much on just a few people. the volume is around LOTR and others.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-vs-tron/page/2

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-of-16-poll-lotr-v-tron

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

with all the people that vote for LOTR as best pin here, you'd think LOTR VE would be the way to go.
honestly, tron doesn't win the best pin votes on Pinside, repeatedly.
so, the volume just doesn't seem to be there for more tron. i think it's just a loud few.
stern can't make much on just a few people. the volume is around LOTR and others.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lotr-vs-tron/page/2

But you are leaving the supply part out.

Even if LOTR is the best pin ever made, if there were 2 million of them already out there then Tron might make a hell of a lot more sense.

#254 5 years ago

doesn't LOTR sell at high prices?

(i dunno, haven't owned it)

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

doesn't LOTR sell at high prices?
(i dunno, haven't owned it)

Mid to high $4k range. Some have fetched more.

Even at $5k, that's not a price that begs for a VE edition. But I wouldn't mind one!

#256 5 years ago

wow... just saw this scroll by on the first page
LOTR for $6,800

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-lotr-le-huo-mint-pix

#257 5 years ago

Tron is a highly modded pin right?

Stern is going to sell a Tron VE, regular stock, and then offer every high priced mod they can think of in the "store".

Just like they are doing with TWD.

How about a nice interactive $400 Tron topper from Stern, alternate armor, side art, lighted ramp kit, etc.?

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

LOTR for $6,800

It seems Stretch always buys his pins in great shape and never plays them! He's sold some really nice pins and seems like a great guy.

Since this isn't his FS thread, I'm going to opine that it wouldn't sell at $6k, if it does, I'll be putting my similar condition Lotr LE up for sale

#259 5 years ago

I'm probably not adding much value here, but who is, really?.. but, any pinball machine, with lots of interest, when produced by a solid company, and delivered swiftly into the hands of eager buyers, is just a good story all round. The only thing that really counts in getting pinball back on the map is MORE PEOPLE. Not the value of anything, not the few individuals who obsess over value. If production continues to hum along, and MORE PEOPLE engage with it and any reason at all pops up to keep the factories spinning then IT IS GOOD.

I own both Tron Pro and LE, and like MOST owners, could not give two shits about its current value.

And for some more hard numbers..there are 59 pinsiders contributing to this thread. 59. Picture 59 people standing around in a large warehouse and you start to see how significant this whole subject really is.

#260 5 years ago

I think it is funny how some are saying there is no way, and others that say how can they not?

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think it is funny how some are saying there is no way, and others that say how can they not?

i'm saying if they are going to do it, do it now! And get it over with...

#262 5 years ago

I still can't figure out why people are against the idea of a Tron VE.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Some people would rather see a little more time and effort invested in something new. Every dollar that a remake or VE takes is one less dollar spent on pinball moving forward. Shit! I'm starting to sound like teekee.

#264 5 years ago

yuuuup.jpeg

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some people would rather see a little more time and effort invested in something new. Every dollar that a remake or VE takes is one less dollar spent on pinball moving forward. Shit! I'm starting to sound like teekee.

I think here's the question to ask: did Iron Man VE have any affect on the product release cycle?

I don't know if it did or didn't, but the one thing I do know, is that our selection of new pins has never been better.

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think here's the question to ask: did Iron Man VE have any affect on the product release cycle?

Probably not. But the more old games that are getting new runs means the less new games that will be sold. If this keeps up there won't be a market for new games. Fine with me. I like the old games.

#267 5 years ago

yuuuup.jpeg

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Yes you can.

#269 5 years ago

327722.jpeg

#270 5 years ago

hehehehe

#271 5 years ago

Could be wrong, but I think Stern just got a bigger place to make a crap ton of TRON VE's...

#272 5 years ago

There is one angle, and don't beat me up too hard here, I think it has some merit. The pinball product may be getting close to mature. Like the pop song, it's perhaps all been done? Maybe old classics get rerun just like Mozart concertos get played over and over by new orchestras. Maybe in the future remakes make up a bigger proportion of new machines simply because they are really good and all the old ones are worn out. All products do mature eventually.

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I don't know if it did or didn't, but the one thing I do know, is that our selection of new pins has never been better.

Releasing a VE a year allows Stern to keep up (sorta) with coding games. Who isn't for that?

#274 5 years ago

To me VE's just seem like a no-brainer Win, Win, Win.

People get a pin they want.

Stern makes easy money.

It keeps the secondary market prices in check.

I'm not buying pins to make money on them. I'm buying to play, share, fix, tweak, mod and talk about them. If I take a reasonable hit when I sell one I'm fine with that.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

No one is against the idea of it. We're against the rampant speculation that's practically turned into a religion. It's extremely unlikely Tron VE will happen. Even John Borg said its not happening. So - if you want a Tron to play, stop whining about it and "praying" for a VE ...just go buy a Tron. They're out there and they exist.

#276 5 years ago

borg-no-tron-ve-1.png

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one is against the idea of it. We're against the rampant speculation that's practically turned into a religion. It's extremely unlikely Tron VE will happen. Even John Borg said its not happening. So - if you want a Tron to play, stop whining about it and "praying" for a VE ...just go buy a Tron. They're out there and they exist.

Borg said no VE of the LE.

That's a lot different than no VE's at all.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

borg-no-tron-ve-1.png 24 KB

Yeah, that is a biggie. But he is said Vault LE ... I think that the fact that he typed LE makes me think there is some wiggle room. That tells me, if authentic, that there will likely not be a TRON Premium but doesn't rule out a TRON VE...

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Of course they're not going to run the LE again. No news there.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We're against the rampant speculation that's practically turned into a religion.

Then why are you promoting it? You've posted 20 times in this thread regarding the subject.

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Of course they're not going to run the LE again. No news there.

^^ troll ^^

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Then why are you promoting it? You've posted 20 times in this thread regarding the subject.

I'm not promoting it lol. Do you know what "promoting" means ?

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm with you there, I'd rather see Stern focus on new titles too, but lets look at where they really are:

Stern did release only 2 new titles in 2014, but they did an IM VE, which excited the community quite a lot.

Stern has 3+ full time designers plus 4-5 software guys, which is more than they had when putting out 3 titles/year... Are they giving their designers and engineers get more time to perfect games, or do we see 3 new titles in 2015? Both options are positive IMO.

Stern moved into contract manufacturing with MMr and Woah Nellie in 2015, a good move for everyone.

Stern has already announced they are producing at least 1-2 more VE titles in the future... that is simply not debatable. The only question is what will they be (and whether it will be 2015 or 2016). Tron and LOTR are Pinside front-runners anyway, and 3rd place is relatively distant.

In other words, I see *at least* 4 titles from Stern next year, 3 of which have never been run, and the 4th hasn't been run for 15 years... it's good times for the pinball community for sure.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

In other words, I see *at least* 4 titles from Stern next year, 3 of which have never been run, and the 4th hasn't been run for 15 years... it's good times for the pinball community for sure.

I see this too. But unless the buying community has endless amounts of space and money, only so many machines can be purchased. I see the pinball buying community expanding, but not by leaps and bounds. It could come a time when there are so many choices of new machines that there aren't enough buyers for any single one in a decent quantity. That could cause those that make them to go out of business. Then we are back to the late 90s all over again.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not promoting it lol. Do you know what "promoting" means ?

Yeah. "Promoting" is not the correct term. You certainly seem to me very actively against the idea of a VE run of this title, though. I can see that you already own a Tron, so I can understand why....

I'm currently in the market for a couple titles. Tron and White Water are at the top of my list. I'm just waiting for one to be made available for a reasonable price. Being in the middle of no where, shipping is usually required and pushes the current prices out do my range. If a $4800 NIB Tron (shipped) presented itself, I'd certainly jump on it. I've got the cash, space available, and green light from my wife. Just watching the market for now.

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm just waiting for one to be made available for a reasonable price

AND..hoping noone else will want it at the same time. Everyone hoping for something at a "reasonable" price (which, btw, they always arbitrarily set as some value below the current market price), seems to conveniently forget that a whole bunch of other people would also be a buyer at their fantasy price. It's a two-condition requirement..the low price, and either the speed to get to it first, or a way of keeping it secret (from both other buyers AND the seller, whom you would clearly be exploiting). Most people who behave like this actually have no intention of buying and are commonly termed "tyre kickers".

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Stern has already announced they are producing at least 1-2 more VE titles in the future... that is simply not debatable.

Where did you see this?

#288 5 years ago

Have you noticed the number of Tron LE's coming to market lately? Really nice machines and they've broken the 10K barrier. Last one I saw was 9400-ish? Makes you wonder if the flashy ramps have lost their luster and people are raising cash for new machines or if people are anticipating a Tron VE with flashy ramps. Reminds me of how MM's came to market before the MMR announcement.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

LOTR for $6,800

That's an LE...the price is right on

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

The way that was worded seems to bolster the case for or possibility of a Tron VE.

You would have to be nuts to think another run isn't possible at some point in the future. Whether it's next year or 5 years from now is another matter.

But it is definitely on that very short list of possible VEs.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

The way that was worded seems to bolster the case for or possibility of a Tron VE.

I am hoping for a 2016 TRON VE - I need some time to recover from the hobbit purchase. I plan on getting it on the day it is announced/available

That is a bit selfish though to hope for a later release, when some want it now.

Post edited by Goronic: Changed many to some due to getting flack about being in a very small group of people who want a TRON VE.

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Have you noticed the number of TRON LE's coming to market lately? Really nice machines and they've broken the 10K barrier. Last one I saw was 9400-ish? Makes you wonder if the flashy ramps have lost their luster and people are raising cash for new machines or if people are anticipating a Tron VE with flashy ramps. Reminds me of how MM's came to market before the MMR announcement.

Um flashy ramps have been available for the Pro for a long time, just takes $400 and a little time. I do wonder though, with Stern NIB LE's pushing 8k and JJP wanting 9k for Hobbit at some point people won't be selling a pin or 2 to afford the latest and greatest NIB... they will be mortgaging their home.

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am hoping for a 2016 TRON VE
That is a bit selfish though to hope for a later release, when many want it now.

Don't worry it's like hoping for your team to win, it doesn't really affect whether your team wins.

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

You would have to be nuts to think another run isn't possible at some point in the future. Whether it's next year or 5 years from now is another matter.
But it is definitely on that very short list of possible VEs.

yeah... if that thing is real... who knows what it means

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Well you posted it. Was it real? What was the source?

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Don't worry it's like hoping for your team to win, it doesn't really affect whether your team wins.

Good point - my wife and I budget everything and we agreed on 10K (and no more) on Pinball stuff per year. If TRON 'something' comes out next year I would be over budget. Could I get it - sure, but I don't like to go over budget. I would just wait until Jan 1 2016

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Well you posted it. Was it real? What was the source?

someone on pinside a while ago. found on another thread.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Well it did say "LE" and that's being pretty damn specific when there was no need to be. Leaves the door WIDE open for a standard "VE" edition.

#299 5 years ago

Someday no one will care. Can't wait!

#300 5 years ago

Guy says no Tron remakes are planned. As a matter of fact, Gary is getting extremely, and I quote, 'annoyed at Pinside relentlessness on this title.'

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brooklyn , NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside