Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tron.PNG
th-503.jpeg
yhst-32784555675698_2268_94791.gif
IMG_4590.JPG
2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg
care-bear-bbq-1.jpg
0007628644444_A.jpeg
ireallydontcare.jpg
care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Really no harm in waiting to see what happens. It's not like the price will skyrocket anytime soon. I've waited years to get a pin I wanted at the price I wanted.

I guess. It's more fun to just play Tron now.

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not only that...but most of the posters in here seem to own a TRON LE or Tron pro already. Why are you interested in the VE???

No where NEAR the amount of LE or PRO posters on this, or any of these kind of threads. Mostly made up of non owning TRON people, period, wanting something for nothing. My LE will always be an LE, I'm not selling (actually playing and enjoying) it. And I suspect the guys that have Pros play, mod, and enjoy them too. This is not going to change my (or their) love of the pin, regardless of what is made or not. Maybe, "mob" mentality can shame Stern into making a VE, with all the features of an LE for $3k......whatever....

I do get sucked into reading these threads, because I just like TRON, as a game...period. But believe you are right...this is my last (I hope) read or post on any of these type threads again (seems like I tried before, but will stick w/ Flank's thread from here on out...)..peace.......

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

VE with lighted ramps and daft punk mb - I'd be in. Though, dp mb would have to get implemented to existing pros and the LE owners may go apeshit

It's not like any of those features would be removed from the LEs. But if they add those to a VE, expect to pay way mo money.

#204 5 years ago

I (and many others) can get the TRON PRO now, but are waiting on the VE because we would like the new cab style.

May never happen, but there sure seems to be a demand for it...

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Interest is one thing, but buyers are another. A VE Tron would probably end up costing north of 5k in a configuration like the original Pro. Any extra parts added would increase that amount. How many of those that are pumping for this to happen have $5500 ready to plunk down on this? I figure if they did they would already have one.

What data do you have that a new run of Tron would be priced this high? There is near zero design cost and they probably already have all the tooling. It's basically a cash machine to Stern.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No where NEAR the amount of LE or PRO posters on this, or any of these kind of threads. Mostly made up of non owning TRON people, period, wanting something for nothing.

It's not wanting something for nothing. It's the desire to not pay a 20% premium on a used machine. We are just expressing that there is a demand for the game, just not at 5500 +.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it's your favorite Stern, you should get one. You know, the ones that exist....not the ones that never will.

If someone wants to sell me a bone stock dry one, that's nice shape for $4800 to my door I will

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

May never happen, but there sure seems to be a demand for it...

...from the same 5 people over and over again.

#209 5 years ago

I think now that Stern is into selling mods, it probably increases the chance they will release a Tron VE. And some cool mods for it.

They must hate that the secondary market has made so much $moola$ off their Tron! Time for them to get some of that action.

#210 5 years ago

Man, Stern could probably make a lot more money on Tron if they threw a few in house mods on the old pro model and sell it for the current Stern "LE price" of 7500 and tag it as a "Vault"?

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not only that...but most of the posters in here seem to own a TRON LE or Tron pro already. Why are you interested in the VE???

Are you seriously pulling out the "if you wont own it why do you care" argument?

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

These types of posts only seem to come from people who already own a Tron....hmmm.

And these types of posts ^ seem to only come from those who don't own Tron.... Hmmm

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You may be right on that, and if so I agree - no VE.

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think they are arguing with the same 3 people who hate the VE idea...

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I think they are arguing with the same 3 people who hate the VE idea...

You may be right on that, ...

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

And these types of posts ^ seem to only come from those who don't own Tron.... Hmmm

Well that is exactly right. They didn't make enough Tron's......period.

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well that is exactly right. They didn't make enough Tron's......period.

....and then they made more.

...and then more.

...and then more.

They've already done multiple runs to satisfy demand.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Man, Stern could probably make a lot more money on Tron if they threw a few in house mods on the old pro model and sell it for the current Stern "LE price" of 7500 and tag it as a "Vault"?

Umm....no. We want a Tron Pro (maybe with couple added bells and whistles) for same cost that IMVE came out at.

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and then more.
...and then more.

How many total made?

I'm thinking not that many.

#220 5 years ago

Stern knows they didn't make enough LE's (that ship has sailed), and feel that they made enough Pros - maybe they did in fact. But the VE would be awesome. However, there are a lot of other Sterns that people like that would probably want the 'VE' treatment - like LOTR, Spider-Man, etc.

This TRON LE/VE/Premium thing has been beat to death, I have only been on PinSide a few months and I am surprised how much attention this topic gets. I am sure Stern is seeing this, I just wonder if they just laugh and think 'no way, we are done with TRON', or 'just wait, it's on the way...."

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and then more.

...and then more.

apparently not, there seems to be yet more demand out there...it's the gift that keeps on giving for stern

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

apparently not, there seems to be yet more demand out there

I have gotten several (more than just a 5 people) PM's asking me to let them know if I hear about a TRON VE release - I guess because I am watching so close for it. Is there another Stern pin that has had so much press on Pinside regarding desire for another production run or VE. I am sure that there have been, but more than TRON?

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

How many total made?
I'm thinking not that many.

A billion.

Quoted from vex:

apparently not, there seems to be yet more demand out there...it's the gift that keeps on giving for stern

A few dudes on Pinside does not = "demand". Can they sell 500 more? Previous multiple re-runs has satiated demand, IMO. Just buy a HUO one like the good old days.

In any case, license has expired & not still relevant like Iron Man. Ain't happenin'.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have gotten several (more than just a 5 people) PM's asking me to let them know if I hear about a TRON VE release - I guess because I am watching so close for it. Is there another Stern pin that has had so much press on Pinside regarding desire for another production run or VE. I am sure that there have been, but more than TRON?

Maybe another LOTR run. I think they should still be making IM's but obviously Stern has a better handle on how many their distributors are sitting on.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and then more.
...and then more.

So why wouldn't they do yet another run if used games are still selling for = or > current Pro pricing? Assuming licensing is not an issue (always an assumption), would seem like a no-brainer to make some easy money during slack times by running off a few hundred more with slight tweaks and upgrades as with IMVE.

#226 5 years ago

There's a heavily modded HUO Pro for sale near me right now for $5K which I think is a great price. Has all the mods I care about and then some. I just can't do it right now or the foreseeable future. Would love to buy it and almost would anyway, but priorities always seem to get in the way.....

#227 5 years ago

this is true for tron, lotr, and simpsons... correct??

Quoted from Rarehero:

...and then more.
...and then more.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ain't happenin'.

when there's easy money to be made by stern, ain't happenin' be a happenin'

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So why wouldn't they do yet another run if used games are still selling for = or > current Pro pricing? Assuming licensing is not an issue (always an assumption), would seem like a no-brainer to make some easy money during slack times by running off a few hundred more with slight tweaks and upgrades as with IMVE.

Why don't they just re-run every game?

Licensing IS an issue and/or too expensive for a small run.

Demand isn't as big as those crying for it think it is.

If used pricing is a factor - IM was selling for $6-7k. Stock Trons aren't even close to that kind of used price insanity.

Quoted from vex:

Oh, Pinside armchair businessmen. "Easy money" isn't always as easy as you think.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Hell I wanna know why Stern doesn't make more AC/DC Luci I have talked to several distros and all said they have demand for more Luci and can't get anymore... Talk about easy money for Stern

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh, Pinside armchair businessmen. "Easy money" isn't always as easy as you think.

Things are not nearly as obvious as so many Pinsiders believe them to be.

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

What data do you have that a new run of Tron would be priced this high? There is near zero design cost and they probably already have all the tooling. It's basically a cash machine to Stern.

I have no data except that prices of NIB pins have been on the rise in general. I would be surprised if any new machines will be under 5k in the near future.

As the owner of an LE, sure I'd like to get back what I paid for it if I decide to sell it, but if that doesn't happen I'll be sure to get my moneys worth by playing it.

If they are going to do a VE, I hope they do it sooner than later. If they don't then this kind of speculation can go on forever. A TronVE pro with the new cabinet design would only make the desire for the LEs stronger. IMO.

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

... I have only been on PinSide a few months and I am surprised how much attention this topic gets...

that's cause Tron frickin' rocks !!
...and with each passing day... it just gets better and better...

#234 5 years ago

ps. how about a Tron Prequel pinball machine (vote now here to make it happen)-->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-prequel-pinball

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why don't they just re-run every game?

Because the vast majority of games have used examples selling significantly below current Pro pricing. For those few that don't, the market is signaling that there's sufficient demand to keep the price elevated, and Stern could potentially capture some of that with a re-run.

Quoted from Rarehero:

This could totally be true, I have no idea what the Tron (or LOTR) license looks like, how reasonable the licensor is, what size run Stern would need to justify the license renewal costs, etc. But I haven't seen that anyone else has inside info on this either, so we're all just speculating.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Demand isn't as big as those crying for it think it is. If used pricing is a factor - IM was selling for $6-7k. Stock Trons aren't even close to that kind of used price insanity.

HUO prices on Tron are of course less than IM was at its peak. But they seem to be at least marginally higher than current Pro prices, which I take to mean there's significant demand for this pin at existing supply levels compared to most other pinball machines.

Look, none of this means that Stern would be crazy not to remake Tron. But I haven't seen anything that makes me think it would be a terrible business decision (or impossible due to licensing issues) to do another run.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

HUO prices on Tron are of course less than IM was at its peak. But they seem to be at least marginally higher than current Pro prices, which I take to mean there's significant demand for this pin at existing supply levels compared to most other pinball machines.

Most Trons have $1000+ in mods....that's why they're higher than Pro prices.

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

yuuuup. for example...

just received my new Tron LE backbox custom lighting kit that reacts to gameplay for the 2 hot chix translite... today.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and then more.
...and then more.

The number they made doesn't matter if demand is still there. Stern has re-run Tron every year since it was made, but the couple hundred they did in 2013 was not exactly a huge run, so if used Tron Pro prices remain more than NIB, it usually indicates demand > supply, which indicates opportunity. It's not really an arguable point.

#239 5 years ago

It would probably take Stern a little more work to convert a machine to the new cabinet and any upgraded platform. They would probably want to sell at least 500 like IM to make it worth their while. Not a couple hundred like the last run.

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are you seriously pulling out the "if you wont own it why do you care" argument?

Yes. It's pinball, not an investment.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

^^^^^^^Again this is why they're higher than NIB.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

What percentage of Tron Pros are selling for less than $4200?

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

What percentage of Tron Pros are selling for less than $4200?

POTC is selling for more than $4200...that doesn't mean there's enough demand for Stern to re-run it.

#244 5 years ago

It makes me laugh when people think they can get anywhere close to the price they paid for mods when they sell a machine. They choose the mods which do not have any improvement to gameplay only something to look at. As a buyer I would not pay over 50% of the price of the mods but would rather buy a stock game at a stock price (Tron).

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This is also why Stern will run a Tron VE. The margin on the mods they can sell with it (and for all the existing machines) will help them make the decision.

Stern getting into the mod business is a smart move.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tron isn't exactly a blockbuster title. I think Disney would license it for cheap.

#247 5 years ago

who is this fletcherOH douche that shows up randomly during the year?
anyone know this dork? looks like zero (0) posts ever, but only logs in to do thumbs-down.

real valuable contributing community member (aka: fake account douche).

maybe a Mod could do an IP check for us and get rid of this duplicate account that only adds negativity to the Pinside Community.

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 6.54.00 PM.png

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes. It's pinball, not an investment.

I must have missed the posts by those who said it was.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Tron isn't exactly a blockbuster title. I think Disney would license it for cheap.

Blockbuster status has nothing to do with licensing or licensing costs. Having the name "Disney" on something is what has value. Also, it's lack of blockbuster status is another reason Disney might not care about re-licensing. Tron is so far off their radar at this point.

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

POTC is selling for more than $4200...that doesn't mean there's enough demand for Stern to re-run it.

Even the most amazingly modded POTC is a tough sell at $5000+, but not an issue for Tron. Price isn't the only thing to consider... you don't see constant chatter about POTC re-runs like you do Tron. The chatter about IM was fairly strong too before Stern finally gave in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside