Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tron.PNG
th-503.jpeg
yhst-32784555675698_2268_94791.gif
IMG_4590.JPG
2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg
care-bear-bbq-1.jpg
0007628644444_A.jpeg
ireallydontcare.jpg
care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 5 years ago

sam flynn does not endorse or approve of this machine in any way, shape or form

Sam-Flynn-3-sam-flynn-20483921-1920-1080.jpg

Quoted from Goronic:

Not sure if you have see this - but its kinda cool
» YouTube video

#152 5 years ago

come vote if you'd like to see a Tron Prequel pin built instead or as well ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-prequel-pinball

design doesn't exist yet, but noodling...

1 week later
#153 5 years ago

That short 19/17 mini sure looks a lot like a couple I have done... just smaller. Oh.. and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they re-do TRON in some fashion. DSCN1315.jpgDSCN1298.jpgDSCN1030.JPG

DSCN1029.JPG

#154 5 years ago

2 weeks later
#155 5 years ago

I've noticed a lot of Tron LE for sale posts lately. I wonder if some people are privy to new information about Tron VE?

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I've noticed a lot of TRON LE for sale posts lately. I wonder if some people are privy to new information about Tron VE?

No. Sometimes people just sell games. Cuz they need money or space.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No. Sometimes people just sell games. Cuz they need money or space.

Or... they know that the value of their machine is going to drop when the VE is announced.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Or... they know that the value of their machine is going to drop when the VE is announced.

Or, there will never be a VE....but keep speculating.

#159 5 years ago

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Well Tron LE didn't budge in price on the last 3 re runs of Tron pro but maybe if the 4th "VE" run has some LED's, decals instead of a screened cab & a new back box (I dislike the new locking system - coffin lock is way better imho) it will make the LE owners shit their pants and dump their games. I'm keeping mine! I had a nice pro that I sold to buy my LE and have no regrets. I really don't get the notion that a VE run will tank the LE price, the VE is a Tron Pro with a few changes you can buy a very nice pro for 5k with mods right now.
Tron LE come up for sale now and then just like any other machine, not every sale is a conspiracy of insider information...sometimes people just sell a machine to buy something different!

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I really don't get the notion that a VE run will tank the LE price, the VE is a Tron Pro with a few changes you can buy a very nice pro for 5k with mods right now.

I agree... even when Stern came out with a whole new Premium Luci edition ACDC, or added Premium Monsters edition for Metallica, neither impacted LE pricing. To think a Pro run would impact LE pricing more than a Premium is a bit of a stretch.

#162 5 years ago

You're not gonna get many, if any, mods on a nice Tron Pro in So Cal for 5K...certainly not any of the expensive ones.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I've noticed a lot of TRON LE for sale posts lately. I wonder if some people are privy to new information about Tron VE?

Please quantify "a lot"....I've seen a handful in the last several months, a small percentage compared to other "A" list titles that are for sale everyday......

And the VE thing...again?....really?....

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

You're not gonna get many, if any, mods on a nice Tron Pro in So Cal for 5K...certainly not any of the expensive ones.

So buy a nice HUO and mod it yourself! A VE isn't going to come with arcade mod ect ect so either way your spending more than 5k by the time your done.

#165 5 years ago

I can talk to Guy again @ Stern, see if the upper crust has decided to possibly release a limited run of VE Trons, but may not look good.

#166 5 years ago

If it happens I buying one, I missed the boat on Tron and been looking to buy one for a long time. Sure i'm not alone. Always something special about buying a NIB and HUO are almost selling as high as a NIB would be.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

If it happens I buying one, I missed the boat on Tron and been looking to buy one for a long time. Sure i'm not alone. Always something special about buying a NIB and HUO are almost selling as high as a NIB would be.

Ditto... Buying one depending on will it work with Eli's kit, will it be more than 5.5k, will it already have the LEDs installed ? I really wonder what other stuff they would add to the VE mix yet need to protect those with LE Trons.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So buy a nice HUO and mod it yourself! A VE isn't going to come with arcade mod ect ect so either way your spending more than 5k by the time your done.

I don't know where you are located (since you have that hidden)--never said anything about buying one--merely pointed out your price estimation for a nice Tron Pro with mods is low for my area. Thanks for your tip.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

need to protect those with LE Trons.

What kind of protection do the owners of the best pinball machine since the turn of the century really need?

#170 5 years ago

VE speculation is like hoping your future wife is hot when your current girlfriend wants to have sex with you. It's pointless and you could surely be doing something more productive and fun.

So instead I offer an actual fact: That gum you like is going to come back in style.

*protip* You want a Tron???? Go buy one.

twin-peaks-midget-gum.jpg
#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I don't know where you are located

I'm located in Tronsville USA

Quoted from Billy16:

Thanks for your tip.

Don't mention it! (I'll be here all night)

#172 5 years ago

i thought you were near by...

#173 5 years ago

Cracks me up how this topic makes people so angry. Lighten up already it's pinball!! Lol.

#174 5 years ago

Used HUO Tron for $5000 + $500 shipping or NIB with LEDs (and maybe other improvements) for < $5k to my door.....

I hope they do a VE, I'd buy one the day they announce it.

#175 5 years ago

Well the formula is working right? It's common sense for a business that does something successful that they will continue doing it. Now weather Tron is in the bag, no one knows except Gomez, but VE's will show up again, no doubt.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Cracks me up how this topic makes people so angry. Lighten up already it's pinball!! Lol.

Not only that...but most of the posters in here seem to own a Tron LE or Tron pro already. Why are you interested in the VE???

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Used HUO Tron for $5000 + $500 shipping or NIB with LEDs (and maybe other improvements) for < $5k to my door.....
I hope they do a VE, I'd buy one the day they announce it.

My opinion exactly. Look what they did with IMVE, very affordable and a lot of people not so long ago paid a fortune for this pin HUO version. Look also on pinside market and ebay lately you see more and more people listing BBB cause same story might happen. MM same story since they announced the remake.

I understand a lot of people consider pinball machines as investment but with more companies showing up for a piece of the pie you'll see how they care about LE owners feelings and their investments. if they can have nother re-runs and make millions on already created products.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not only that...but most of the posters in here seem to own a TRON LE or Tron pro already. Why are you interested in the VE???

Yes, that set of mind is not doing anything good to the hobby. To me someone who has been playing with a limited edition pin for years, enjoying it and after hearing that another remake is coming for more people to enjoy that same game should not affect that individual at all.

On the contrary it should make the owner proud and happy he selected a winner but more and more here you can almost predict that guy is going to have a bad day because his forbiden pleasure will be accessible to more people.

Sad.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Yes, that set of mind is not doing anything good to the hobby. To me someone who has been playing with a limited edition pin for years, enjoying it and after hearing that another remake is coming for more people to enjoy that same game should not affect that individual at all.
On the contrary it should make the owner proud and happy he selected a winner but more and more here you can almost predict that guy is going to have a bad day because his forbiden pleasure will be accessible to more people.
Sad.

Zzzzzzzzzz

#181 5 years ago

I see you felt pointed

#182 5 years ago

muppet-sleep-1.jpg

#183 5 years ago

I hope someone from Stern is reading this thread and can see the passion for the release of the Tron VE. There seems to be a ton of interest contrary to what the Tron pinvestors are trying to say.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I hope someone from Stern is reading this thread and can see the passion for the release of the Tron VE. There seems to be a ton of interest contrary to what the Tron pinvestors are trying to say.

Well just in case Stern is reading, then, LOTR VE please!

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I wrote Gary a letter asking for LOTR VE & Tron VE.

Hopefully it helps.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

*protip* You want a Tron???? Go buy one.

I will, just as soon as a VE comes out. I absolutely refuse to pay the current prices for a Tron. I haven't seen a Tron (modded or not) sub $5K in quite a while. People say they are out there but for those of us without connection they are not. Most Trons are $5-$5.5K. Add in shipping and you are getting to $6 real fast. No way I'll ever pay that for a Pro, especially used.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Not only that...but most of the posters in here seem to own a TRON LE or Tron pro already. Why are you interested in the VE???

Just protecting there investments. No owner wants prices to come down. Just like no, non-owner wants prices to stay where they are.

Quoted from fattdirk:

I hope someone from Stern is reading this thread and can see the passion for the release of the Tron VE.

I'm sure they could sell a couple hundred pretty easy at IMVE pricing. Just make it the same as it came before just in the new cab (as I'm sure they wont make anything in the old cab now). If it happens, I'm buying. If not, no Tron for me I guess.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

There seems to be a ton of interest contrary to what the Tron pinvestors are trying to say.

Interest is one thing, but buyers are another. A VE Tron would probably end up costing north of 5k in a configuration like the original Pro. Any extra parts added would increase that amount. How many of those that are pumping for this to happen have $5500 ready to plunk down on this? I figure if they did they would already have one.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Interest is one thing, but buyers are another. A VE Tron would probably end up costing north of 5k in a configuration like the original Pro. Any extra parts added would increase that amount. How many of those that are pumping for this to happen have $5500 ready to plunk down on this? I figure if they did they would already have one.

Yes, but if you throw on the lighted ramps...Cha-Ching!!!! Stern would be raking in this --->$$$$$$

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, but if you throw on the lighted ramps...Cha-Ching!!!! Stern would be raking in this --->$$$$$$

Aren't lighted ramps already available for pros? Are there not enough existing pros to go around?

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why would it have to be north of $5K?

ST Pro, MET Pro, TWD Pro are all sub $5K shipped and I would argue all have more production cost in them for parts. Tron is a very basic game and only has one toy (if you call the disc a toy). Tron doesn't have more parts than any of these games so I don't see the merit in the argument that it would have to be $5K plus. Maybe if they did the ramp lights but I highly doubt they would. What would come out would be a bare bones Tron with the new cab and all white LED's.

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Aren't lighted ramps already available for pros? Are there not enough existing pros to go around?

Obviously not or bare bones Trons in HUO condition wouldn't be selling for $5K+. And if you want an unmodded one they are even more impossible to find. I'd personally rather have an unmodded one than a modded one. Most the mods on these games I couldn't care less about (light cycles and arcade for instance).

#192 5 years ago

beat_dead_horse.jpg
#193 5 years ago

VE with lighted ramps and daft punk mb - I'd be in. Though, dp mb would have to get implemented to existing pros and the LE owners may go apeshit

#194 5 years ago

Does anybody really think that if Stern figures they can make a pile of $$$ on a Tron VE that they aren't going to do it? I think its a LOCK

#195 5 years ago

If they do it, I'll likely get one. Would make a first NIB and first Stern for me, but Tron's my favorite Stern.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

beat_dead_horse.jpg 70 KB

These types of posts only seem to come from people who already own a Tron....hmmm.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

If they do it, I'll likely get one. Would make a first NIB and first Stern for me, but Tron's my favorite Stern.

If it's your favorite Stern, you should get one. You know, the ones that exist....not the ones that never will.

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it's your favorite Stern, you should get one. You know, the ones that exist....not the ones that never will.

Really no harm in waiting to see what happens. It's not like the price will skyrocket anytime soon. I've waited years to get a pin I wanted at the price I wanted.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

These types of posts only seem to come from people who already own a Tron....hmmm.

I paid 5150 shipped......LE can go way down and I still make a ton of money if I sell (which its not going anywhere). I find that these other types of posts are always from people who procrastinate and miss out buying a game. Ohhh Stern is going to make a VE....its will have everything that the LE has....its a no brainer. So sick of both sides of these discussions. Everyone thinks they know whats best for Stern. So yes, these constant Tron VE threads are beating a dead horse as we have no control of the outcome

#200 5 years ago

I haven't seen a Tron LE for sale in the last year (UK), and I have been looking. If they do a VE I will definitely buy one. Bring it on Stern...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside