care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 9 years ago

We need to send spies when Stern does their move.

Maybe we'll see some writing on boxes giving away their plans.

Remember, when Walt was looking at Florida property, he wouldn't exit the plane. I can't see Stern being that secretive.

#102 9 years ago

In fairness Tron pro is not currently overpriced. As mentioned earlier most of these games have some very expensive add-ons. I have nearly 2k worth of stuff on mine and I'm not done yet. Seriously I forget now...Cointaker LEDs, FF speakers and sub, Tron arcade mod, Flynn sign, Eli's ramp kit, pinbits Plastic set, recognizer mod, lightcycle mod, ss blades, Laserrific topper, apron mod...powder coating to come. So even a game with half of this stuff selling at 5400.00 is not really overpriced. IM was selling for 6K a while back with no mods. I know...I may look biased in my opinion because I own one, but I sincerely hope they make a VE because it will not affect me. I would have to getting out of the hobby for me to ever sell mine.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The only way to ensure that a TRON VE is made is for me to buy a TRON Pro, and to ensure that there is a TRON Premium made all I have to do is buy labnip's TRON LE. That is my luck. So, for you guys that want a new TRON all I need to do is pull the trigger and you'll get one.

if anyone needs it, i can make it rain

car-wash-rain-1.jpgcar-wash-rain-1.jpg

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Do you have proof that the price will only go up?

yes.

IMG_8539 (533x800).jpgIMG_8539 (533x800).jpg

tron-arcade-mx-olivia-1.jpgtron-arcade-mx-olivia-1.jpg

#105 9 years ago

Retro Tron pin with fiber optic ramps would knock it out of the ball park.....

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Retro Tron pin with fiber optic ramps would knock it out of the ball park.....

We need to make this a real movement and get Borg involved!

tron-retro.jpgtron-retro.jpg
#107 9 years ago

The only problem with a retro Tron is the sound. The sound on tron pinball is amazing.

#108 9 years ago

boop boop beep bop boop bleep
boing peng boom tschak

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-prequel-pinball

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Give me one good reason why I, or anyone else, wouldn't try to negotiate the price down. Last time I checked, no price is set in stone.

BTW, aren't PRIVATE messages suppose to remain PRIVATE????

Negotiation involves making an offer. Its another thing completely to take a shit all over these boards about a VE that doesnt exist with hundreds of posts while privately trying to pry the game of your choice off of a seller.

When you came in my FS thread to post VE speculation you in effect were standing in front of my fruit stand telling customers that the fruit is overpriced and a fruit stand across the street is opening up with better fruit at a better price. Then you offer to buy my fruit if i cut my price while no one is around.

Choke on it buddy.

I gave fair warning in post #40 in this thread what was coming and you still keep up the tolling. For some kind of market genius or whatever the heck you claim to be you really must be hard up for cash.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The only problem with a retro Tron is the sound. The sound on tron pinball is amazing.

You should buy one!

#111 9 years ago

labnip, you are one funny dude! Next time I'm in Austin, you pick the place--my treat for some great Texas BBQ. Gotta have both turkey and brisket, tho...

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

labnip, you are one funny dude! Next time I'm in Austin, you pick the place--my treat for some great Texas BBQ. Gotta have both turkey and brisket, tho...

sounds bueno

we can play my modded Tron LE and EDOT.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Sure....but no reason to drag PM's into it.....that was over the line IMHO.

I did it as a service to Pinside. Thought about starting a new thread or notifying Robin. Maybe they should ban his ass.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I did it as a service to Pinside. Thought about starting a new thread or notifying Robin. Maybe they should ban his ass.

Come on Heisenberg, your game sold for asking price, that's all the payback needed. Now how about some of them blues?

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Come on Heisenberg, your game sold for asking price, that's all the payback needed. Now how about some of them blues?

I am done now.. some guys just grind my gears.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

we can play my modded TRON LE

Wait, wait a minute...you have a TRON LE?!?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#118 9 years ago

I know you do!

Quoted from JoeJet:

I am done now.. some guys just grind my gears

I certainly don't want to get in the middle of this, but to Trekkie credit he didn't start the thread...but I get what your saying - especially if you were trying to sell a TRON. Congrats on getting your asking price - I bet it is a solid buy with all those mods - so win win for buyer and seller

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

put the Tron chix transite in it.

Hey I have that TRON Disc as well - not a bad topper idea. Did you wire it to allow it to be constantly on?

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Negotiation involves making an offer. Its another thing completely to take a shit all over these boards about a VE that doesnt exist with hundreds of posts while privately trying to pry the game of your choice off of a seller.
When you came in my FS thread to post VE speculation you in effect were standing in front of my fruit stand telling customers that the fruit is overpriced and a fruit stand across the street is opening up with better fruit at a better price. Then you offer to buy my fruit if i cut my price while no one is around.
Choke on it buddy.
I gave fair warning in post #40 in this thread what was coming and you still keep up the tolling. For some kind of market genius or whatever the heck you claim to be you really must be hard up for cash.

For the right price, I'll buy a Tron. Heck, for the right price, I'll buy anything. If you haven't noticed, I'm not the only one saying they think a Tron VE is on its way.

At no point, did I ever badmouth your machine. I even complimented how beautiful it looked.

In your thread, a poster made a comment that the prices for Trons have dropped. Look at the positing history for Tron sales, they have. I only pointed out the obvious, as countless others have, that the VE threat has something to do with the drop in Tron prices. This isn't something that is complicated, it is basic economic theory. Expectation of more supply = lower prices. At no point did I ever say your machine was overpriced. Please stop making up and spreading lies.

If you have a problem with economics, take it up with economics and leave me out of it.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hey I have that TRON Disc as well - not a bad topper idea. Did you wire it to allow it to be constantly on?

almost did. want to try making a mirror box with either some light up art on the back side or (if i at all had the time) put an lcd in it that animates Tron stuff.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Really the question should be, "Does it make sense for Stern to do another run of Tron?" Everyone is sick of "will they" or "what is the next VE" post, so look at it this way maybe.
Let's look at some stats on Pinside people owners and want lists for fun.
Own and want IM just before the VE rerun - 221 own / 195 want
After IMVE is released with current numbers 365 own / 189 want.
More people own the IM now and the same amount of people still want it because it is more attainable at a lower price. IM VE was a big success, but less than 150 Pinsiders posted it to their collections. Interesting.
Trons numbers are 405 own / 251 want currently.
More own Tron now than IM before and after the VE release, but more people want Tron in their collections than IM, before and after IM VE came out. Interesting.
So, perhaps it makes sense for Stern to rerun it from a business perspective. There seems to be more people, at least on Pinside who keep track of their collections, who want Tron than IM before and after the IM VE. People say "if you want one just buy a used one for $5000+++ with some mods." Why would you do that when a $4700 unplayed one could just show up at your door and add your own mods, or not. If the price were lower on Trons across the board more people would want it to add to their collections because it is more attainable, just like IM.
I would be interested if they did a Tron rerun. When I was looking for my last pin I bought I was not very interested in a preowned Tron with couple of mods that was a 4 hour drive away, when I could buy a NIB IMVE for $800 less. No brainer really, for me at least. Everyone is different.
We will see. What sucks about the Stern in your collection is that the better the game plays and the more popular it is the more likely a rerun will happen. Wait, owning a great playing, popular pin doesn't suck!

Great post! The first non-emotional, numbers driven analysis I have seen of this subject.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The right price was his asking price, cuz it sold.

That's anecdotal. No one saw the transaction or check.

But, on the positive side, if it did sell at the price it supports the premise that the pin is in good demand.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

For the right price, I'll buy a Tron. Heck, for the right price, I'll buy anything. If you haven't noticed, I'm not the only one saying they think a Tron VE is on its way.
At no point, did I ever badmouth your machine. I even complimented how beautiful it looked.
In your thread, a poster made a comment that the prices for Trons have dropped. Look at the positing history for Tron sales, they have. I only pointed out the obvious, as countless others have, that the VE threat has something to do with the drop in Tron prices. This isn't something that is complicated, it is basic economic theory. Expectation of more supply = lower prices. At no point did I ever say your machine was overpriced. Please stop making up and spreading lies.
If you have a problem with economics, take it up with economics and leave me out of it.

I'm more into Quorranomics

tron-quorra-nomics-1.jpgtron-quorra-nomics-1.jpg

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm more into Quorranomics

tron-quorra-nomics-1.jpg 25 KB

If they made Tron 3, where Quorra just stands there on screen, I'd pay $11 to see that.

#126 9 years ago

$20 for a lightcycle ride

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I only pointed out the obvious, as countless others have, that the VE threat has something to do with the drop in Tron prices.

As an example - if I posted a Monster Bash for sale thread and you came into the thread telling everyone that the price on the MB I'm selling is going downward, I wouldn't be happy with you. And then PM me with a request for my bottom selling price, I'd think you are a tool. You don't seem to see an issue with it and appear to think that's a good business practice.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#129 9 years ago

i'll be back in a few mins...

#130 9 years ago

...i'm back

#132 9 years ago

lapnip-after.jpglapnip-after.jpg
#133 9 years ago

wow, that was fast

#134 9 years ago

I'll bet she charges more per dance

#135 9 years ago

Not sure if you have see this - but its kinda cool

#136 9 years ago

I hope not way overrated and over priced

#137 9 years ago

Gary has stated that hey will never re-do an LE (sorry, I don't have the source but I've heard it). "Tron Premium" was indeed an LE (it's numbered).

The one remake (IM) was NOT an LE.

So my guess would be "no".

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Majesticman:

I hope not way overrated and over priced

...and it comes with coin mechs

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Gary has stated that hey will never re-do an LE (sorry, I don't have the source but I've heard it). "Tron Premium" was indeed an LE (it's numbered).

That is what I keep telling Trekkie but he does
Not want to understand and keep posting VE
Crap all over Pinside....oh we'll

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Where have I said the Stern will run Tron LE - VE?

I would really love to see that post.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Trekkie is trying to scare someone into selling him their Tron on the cheap with his VE and pricing "trend" threads... Pretty lame tactic dude!

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Really the question should be, "Does it make sense for Stern to do another run of Tron?" Everyone is sick of "will they" or "what is the next VE" post, so look at it this way maybe.
Let's look at some stats on Pinside people owners and want lists for fun.
Own and want IM just before the VE rerun - 221 own / 195 want
After IMVE is released with current numbers 365 own / 189 want.
More people own the IM now and the same amount of people still want it because it is more attainable at a lower price. IM VE was a big success, but less than 150 Pinsiders posted it to their collections. Interesting.
Trons numbers are 405 own / 251 want currently.
More own Tron now than IM before and after the VE release, but more people want Tron in their collections than IM, before and after IM VE came out. Interesting.
So, perhaps it makes sense for Stern to rerun it from a business perspective. There seems to be more people, at least on Pinside who keep track of their collections, who want Tron than IM before and after the IM VE. People say "if you want one just buy a used one for $5000+++ with some mods." Why would you do that when a $4700 unplayed one could just show up at your door and add your own mods, or not. If the price were lower on Trons across the board more people would want it to add to their collections because it is more attainable, just like IM.
I would be interested if they did a Tron rerun. When I was looking for my last pin I bought I was not very interested in a preowned Tron with couple of mods that was a 4 hour drive away, when I could buy a NIB IMVE for $800 less. No brainer really, for me at least. Everyone is different.
We will see. What sucks about the Sterns in your collection is that the better the games play and the more popular they are the more likely a rerun will happen. Wait, owning a great playing, popular pin doesn't suck!

Oh, I forgot to put down Tron's wants and haves by Pinsider's from just before the IMVE was announced-

Tron's numbers before the IMVE announcement - 382 Own / 226 want
Tron's current numbers again - 405 Own / 251 want

So in about 4 1/2 months 23 have posted a Tron to their collections and 25 have added Tron to their Pinside want list. Interesting.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

you should post more often.
i like your avatar

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Trekkie is trying to scare someone into selling him their Tron on the cheap with his VE and pricing "trend" threads... Pretty lame tactic dude!

Where have I said the Stern will run a Tron LE-VE?

That's what I just got accused of...(I didn't start that thread either...even in that thread, I said the LE will never be run again).

Kind of ironic that I didn't even start this topic, and I'm getting blasted for it.

For the umpteenth time, if the right Tron comes along at the right price, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll just sit on the sidelines and hope there is a VE.

If I never own a Tron, oh well. If my happiness is based on owning a Tron, then I have one pathetic life.

I have 3 machines that I love, with room for one more. If Stern were to do a Star Wars original trilogy, then that will be the 4th machine. Wolverine LE could always fit that spot, distributors still have plenty left in inventory. A LOTR VE could fill that spot (if they do one). A Tron VE could fill that spot (if they do one). The future Star Wars pin could fill that spot (depending if I like 7-9). Heck, if Stern did a lion Voltron, that could fill that spot.

Many users here, have voiced their intentions of getting a Tron VE if one were to be released. I'm not the only one.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why wouldn't Stern make a Tron Premium?
Mustang
Metallica (2)
AC/DC (2)
Star Trek
Avengers
All of those have Pro, Premium and Limited Edition.
My feeling, Stern could do a run of 500-1,000 Premium Trons, priced at $7k...and they would sell.
IMO, Tron is easily one of the top games Stern has ever made.

Tron LE is Tron Premium... Haven't you figured that out yet?

#146 9 years ago

TRON LE is Tron Premium... Haven't you figured that out y

Wrong! Tron Premium is the LE!

#147 9 years ago

TRON LE is Tron Premium... Haven't you figured that out yet?

I think it's obvious, is that I was pointing out Stern could do a premium. Metallica and AC/DC have 2 premiums. Look at what Stern recently did with AC/DC pro bell. They changed it up. Look at Star Trek pro, that now has a "kick back". Remember, Stern advertised that if you wanted those features, that you needed to either buy a premium or LE.

I notice you didn't pick out my posts where I speculated that the Tron VE (if made) we will see, will be below the LE but above the pro (i.e. - come installed with lighted ramps). Sort of like the IMVE is a step above the original Iron Man.

If Stern is sitting on (all speculation) a bunch of Tron pro playfields, they could never duplicate the VE. But with the pro play field, they can easily make an in-between game.

#148 9 years ago

Tron Prequel Pinball
we don't need no VE

#149 9 years ago

I might as well just come out with it....

Ok, Gary just called me and they plan on doing the TRON VE run summer of 2015 to coincide with my birthday, and the last half moon and the introduction of the Intel i9 running at 5 GHz. You guys were going to find out sooner or later, might as well be here.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wrong! Tron Premium is the LE!

Ok you got me there

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-will-it-happen/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.