Topic Stats

• 474 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcademojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tron.PNG
th-503.jpeg
yhst-32784555675698_2268_94791.gif
IMG_4590.JPG
2014-12-11 08.21.58.jpg
care-bear-bbq-1.jpg
0007628644444_A.jpeg
ireallydontcare.jpg
care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg

There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 5 years ago

Where are all the $5000 Trons people are talking about? Still even if they are $5000 preowned $4700 new is still way better. If your are a buyer. If you are owner, yes another run would suck.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why are so many people against a Tron VE?
I'd rather buy a NIB Tron VE for $5,400 (with free shipping) instead of $5,400 for a used Tron.
This is a no brainer.

Is that why you decided against my $5400 like new Tron with $900 in mods after trolling my FS thread and privately praising my game and trying to get me down in price?

My FS thread:

1troll.jpg

Your PMs to me:

2troll.jpg

Game sold for full asking.

You lose.

#53 5 years ago

Really the question should be, "Does it make sense for Stern to do another run of Tron?" Everyone is sick of "will they" or "what is the next VE" post, so look at it this way maybe.

Let's look at some stats on Pinside people owners and want lists for fun.

Own and want IM just before the VE rerun - 221 own / 195 want
After IMVE is released with current numbers 365 own / 189 want.

More people own the IM now and the same amount of people still want it because it is more attainable at a lower price. IM VE was a big success, but less than 150 Pinsiders posted it to their collections. Interesting.

Trons numbers are 405 own / 251 want currently.

More own Tron now than IM before and after the VE release, but more people want Tron in their collections than IM, before and after IM VE came out. Interesting.

So, perhaps it makes sense for Stern to rerun it from a business perspective. There seems to be more people, at least on Pinside who keep track of their collections, who want Tron than IM before and after the IM VE. People say "if you want one just buy a used one for $5000+++ with some mods." Why would you do that when a $4700 unplayed one could just show up at your door and add your own mods, or not. If the price were lower on Trons across the board more people would want it to add to their collections because it is more attainable, just like IM.

I would be interested if they did a Tron rerun. When I was looking for my last pin I bought I was not very interested in a preowned Tron with couple of mods that was a 4 hour drive away, when I could buy a NIB IMVE for $800 less. No brainer really, for me at least. Everyone is different.

We will see. What sucks about the Sterns in your collection is that the better the games play and the more popular they are the more likely a rerun will happen. Wait, owning a great playing, popular pin doesn't suck!

#54 5 years ago

I hope they do, but they probably won't.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If the price were lower on Trons across the board more people would want it to add to their collections because it is more attainable, just like IM.

Good point. I never thought of it from that perspective. I always just assumed that you either want the game or you don't. I'm certain there are those out there that simply write the game off as unattainable, if its out of their price comfort zone.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Is that why you decided against my $5400 like new Tron with $900 in mods after trolling my FS thread and privately praising my game and trying to get me down in price?
My FS thread:

Your PMs to me:

You lose.

1troll.jpg 12 KB

2troll.jpg 31 KB

Thumbs up on this post!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

My FS thread:

Your PMs to me:

You lose.

1troll.jpg 12 KB

2troll.jpg 31 KB

Trekkie was just owned!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Why are so many people against a Tron VE?
I'd rather buy a NIB Tron VE for $5,400 (with free shipping) instead of $5,400 for a used Tron.
This is a no brainer.

Not against it…just saying that it's not a given. Like IM, it's a low BOM game - so, it's possible if demand warrants it. Unlike IM, it's less likely that the license will be renewed as Disney kinda treats Tron like poop. Just because a couple people want it NIB doesn't mean enough demand is there. Are there 500 people who would buy them NIB? I think that's the magic number.

#59 5 years ago

I was told (pretty reliable source) that they only made 300 IMve. If they only need a run of 300 to be a viable title, surely there are 300 people that would buy a NIB Tronve as opposed to a used one for a similar price.

#60 5 years ago

As I said, this is all speculation on our part. However, if Stern hits some serious down time it would be easy for them to crank out a couple hundred (or so) VE pins to keep the line moving along--pins that will all sell quickly. IM VE was a big success, no reason lightning cannot strike twice (or more) for Stern.

#61 5 years ago

Current HUO Tron's are just outside of my "comfort zone". If Tron VE's did get made I would be all over one if it was in the $4700 shipped ball park. If that drove the existing HUO's into the $4200 range that would be even better!

#62 5 years ago

I don't have any inside info, so I couldn't tell ya. What I do know is Tron already had several runs, so finding one now shouldn't be too hard. I would guess with everything Stern has going on now a ve would not come out for quite a while and would reflect the recent price hikes accordingly.

#63 5 years ago

Quit speculating and just make me an offer, not that I'll take it seriously.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Current HUO Tron's are just outside of my "comfort zone". If Tron VE's did get made I would be all over one if it was in the $4700 shipped ball park. If that drove the existing HUO's into the $4200 range that would be even better!

They seem to usually have ~$1000 worth of mods on them (Eli kit, color DMD, speaker upgrades, LEDs, Arcade mod, etc). What's the going price for a bone stock Tron? I have to imagine it would be like $4500 or so, right?

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They seem to usually have ~$1000 worth of mods on them (Eli kit, color DMD, speaker upgrades, LEDs, Arcade mod, etc). What's the going price for a bone stock Tron? I have to imagine it would be like $4500 or so, right?

Actually that is a very good point......and question. Almost all of the one's that have come up for sale have been heavily modified.

While the price should indeed reflect a decent percentage of the added mods I am one of those that finds it easier to get a base game and then slowly mod it myself as additional funds come in. But that's just me.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

My FS thread:

Your PMs to me:

You lose.

1troll.jpg 12 KB

2troll.jpg 31 KB

3.5 hour drive there, then 3.5 hour drive back.

For the right price, I'll buy the game.

You weren't at the right price. I PMed you seeing if I can get you down to the right price.

If you had a beat up game, I would've even waste my time…hence, me giving you a compliment for keeping it in great condition.

Give me one good reason why I, or anyone else, wouldn't try to negotiate the price down. Last time I checked, no price is set in stone.

BTW, aren't PRIVATE messages suppose to remain PRIVATE????

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

3.5 hour drive there, then 3.5 hour drive back.
For the right price, I'll buy the game.
You weren't at the right price. I PMed you seeing if I can get you down to the right price.
If you had a beat up game, I would've even waste my time…hence, me giving you a compliment for keeping it in great condition.
Give me one good reason why I, or anyone else, wouldn't try to negotiate the price down. Last time I checked, no price is set in stone.
BTW, aren't PRIVATE messages suppose to remain PRIVATE????

The right price was his asking price, cuz it sold.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pretty good evidence right there!

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure....but no reason to drag PM's into it.....that was over the line IMHO.

#70 5 years ago

He just put someone on blast, something we all do "in private" to a select group of friends if we don't like someones statements, in this case he chose to inform the pinside community as a whole.

If Trekkie feared his comments about price will be made public, he should have never asked in the way he did. I would have straight up said hey dude, will you take $____ and left it at that.

I don't see a right or a wrong, it is just the way he chose to go about it.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The right price for him and that buyer.

Wasn't my right price.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The right price for him and that buyer.
Wasn't my right price.

Wah wah wah. If you want a Tron you'll have to buy one.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Sure....but no reason to drag PM's into it.....that was over the line IMHO.

I agree 100%

Private is private.

#74 5 years ago

Trekkie, I have a TRON LE... I see it is on your wishlist. Not for sale, but do you want to PM me for price?

I won't make a private message public here however, that's a personal matter for the buyer/seller.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Heck, if he wants a TronLE, I'll sell mine for 10.5k. I'm not bashful, it's just that I am now going into a woodrail faze, and there are so many titles to explore.

Threat of Tron VE won't effect the value of TRON LE. We all know the price tag, no shame in that post.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll sell mine

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

We all know the price tag, no shame in that post.

Heck, I would even take any and all woodrails in trade! Only the ones with flippers. For now...

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Heck, if he wants a TronLE, I'll sell mine for 10.5k. I'm not bashful, it's just that I am now going into a woodrail faze, and there are so many titles to explore.

why the discounted price?

my Tron LE is $24,999.95

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

why the discounted price?

For quick sale, so I can get another woodie.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For quick sale, so I can get another woodie.

Tron LE gives me a woodie

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TRON LE gives me a woodie

My new (figuratively speaking) Rocket gives me a woodie.
Note- flipper angle has since been corrected and center post removed.

304021-i.jpg

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My new (figuratively speaking) Rocket gives me a woodie.

304021-i.jpg 46 KB

Your Rocket kills my woodie

#84 5 years ago

kelly kelly kelly kelly Tron-LE kelly ...

woody-1.jpg

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Your Rocket kills my woodie

As it should. Lets see you light up all 7 rockets!

#86 5 years ago

The more you wait to buy one the more higher the price
Will be... There will never be a Tron ve

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Will be... There will never be a Tron ve

Do you have proof that the price will go only go up?

#88 5 years ago

Will be...

True. Waiting is for chumps. Time to buy is NOW!

#89 5 years ago

Let us see this fancy pants chart from bostonpinball.biz.... blue = price orange = supply.

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 5.10.47 PM.png

TRON is averaging $6,700 to date as well. $5400 was the bargain price.

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 5.14.11 PM.png

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

Let us see this fancy pants chart from bostonpinball.biz.... blue = price orange = supply.

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 5.10.4... 60 KB

How many games are for sale?

That chart could easily be signaling the top of the market.

Without all the necessary information, that chart is just noise.

#91 5 years ago

that's overall for all pins on ebay during those years

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Without all the necessary information, that chart is just noise.

Exactly. The only info we have now is there are Tron Pros and LEs and they are no longer being made.
Are you a gambling man?

#93 5 years ago

Trekkie ,Want a great fuk'n game pay the price

You want to be Trekkie El cheapo go buy some
mustang or Star Trek and pay less but get less !!!

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Exactly. The only info we have now is there are Tron Pros and LEs and they are no longer being made.
Are you a gambling man?

Only football pools.

If the pin shoots up in value and I didn't buy it prior, oh well. It isn't the end of the world.

There are dozens of great pinball machines. There are new ones always being developed as well.

#95 5 years ago

Trekkie ,Want a great fuk'n game pay the price
You want to be Trekkie El cheapo go buy some
mustang or Star Trek and pay less but get less !!!

I already own a machine considered by many to be one of the best ever.

BTW, if it were a Camaro machine, I would've bought it. Being that I own a Camaro, the machine would've went well with it.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If the pin shoots up in value and I didn't buy it prior, oh well. It isn't the end of the world.

That's what I thought when I bought mine. I didn't buy it to make or lose money, but it was the machine I wanted at the time. Somehow I put together the money and found an LE with 80 plays on it. But I didn't buy it to just look at it either. I have played it. A bunch.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I already own a machine considered by many to be one of the best ever.
BTW, if it were a Camaro machine, I would've bought it. Being that I own a Camaro, the machine would've went well with it.

I'd do Firebird

#98 5 years ago

The only way to ensure that a TRON VE is made is for me to buy a TRON Pro, and to ensure that there is a TRON Premium made all I have to do is buy labnip's TRON LE. That is my luck. So, for you guys that want a new TRON all I need to do is pull the trigger and you'll get one.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The only way to ensure that a TRON VE is made is for me to buy a TRON Pro, and to ensure that there is a TRON Premium made all I have to do is buy labnip's TRON LE. That is my luck. So, for you guys that want a new TRON all I need to do is pull the trigger and you'll get one.

Do it man! Take one for the team!!

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Could you buy an LOTR instead though, I'd rather see that as a VE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lynn, MA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside