care-corner-1.jpg
care-vader-1.jpg
245793.jpg
victoria-secret-coming-1.jpg
6flags.jpg
care-1.jpg
tron ve.jpeg
image-179.jpg
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 9 years ago

Just as title says...will Tron VE ever happen? I am just getting back into pins after being out for awhile, and after being back I am seeing some games now have a VE. Read somewhere that it might happen? I had to sell my pins in my separation from the wife. Sold my heavily modded 3rd run tron pro and a LOTR. I didn't want to sell either but I had to at the time. Now looking to get Tron back!! So just curious if this will happen in the future, or should I just look for a nice HUO?

#2 9 years ago

niet

#3 9 years ago

Most likely...has the best chance of a re-run IMO. That being said, no need to wait. If you want a Tron there are plenty for sale.

#4 9 years ago

I do not think it will. how many people would pony up for it? A lot of new games out there to spend that coin on.

#6 9 years ago

Maybe, buy my guess is no. There are lots of TRONs out there, and I see HUO fully modded ones selling for what Stern would likely charge. The introduction of more TRONs would drop the value of all non-LE TRONs, including the new VE. I don't think TRON prices are high enough for Stern to add more machines to the mix and keep overall TRON prices high enough to justify making the VEs in the first place. I Stern does a TRON VE, I wouldn't buy it day 1, I would wait until it starts dropping all TRON prices and then get your deal whether a HUO or one of the last discounted VE's.

Good luck, its a great game!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Most likely...has the best chance of a re-run IMO. That being said, no need to wait. If you want a Tron there are plenty for sale.

That's the issue. Lots of used pros, even a good amount of nibs.

If demand was overwhelming, these would be sold quick.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That's the issue. Lots of used pros, even a good amount of nibs.
If demand was overwhelming, these would be sold quick.

Supply is up because people still want 5K and up. If it's like IMVE, you can get a brand new one from a reputable dealer with extras for about $4700 shipped. Let's not forget that the specter of VE's is another reason why the supply of used ones is up. Any of these sellers need to come down to about 4K to sell. Otherwise, while they're officially "for sale", they're not really for sale.

#9 9 years ago

Which they won't. Selling at a loss sucks no matter how it's sliced. Break even without mods is what, $4700? With mods a lot higher.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Any of these sellers need to come down to about 4K to sell.

Are you talking about HUO, box stock Tron Pro? If so, my strike point is above that.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Are you talking about HUO, box stock Tron Pro? If so, my strike point is above that.

Sorry. Yeah, I was thinking HUO. Maybe I'm a little low. I wouldn't pay more than VE pricing for a NIB Tron though. Regardless of what original owners say, the IMVE does look better than the original with stock LED's, decaled speaker box and foil-like cab art.

But on the other hand, there may never be a Tron VE. So, it's kind of a toss-up. There's also the opportunity cost of waiting. You never know how long you'll be on this planet-- haha.

#12 9 years ago

No... That's why I just picked one !

#13 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 9 years ago

image-401.jpgimage-401.jpg

#15 9 years ago

image-668.jpgimage-668.jpg

#16 9 years ago

nopers

tron-no-1.giftron-no-1.gif

tron-no-2.giftron-no-2.gif

tron-no-3.giftron-no-3.gif

#17 9 years ago

No.gifNo.gif
#18 9 years ago

I have to agree to those that say LOTR VE would be better. I would definitely be in for one if they remade this. Would make sense to do it now to compete with Hobbit pin and with the popularity up at the moment it would be a smart move.

#19 9 years ago

My Tron was bought NIB from that 1.5 run (3D, Light Runner). I loved the game and it was worth the price, so why wouldn't I buy it? So I did get it and started playing the snot out of it. Then the price went up a lot and there was another run. Then the price really got nuts, and there was a third run. Then the price started creeping up, so the rumors started for a VE, and the price dropped. Through all of this I've been playing my Tron for years and I have had a shit-ton of fun doing it. I didn't make money when the price went up, and I didn't lose any when the price went down. All I did was I kept playing a great game. You have owned Tron before, so if you really liked it, just get one. Don't worry about the next version. Get one and have fun! That's worth way more than a couple hundred bucks one way or the other.

#20 9 years ago

Where are all these reasonably priced trons people keep talking about located? I don't find any for under 5k.

#21 9 years ago

Looking for one of these myself. I'm betting the mystery "reasonably priced" Trons won't appear unless the VE run is announced.

#22 9 years ago

i have an unreasonably priced LE

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i have an unreasonably priced LE

Didn't know if I should Thumb Up or Thumb Down this post - as it would be unclear

#24 9 years ago

A good question to ask is which pin or pins we would sell to raise money for an TronV?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Didn't know if I should Thumb Up or Thumb Down this post - as it would be unclear

hehehe...

#26 9 years ago

The TRON LE is the real deal I think

And I should know, I have been driving Lincolns long before I was paid to, because I just like it.

#27 9 years ago

lincoln

#28 9 years ago

After SNL they may have to pull these as now they are soo funny to watch.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from vader1979:

I am seeing some games now have a VE.

One game. One game has had a vault release. And the only 'indication' that there would ever be another was a mention in the press release that they may do more vault editions in the future if the market warranted it. Then everybody lost their minds.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Then everybody lost their minds.

I know, they should just make the TRON VE so everyone will stop asking for it. Jeez

#31 9 years ago

I really think if Stern did LOTR VE it would kill sales of The Hobbit !

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I really think if Stern did LOTR VE it would kill sales of The Hobbit !

Don't know about kill, but would have an impact. The EXPO reveal didn't help JJP either - that may have had a worse affect than a LOTR VE would

#33 9 years ago

Tron VE is almost a certainty at some future point. But it could be 3 years down the road, so if you really want one, don't count on VE.

VE's and special editions (Luci) are a way for Stern to plug holes in their production line between runs, bolster numbers when a new run falls short of expectation and in general maximize revenue opportunities.

#34 9 years ago

If stern does tron and LOTR VE, then I'm gonna need a bigger place.

My next pin, will probably be Wolverine LE.

If they do a Star Wars original trilogy....I'm really really gonna need a bigger place.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I know, they should just make the TRON VE so everyone will stop asking for it. Jeez

By everyone you mean you and Trekkie?

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

After SNL they may have to pull these as now they are soo funny to watch.
» YouTube video

hey,
just noticed, that commercial is filmed here in Austin.
(he lives here)

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Looking for one of these myself. I'm betting the mystery "reasonably priced" Trons won't appear unless the VE run is announced.

Give it time.

#38 9 years ago

I need to stop reading Pinside before going to sleep. I just dreamt I was on the phone with my distributor about when I could pick up my Tron VE

#39 9 years ago

yawn...this again....

#40 9 years ago

Some of these VE threads are specifically written to drive the prices down for interested parties.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Some of these VE threads are specifically written to drive the prices down for interested parties.

Whoa. Do you think this is one of them? Because I refuse to participate in a conspiracy.

#42 9 years ago

deadhorse.jpgdeadhorse.jpg
#43 9 years ago

It is all just idle speculation until Stern makes an announcement. I'd imagine since the success of IM VE they will surely do another, who knows which one they'll do next...

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

It is all just idle speculation until Stern makes an announcement. I'd imagine since the success of IM VE they will surely do another, who knows which one they'll do next...

Not necessarily...IM had the "magic sauce" of super cheap BOM & pent up demand. No other game really has that double whammy. Sure, a few people say they'd buy a NIB Tron or LOTR...but are distributors feeling that pressure of customers beating down their doors for those games? Probably not, because many were made & available 2nd hand. While you'll probably see more IMve run, other games are highly unlikely any time soon. If you want a LOTR or Tron, just go get one and enjoy it today.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

By everyone you mean you and Trekkie?

Yes

#46 9 years ago

Everyone knows that if Stern makes a TRON VE or Premium I would instantly buy. If they don't - no biggie.

#47 9 years ago

And by everyone I mean a few people on pinside...

#48 9 years ago

Why are so many people against a Tron VE?

I'd rather buy a NIB Tron VE for $5,400 (with free shipping) instead of $5,400 for a used Tron.

This is a no brainer.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not necessarily...IM had the "magic sauce" of super cheap BOM & pent up demand. No other game really has that double whammy. Sure, a few people say they'd buy a NIB Tron or LOTR...but are distributors feeling that pressure of customers beating down their doors for those games? Probably not, because many were made & available 2nd hand. While you'll probably see more IMve run, other games are highly unlikely any time soon. If you want a LOTR or Tron, just go get one and enjoy it today.

Yah tough sell on either one really. Both LOTR and Tron Pro can be found for 5k and probably less than that in the case of LOTR where routed examples can be found. They made of bunch of both of these games. IM was hard to find under 6k before the VE, so they could easily price it less than HUO market making it a no-brainer. Not so much for Tron Pro or LOTR. Tron Premium would be different, but would also introduce a whole other complication.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Everyone knows that if Stern makes a TRON VE or Premium I would instantly buy. If they don't - no biggie.

Same attitude here.

If I don't own a Tron, oh well. If owning a Tron is the end all, that I have a pretty pathetic life.

I have 3 machines that I love, with room for 1 more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 474 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-will-it-happen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.