too-soon.gif
image.png
SgtCarter.jpg
fingers-in-ears.jpg
Libations-castor-from-tron-legacy-20146939-500-200.gif
Screen_Shot_2015-11-05_at_9.55.36_AM.png
dead_horse.gif
ugly_chair.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 8 years ago

I would love to see a Tron VE. But I think, which is 100% pure speculation on my part, that The Who will be the next pin.

1 week later
#58 8 years ago

I don't think we will see a Tron VE so close to another run of Iron Man VE…unless the next game just isn't ready.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hope you are right that the Who is the next stern pin! This would heavily influence my next purchase.
Sterns first for 2016 should be out by March correct?

I hope I'm wrong. I want Steve Ritchie working on The Who.

1 week later
#156 8 years ago

Gary said there will be more VE's in the future.

Which games could possibly fill that mold?

Hard to imagine Stern giving a check to Disney for Iron Man VE, Spider-Man VE (based on comics…speculation), Star Wars (speculation), and then have Disney saying "no" to Tron. We don't know what other future licenses Stern is running of theirs. Captain America? Muppets? Guardians of the Galaxy? Toy Story?

This isn't the same Disney as 30 years ago. They license everything to the max.

Note: I'm not saying Tron VE is a guarantee. Just speculating that it is a possibility.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern's production model generally isn't concerned with what they can do in the future - they need games constantly being built and shipping NOW. Licenses provide that. People and operators see "Game of Thrones" and say "OH COOL! I GOTTA HAVE/PLAY THAT!". If they see a generic "Dragon Master" or something, they say "Eh". It might be a great game, but it won't get the front-loaded sales.

My best friend, who has maybe played pinball a dozen times in his life and who can care less for pinball, wants a GOT Premium. Just based on the fact that the theme is Game of Thrones.

#221 8 years ago

My biggest complaint about wanting a Tron VE...is that Borg saved his best design for Tron and not Indiana Jones.

#303 8 years ago

I would love to see a video with Steve Ritchie, going into detail how he designed Star Trek or GOT.

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

On the most recent C2C Pinball podcast Nate and Ed Robertson are discussing the potential vault editions including Tron. Both of them were very much in favor of it, and Nate even said he thought several hundred Trons could be sold in a new run. Personally I would definitely be interested in buying a new Tron VE as well as AC/DC later on down the road if they make those. I'm still pretty new to pinball and did not have a chance to buy these machines when they were still being produced. Sounds like SMVE is happening, and if so that will be my next purchase. I already bought a used LOTR because I did not want to wait forever hoping for a VE on that one. I believe that a Tron VE would sell quite well and that it's not just 10 or 20 pinsiders who have interest in it.

Don't forget how Nate said that according to Jody, to renew the Iron Man license that it was fairly easy.

#320 8 years ago

If a Tron VE is coming, the best thing they could do, IMO, is make in essence a pro-delux. Pro playfield, lighted ramps and support brackets. Charge $6,000.

The problem with Tron, that TWD didn't have, is that the LE cabinet art is identical to the pro cabinet art. Same goes for Transformers.

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'll come back to this thread in 2017. There still won't be a Tron re-run. Have fun guys!

Make sure you mark this thread…might be 10-15 newer threads by then.

#378 8 years ago

This thread took a turn...

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

The first pins with Decals was TFLE. Stern didn't have the new leg protectors back then and that's why so many TFLE's have decal wrinkling

I have #410 of the combo Transformers LE and it came with the new leg protectors.

I don't know if any of the Autobot or Decepticon models came with leg protectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-the-next-stern-title?tu=trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.