too-soon.gif
image.png
SgtCarter.jpg
fingers-in-ears.jpg
Libations-castor-from-tron-legacy-20146939-500-200.gif
Screen_Shot_2015-11-05_at_9.55.36_AM.png
dead_horse.gif
ugly_chair.png
There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

They're so awesome that they add thousands in additional value.
...and don't forget the high end color changing speaker lighting combo.
Come on folks, get your Xmas present early this year and be the envy of all your pin/vid friends!!
She's calling...

I have those too!!!....tied into my Sigma colordmd ( patiently waiting for colorizing).......little did I know these would be priceless!!!....

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Come on folks, get your Xmas present early this year and be the envy of all your pin/vid friends!!
She's calling...

I have those too!!!....tied into my Sigma colordmd ( patiently waiting for colorizing).......little did I know these would be priceless!!!....

#253 8 years ago

Drat...dup post got me.....

#254 8 years ago

How many IM VE's were made?

I want a TRON VE premium with moving recognizer and the light tube. Keep the same playfield colors of the PRO so the LE is still different. JJP did just that with the ruby red edition of WOZ. That version is probably liked better than the first LE. I only think any other VE will happen if the line at stern is threatened to not be busy.

#255 8 years ago

And that made me laugh out loud. Well-played.

Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure you misheard. He was actually working on the 7th "Microwave VE" production line......

game_tron_mw.jpg

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

TRON LE for sale: $32,000
Has 2 diff translites & mods.
HUO, original owner, was NIB from day 1.
PM here.
Ps, you know you have to have her. She's calling your name louder with each passing night.
image.jpg

$32k and no blue dmd?? I'm out!

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

$32k and no blue dmd?? I'm out!

Didn't want to waste any money knowing that the ColorDMD is around the corner.
For a small extra $600, I'll toss in the ColorDMD still in box.

#258 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd love a 3D translite. I don't love it enough to pay that guy that bought out the last of them for $250 each though.

Haha my pinball unobtainium. I want one, but don't seem to want it that bad to pull the trigger on what would probably be close to $400 AUD delivered.

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

TRON LE for sale: $32,000
Has 2 diff translites & mods.
HUO, original owner, was NIB from day 1.
PM here.
Ps, you know you have to have her. She's calling your name louder with each passing night.
image.jpg

Hey, if she's already screaming "Hougie" you should just let us be together. It's probably best for everyone involved. Thanks for your help.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Hey, if she's already screaming "Hougie" you should just let us be together. It's probably best for everyone involved. Thanks for your help.

"Wuv, twoo wuv... . . ."

tron-wuv-1.pngtron-wuv-1.png

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

She's calling...

That's got to be one of the nicest $32,000 Trons on the market. Someone will be thrilled!

remake bump!

#262 8 years ago

"One of" ??

#263 8 years ago

I don't think Tron VE is going to work out for Stern. The numbers are not that big in resale that a new machine, which will costs around 5500 euro in europe, is going to justify a new pinball. Even a Spiderman VE will be hard to sell, the only way they could stir things up is as a comic art edition. Then you could get some of the owners to sell theirs and try to get 1000 machines out. As the VE edition is about the numbers they need to get that kind of sales. There needs to be real added value. There are some nice machines on the market for that same price.
But hey it's Stern, they know what to do....

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from nipenzo:

It's worth it to run a couple hundred MET's again but not Tron VE's?.....hmmmmmmm

Nothing against Tron, but Stern is already doing it right now. They are constructing another mini run of Metallic "Monster" premiums for exactly the reasons described here. It continues to remain relevant in interest, and the preference of premium features, questionable costs for premium aside. I cannot tell you if they are "selling out" or not exactly, but there is a jump for Christmas in terms of orders. They just started coming off the line a couple of week ago, and are still going.

#265 8 years ago

What some fail to realize is stern can do whatever at whatever number because of thier relationship with parts manufactueres. They basically have the ability to do small runs that others couldn't do. 200, 500, etc. they can see what the market will bear without having to stockpile a ton of parts. Also if they wanted to, they could always do a pre order in full when they announce a limited run of VE's. That's what I would do.

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Nothing against Tron, but Stern is already doing it right now. They are constructing another mini run of Metallic "Monster" premiums for exactly the reasons described here. It continues to remain relevant in interest, and the preference of premium features, questionable costs for premium aside. I cannot tell you if they are "selling out" or not exactly, but there is a jump for Christmas in terms of orders. They just started coming off the line a couple of week ago, and are still going.

It's been said already, but you are wrong to make this comparison. Metallica is still under its original license agreement. It doesn't expire until the end of the year. It's quite common for Stern to keep making a game within the original 3 year window. After that, it's a numbers game as to whether it goes back into production or not. Ample demand + licensor willing to relicense + licensor not wanting as much money (or more) than the original licensing agreement. So far only 3 titles have been re-licensed past the original terms - TSPP, LOTR, and IM.

#267 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's been said already, but you are wrong to make this comparison. Metallica is still under its original license agreement. It doesn't expire until the end of the year. It's quite common for Stern to keep making a game within the original 3 year window. After that, it's a numbers game as to whether it goes back into production or not. Ample demand + licensor willing to relicense + licensor not wanting as much money (or more) than the original licensing agreement. So far only 3 titles have been re-licensed past the original terms - TSPP, LOTR, and IM.

Stop muddying up the waters with your logical, well informed FACTS! This thread is info based on wants, desires, guesses and dreams! You ruin it for everyone, lol!

#268 8 years ago

So which dealers are accepting deposits for SM VE and Tron VE?

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

What some fail to realize is stern can do whatever at whatever number because of thier relationship with parts manufactueres. They basically have the ability to do small runs that others couldn't do. 200, 500, etc. they can see what the market will bear without having to stockpile a ton of parts. Also if they wanted to, they could always do a pre order in full when they announce a limited run of VE's. That's what I would do.

Thats why they reuse toys and ball locks.nothing gets wasted.Pick one 'feature" off KISS or GoT.Chances are you will see it in the next title.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Thats why they reuse toys and ball locks.nothing gets wasted.Pick one 'feature" off KISS or GoT.Chances are you will see it in the next title.

Sweet!!! More dragons on playfields.
Hmmmmm Tron Dragon VE

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Sweet!!! More dragons on playfields.
Hmmmmm Tron Dragon VE

Hah! Not the molded toy, obviously - but the mechs. Look how many games Borg's put a spinning disc on. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragon mech is the same as Star Trek's ship.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Stern does haves a formula that works for them... every game comes with: 2 slings, 2 flippers, 2 ramps, 3 pops, and usually a scoop. Then they are forced to start getting creative... bash toy here, extra flipper there, unnecessary mechanical toy here and there they can use to upsell to Premium/LE. Sometimes the games feel more calculated than creative.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Stern does haves a formula that works for them... every game comes with: 2 slings, 2 flippers, 2 ramps, 3 pops, and usually a scoop. Then they are forced to start getting creative... bash toy here, extra flipper there, unnecessary mechanical toy here and there they can use to upsell to Premium/LE. Sometimes the games feel more calculated than creative.

This is so true, it almost hurts.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I will make it simpler in a catchy phrase, "Its a a Stern numbers game" (ie business model).
I know this, and you know this.
The reality of all those "special editions" are test runs to see how much juice Stern can squeeze out of the orange.
If collectors suck it down like a kid with lemonade with a straw, they make more under another persona title.
If the game is really popular they get another batch of oranges (renewed license) and squeeze again.
That is why things like VE editions are being considered, as they certainly cannot call them LE or original private owners are going to be PISSED, and the same people who "talk with their wallets" are less likely to buy another LE if happens (of course considering, if they hang around in the hobby, which they normally do not).

The Jersey Jack Hobbit nonsense is just as bad, three editions, minimal differences.
In that case they are purely aesthetic, for now.

Pinball collecting used to be about getting a good quality machine at a fair price whether from a distributor or collector.
Now its "Pimp My Ride Vx.xx".
Aftermarket lighting mods are even worse, I have never seen so much garbage in all my life, with people running multiple taps and wires up and down and all over their machines.
There are literally DOZENS of websites, just by my little bit of research, some good, some bad.

#275 8 years ago

Aftermarket lighting mods are even worse, I have never seen so much garbage in all my life, with people running multiple taps and wires up and down and all over their machines.
There are literally DOZENS of websites, just by my little bit of research, some good, some bad.

#276 8 years ago

I will make it simpler in a catchy phrase, "Its a a Stern numbers game" (ie business model).
I know this, and you know this.
The reality of all those "special editions" are test runs to see how much juice Stern can squeeze out of the orange.
If collectors suck it down like a kid with lemonade with a straw, they make more under another persona title.
If the game is really popular they get another batch of oranges (renewed license) and squeeze again.
That is why things like VE editions are being considered, as they certainly cannot call them LE or original private owners are going to be PISSED, and the same people who "talk with their wallets" are less likely to buy another LE if happens (of course considering, if they hang around in the hobby, which they normally do not).
The Jersey Jack Hobbit nonsense is just as bad, three editions, minimal differences.
In that case they are purely aesthetic, for now.
Pinball collecting used to be about getting a good quality machine at a fair price whether from a distributor or collector.
Now its "Pimp My Ride Vx.xx".

Not a TECH thread, you broke your promise

#277 8 years ago

I have an LED OCD and Eli's fiber optic ramps in my Tron. No wires running all over the place. Game looks fabulous with them both, would never go back. Thanks aftermarket!

I'd think about why that would even bother you on my game, but ... well I just don't care!

#278 8 years ago

John's arcade factory tour video uploaded today, 46:48 is very interesting? spiderman wiring??

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have an LED OCD and Eli's fiber optic ramps in my Tron. No wires running all over the place. Game looks fabulous with them both, would never go back. Thanks aftermarket!
I'd think about why that would even bother you on my game, but ... well I just don't care!

If you know what you are doing you can hide the work, and make it look professional.

Good fiberoptics are tasteful (unless it looks like ropes all around the playfield), bright sun LEDs are not.
Even Cirqus Voltaire was borderline from the factory.

I have a few tasteful things to install on my MET, whenever I get around to unboxing it myself, only two related to lighting and only one is on the playfield.
It already has enough LEDs from the factory.
I never said ALL aftermarket products are bad, but I have literally seen owners put every single LED mod on a single game.
I cannot see the playfield even with the lights on.

Even Stern figured this out when they installed their own factory LED packages.
The same will apply for any VE game.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Not a TECH thread, you broke your promise

Check my postings, its 50/50 right now.
Sometimes, I feel creative.

#281 8 years ago

If you know what you are doing you can hide the work, and make it look professional.

Or it can be a mess. Honestly what people think of the underside of my playfields doesn't even enter my brain.

#282 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Or it can be a mess. Honestly what people think of the underside of my playfields doesn't even enter my brain.

That's what she said....

#283 8 years ago

OK here's what Gomez said on tour that may quell the licensing issues about re-running older titles. Around the 13:30 tick mark
thanks to cooked71 pinsider and his buddy Dave.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

OK here's what Gomez said on tour that may quell the licensing issues about re-running older titles. Around the 13:30 tick mark
thanks to cooked71 pinsider and his buddy Dave.
» YouTube video

"A game is only ever over if a customer doesn't want it."

There, it was stated definitively.

So much for the 3 year licensing arguements.

So Tron will be remade yet again and it will be what customers want. VE with LE playfield features? Pretty much would have to be, eh?

Hold on to your butts, NIB inquisitors will be happy, LE owners will be butt hurt.

Can't know when it will happen but demand pricing says it's gonna.

#285 8 years ago

Your interest in LE owners' buttocks is palpable!

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

"A game is only ever over if a customer doesn't want it."

Tell that to the licensors & Stern's bean counters.

Quoted from Yipykya:

So Tron will be remade yet again and it will be what customers want.

Not if like 10 customers want it. Of if Disney doesn't want to re-license. Or they want too much money.

Quoted from Yipykya:

VE with LE playfield features.

Will never happen. Stern won't re-make LEs. Period.

Quoted from Yipykya:

Hold on to your butts, NIB inquisitors will be happy, LE owners will be butt hurt.

Sure....how many years will these Tron threads go on for?

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tell that to the licensors & Stern's bean counters.

Not if like 10 customers want it. Of if Disney doesn't want to re-license. Or they want too much money.

Will never happen. Stern won't re-make LEs. Period.

Sure....how many years will these Tron threads go on for?

Yeah yeah we know how you feel. Sorry it's going down this way but it is what it is. Sad for some.

#288 8 years ago

Yeah but not LE features. It will be a pro with a few additions.

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah but not LE features. It will be a pro with a few additions.

Perhaps a Premium version with different cabinet and back glass art and ALL the LE features.

#290 8 years ago

It doesn't really matter which version, as long as they run it. The fact is no past popular titles are safe anymore and as it should be. I already own a Tron so I have no skin in this. I'm however waiting on a LOTR. Also there were some other good info was said in the video, such as past titles on the SAM platform will be released on those same platforms. LCD coming soon, online capable gaming in the works.

PS: I bet the next title is Guardians.

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yeah yeah we know how you feel. Sorry it's going down this way but it is what it is. Sad for some.

Sad for those endlessly waiting for a Tron re-run that will never happen instead of just playing one that exists.

Quoted from Yipykya:

Perhaps a Premium version with different cabinet and back glass art and ALL the LE features.

Or no version cuz the game is DONE!

Offer proof if you know otherwise. Repeating a lie enough times doesn't make it a fact.

Quoted from kvan99:

I'm however waiting on a LOTR.

You don't have to. Thousands exist already.

#292 8 years ago

Add me to the list for a pro with EL ramps and the extra daft punk track. Call it whatever the heck you want, would love to own this without paying inflated second-hand prices.

#293 8 years ago

Yeah but you said the same thing about the other titles. besides I'm pulling for all the guys who want a NIB Tron for 5K.

PS: I think you guys need to start a potential buyers list....after you get a hundred or so buyers send it to Gomez or Jared.

#294 8 years ago

I'd like a NIB Tron, please!

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Or no version cuz the game is DONE!
Offer proof if you know otherwise. Repeating a lie enough times doesn't make it a fact.

Wow, really? I could say the same for your consitent repeated stance. It's stated vehemently and tirelessly in every VE thread ad nauseum.

I'm simply stating my observation of what's what here. No reason to carry on and get too invested either, it's not like I have any "insider" information I'm hiding from you.

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

no, its just like when people say "anything is possible" - that doesn't mean it will happen or is likely to happen.

If you throw enough money at something.. and time.. they can do anything. That doesn't mean it would be a good choice for them.. and that's ultimately what matters. Building games they can do so in a profitable manner.

They can always go back and get new rounds of licensing... but that doesn't mean its always viable to do so.

Don't take a single statement to be more than it is...

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

no, its just like when people say "anything is possible" - that doesn't mean it will happen or is likely to happen.
If you throw enough money at something.. and time.. they can do anything. That doesn't mean it would be a good choice for them.. and that's ultimately what matters. Building games they can do so in a profitable manner.
They can always go back and get new rounds of licensing... but that doesn't mean its always viable to do so.
Don't take a single statement to be more than it is...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
I know. Your right about a single statement. Just celebrating what's in this thread and admiring the gathering momentum Stern is bound to notice with all these fun Tron VE threads people love to hate. Still believe it will eventually materialize at some point for the NIB Tron inquisitors.

#298 8 years ago

Tron VE like a LE, never going to happen.
If Stern is already asking 9500 euro for a GoT LE. Then they will never be able to make a Tron VE with El wire, , moving recognizer, 3d backglass, etc for 5500. See how empty the GoT pro model is. Even the iron throne was missing....well they added that after numerous questions from fans...yeah right. If they would make Tron VE it will be less of a game with plastic apron and cheap figures as the old ones are already gone...last runs did not even have light cycles. Yeah the game will be the same, but the whole experience......

#299 8 years ago

Tron LE for sale.
I'll print out a flier that says Tron VE and include it.

Get this 1 of 1 real Tron VE for $32,000 USD.
Hurry while supplies last !!

#300 8 years ago

In the 26 days that this lovely (and informative) post has been active, I have played 50 games on my Tron LE and enjoyed every one of them.

We all know if a Tron is remade, its going to cost big bucks....and if the remake has features like an LE, then it will be uber-expensive (after all, they are not going to give them away). Seems like buying at the current prices will be the same as the new ones, only you are not waiting years (or forever) and you can enjoy a great game like me

As far as the age old statement "LE owners will be upset".......LOL. I didn't lose sleep when IM was remade and my original went down in value (still own it), why would I care about the value of my Tron LE that I only paid 5150 for when it preordered (ooohhhhhh butthurt back at you all)

And I am just messing with all of you too...stirring the pot

I really do hope they remake it as everyone should own one at some point in time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Manlius, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

There are 408 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-the-next-stern-title/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.