spidey12.gif
3632472-3429186-3175621866-india.gif
office_space_jump_to_conclusions_mat.jpg
TronOMA_1_COVER.jpg
89c24dd2d3ca8555a3610d0bd3387163.jpg
th-1.jpeg
i-be-like.gif
image.jpg
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

Facebook isn't the environment for "free speech"?

Well that depends on how you look at it. You can post just about anything you want.....on "Your" Facebook page.....you do not have the same right on anybody else's.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from Analogkid:

Facebook isn't the environment for "free speech"? Regardless, it's an open forum - like Pinside- for people to share thoughts and opinions- even if it's a company's page there only to promote themselves. I fail to see how what I said was impolite - and if they don't want people's opinions on their products and such, they shouldn't give anyone the ability to comment. Thanks for the parenting though.

Pinside isn't an open forum, it is a moderated forum. The exact same thing can happen here depending on the level you go to. Companies try to use Facebook to promote themselves. Therefore they are free to expunge anything they want from their page and have the message be exactly what they want it to be. You see your comment as innocuous, and they didn't. In that case, the only opinion that mattered was theirs. Your freedom of speech doesn't extend all the way to their pages, because if it did Stern, Frito Lay and Pepsi would all have to write that DaveH is one of the most awesome guys ever on their pages.

#103 8 years ago

Still to ban people for saying whereisthecode is a very small penis move.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Your freedom of speech doesn't extend all the way to their pages, because if it did Stern, Frito Lay and Pepsi would all have to write that DaveH is one of the most awesome guys ever on their pages.

This is probably one of the funniest posts that I have seen on Pinside.Thanks for the smile today.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agreed. Spidey VE looks to be next to go in the oven.... then I'm thinking Ritchie's pin (GoT?), then Trudeau (Jurassic world? Jaws?), then Borg (maiden?), then LOTR VE and possibly Tron VE - dual VE run with the bigger factory under control by this time.

I'm pretty sure Borg would want to do Jurassic World, since he did the last two.

#106 8 years ago

If it is a VE, and I Like it, I'd want it, but I don't want my LE to leave to get a VE, besides, I have TONS of mods on my LE, and me wanting a VE that might look cooler really irks me

#107 8 years ago

A Tron '82 throwback would be cool. You have to think that a high percentage of us who liked Legacy would be fans of the original movie. If Stern can sell us a Tron Legacy pin (and still have seemingly high demand for it years later) it's a lock that they could sell that same crowd a pin based on the 1982 version.

I'd be in on it anyway. Time will tell.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

A Tron '82 throwback would be cool. You have to think that a high percentage of us who liked Legacy would be fans of the original movie. If Stern can sell us a Tron Legacy pin (and still have seemingly high demand for it years later) it's a lock that they could sell that same crowd a pin based on the 1982 version.
I'd be in on it anyway. Time will tell.

I'd want to be in on it too... Dang it

#109 8 years ago

A Tron '82 would look great next to my TRON LE and Tron Arcade! Can't ever have enough TRON!

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

A Tron '82 would look great next to my TRON LE and Tron Arcade! Can't ever have enough TRON!

But if it's the same game as Tron Legacy? (just a different art package?)

#111 8 years ago

There is a problem with all these "teases"... They get people excited, but they can't all pay off. Maybe none will pay off -has the person doing them even been through a full release cycle yet?

When nothing that is teased ever arrives, the people that were excited become irritated and maybe start shitting on Stern instead of happily pondering what they thought was a sure thing.

Basically, I think Stern may have been better off not leaking anything than a constant spew of nonsense.

#112 8 years ago

Agreed

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

There is a problem with all these "teases"... They get people excited, but they can't all pay off. Maybe none will pay off -has the person doing them even been through a full release cycle yet?
When nothing that is teased ever arrives, the people that were excited become irritated and maybe start shitting on Stern instead of happily pondering what they thought was a sure thing.
Basically, I think Stern may have been better off not leaking anything than a constant spew of nonsense.

^^^^^Jaws^^^^^

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Or...

They release everything they tease and blow everyone's mind!

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

Or...
They release everything they tease and blow everyone's mind!

And only 40 home collectors can take advantage

#116 8 years ago

IJ4VE... And im only partially kidding... I like IJ4.

#117 8 years ago

Last night I dreamt they released Tron VE in two editions, one with the old system and one based on Spike with vastly improved audio and more Daft Punk songs. Both editions had high-res graphic playfields and mechanical issues fixed such as the GEM shot.

I'm so fucking delusional, stop posting threads like this it keeps my imagination vivid.

#118 8 years ago

@ bjorg...

I can see it now....

TRON 82' pin ... next to a TRON le ... next to a TRON pro ... next to a TRON arcade .... next to a DISCS OF TRON .... next to a ENVIRONMENTAL DISCS OF TRON .... next to a TRON cocktail .... next to a TRON cabaret ... next to a TRON tomy handheld

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'd want to be in on it too... Dang it

#120 8 years ago

... Next to tron LEGO light cycles

#121 8 years ago

I just don't understand all this "TRON VE" hype.

Here's the facts:
-you can buy a NIB Tron for about 6500 from PBL, as well as other a few other places
-you can buy a used Tron for about 5000-5200 in this thread right here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nice-2012-tron-legacy-pro-fs
-you can typically buy a VERY nice HUO Tron for a little more than that right now...

This statement is more or less my own speculation:
-If Stern releases a Tron VE, it's NIB will be priced at AT BARE MINIMUM of around 5500 trough distributors.

Is everyone really clamoring and salivating to save a thousand bucks on this NIB game?
So, where the hell is all this magical "instant demand" going to come from if Stern actually releases a 5500 Tron VE? Everyone typically wants every great NIB machine, until they realize the price. Right?

#122 8 years ago

I hope they make a Tron VE ...... I won't have to see all these Tron VE posts anymore

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Here's the facts:
-you can buy a NIB Tron for about 6500 from PBL, as well as other a few other places
-you can buy a used Tron for about 5000-5200 in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nice-2012-tron-legacy-pro-fs
-you can typically buy a VERY nice HUO Tron for a little more than that right now...
This is more or less my own speculation:
-If Stern releases a Tron VE, it's NIB will be priced at AT BARE MINIMUM of around 5500 trough distributors.
Is everyone really clamoring and salivating to save a thousand bucks?
So, where the hell is all this magical "instant demand" going to come from if Stern actually releases a 5500 Tron VE? Everyone typically wants everything until they realize the price. Right?

I hope youre right... I think some speculation is that the VE will have the LE options in it. I will only clamor over the new art if the VE is like a pro, then be happy that it exists and not really purchase, no reason to replace my baby

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I would have to agree with this and the fact that the new Facebook boy for Stern is just annoying in general with all the crap he is constantly posting. I know that is his job but there comes a point when enough is enough.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Here's the facts:
Is everyone really clamoring and salivating to save a thousand bucks on this NIB game?
So, where the hell is all this magical "instant demand" going to come from if Stern actually releases a 5500 Tron VE?

Not sure where you are getting that "bare minimum" number. I didn't pay attention to what Iron Man vault editions cost, so maybe distributors price gouged on vaults, but you could get Tron pro NIB for about a grand less than that when they were on Stern's line. Same with other recent pros like Metallica and TWD. If the price point is closer to 4500 than 5500, then yes, I think there would be demand.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I hope they make a Tron VE ...... I won't have to see all these Tron VE posts anymore

Seriously guys, it's time to go back to speculating about LOTR VE and how Stern is going to remake a classic game for only $2500.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

This statement is more or less my own speculation:
So, where the hell is all this magical "instant demand" going to come from if Stern actually releases a 5500 Tron VE? Everyone typically wants every great NIB machine, until they realize the price. Right?

Same thing can pretty much be said over any of these VE speculations, regardless if its SM, TRON, or LOTR. That fact is that Stern could remake any one of those at any time and people will buy them. Will they release them, when, how much, and what enhancements they will have are pure dreams and speculation at this point. Personally, I will just focus on what's actually out or confirmed at this point.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

Not sure where you are getting that "bare minimum" number. I didn't pay attention to what Iron Man vault editions cost, so maybe distributors price gouged on vaults, but you could get Tron pro NIB for about a grand less than that when they were on Stern's line. Same with other recent pros like Metallica and TWD. If the price point is closer to 4500 than 5500, then yes, I think there would be demand. However, isn't the price you pay al relative to the "asking" price of the manufacturer?

I'm going off the "advertised retail price" directly from Stern, as well as any distributor (pinball life's website). On Stern's website, the current pricing of Pros is =($5995). I'm not making stuff up here. If you ask around, you can certainly get a MUCH better price through a distributor, than the advertised price. Wouldn't the "asking" price still be relevant to the actual price you pay?

The price of Iron Man VE was listed at ($5499).
Should it make a release, Tron VE will be listed at ($5995), or higher. Why would it's retail price be cheaper than Kiss or TWD? If anything, it would be MORE.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I'm going off the "advertised retail price" directly from Stern, as well as any distributor (pinball life's website). On Stern's website, the current pricing of Pros is =($5995). I'm not making stuff up here. If you ask around, you can certainly get a MUCH better price through a distributor, than the advertised price. Wouldn't the "asking" price still be relevant to the actual price you pay?
The price of Iron Man VE was listed at ($5499).
Should it make a release, Tron VE will be listed at ($5995), or higher. Why would it's retail price be cheaper than Kiss or TWD? If anything, it would be MORE.

Well most people on pinside don't pay anything close to retail, so I guess I don't really get why the question would be whether people would be excited to pay retail for a tron VE. Of course people here aren't going to want to pay that, but people here also don't pay close to sticker price for Kiss or TWD or whatever else is coming off the stern line. But if you ask whether people would be willing to pay what we can expect the actual cost of the machine would be through good distributors (I.e., 4500-5k shipped), I think we'd see that there is a market. I think part of the reason you can find used HUO games for reasonable prices right now is that people are fearful that a VE is coming and will crush the market. When you can get a NIB for mid to high 4s, Most won't pay more than that for a HUO machine unless it has great mods that are severely discounted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-seems-like-it/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.