Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 7 years ago

Lets hope.

5 years later
#457 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I used the most popular thread I could find! Lol why start a new one?!
Nothing wrong in wishing for another Tron, I figured! And this time around, there's real stuff happening about a possible Tron 3 movie in the works, so why not! [quoted image]

When is this going to happen?

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The movie or the pin?
The movie has been on and off for the last decade. Eventually the costs of the movie will be less than the projected revenue, and it will get made. Supposedly they have a decent script for it, but it doesn’t have a green light yet. It did, then it didn’t.
So I predict the movie will get made, or it won’t. And that prediction fits right in with what has happened with the film.
For the pinball machine, that all depends on when Stern has time on the line. Vault Editions are made as assembly line fillers. Stern can buy all the stuff and store it until they have time where the assembly lines have nothing to do. They are perfect for when a new game hasn’t sold well. They can just walk to their parts storage and pull out all the stiff for a VE, and poof, they are still making money. But right now Stern has a massive backlog of games to build. Putting a VE on the line would mean less Godzilla (a very popular game) get made. Stern can’t even get runs of Deadpool done right now.
So the situation is that Stern has many more orders than they can fill. And in their back pocket, they have a game with some pent up demand (Tron). That pent up demand isn’t going away for a game that will be hitting… I think I bought my Tron in January of 2012? So almost 10 years later, Stern can afford to just let it sit while building other games for the next year or two.

The pin. I sure it would sell as this is the number 1 VE requested.

2 weeks later
#460 2 years ago

Looks like Iron Man VE is in the works. How about making a Torn VE as well?

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Updated cabinet, foil decals and colo(u)r display and I'd be more than happy with a Tron re-release.
And for those that say there are enough Tron Pros on the secondhand market....not the case in Australia. Recent one for sale changed hands here for roughly $9200 USD. I'm guessing they are also scarce in New Zealand and Europe as well. I'm sure there are enough Iron Man machines on the market, but Stern keeping releasing those.

They have more IM coming in December.

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

There is no such thing as a "flop" from Stern's perspective. They sell every game they make.
I've owned 3 TRON's over the years (basic Pro, LE, and heavily modded Pro). Loved every one of them. Can't believe how much the game has appreciated...I've been telling people for years that Stern had no plans for a TRON VE...people just keep hoping. Now many are priced out of the game. One of the best Stern's of all-time. Shot vibe/lighting like no other.

There is no reason for these wood boxes to be priced so high.

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Shouldn't be much of a problem though, they do Marvel pins all the time, not to mention the Star Wars ones.

And a run of IM VE starting in December.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since the high prices reflect growth & love of our esteemed hobby, it's all good!

Yet IM is always under the $6000 mark. Why is Tron so expensive?

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Maybe IM is cheap to make and sells well for Christmas? I still don't get bothering with that when there is such a back log on current games.

This is now the 4th time they have made this machine.

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

If I were to interpret the tea leaves of why Iron Man VE gets cycled back into production and Tron hasn't - perhaps Iron Man's license is tied to term based on the date of the last manufacture. By churning out a few periodically, the term may keep renewing and thus it allows them to keep the rights.
Maybe Tron's license wasn't written the same way?

Not sure, but I am ready to buy a Tron VE. No way will I ever pay for one that is this overpriced.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Is $6800 overpriced?

For an older game, yes. And not sure where you see it listed for $6800. On here the lowest pro is $8500 and the highest pro is $15000. Yes, Tron is a fun game but way overpriced. It is not even in the top 30 on Pinside.

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Iron Man is 44. So what?
What's Stern charging for the latest re-run of that? 7k?

$5600 shipped.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Seriously? They are pricing game that far below their lowest pricing? Are you sure that not a typo?

Bought mine NIB during the 2020 run. My price was $4900 for it w/o shipping. Was curious how much the new December 2021's would be; they were listed at $5600. Generally pro models are marked up $1000-1200 over what the dealer paid for them.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I have one on order and paid $5500 shipped. IMVE was not on my radar, but stumbled on the open order slot. Compared to current prices, it feels like the deal of the century...which is really depressing.

It really does seem like a deal for $5500. But overall when the games are being bought by the middle man for $4000-$4200 two years ago it makes me wonder. Shocked any of these machines (pro models) ever sell for over $6000. Up until recently I had a hook and was able to buy ANY NIB game for $5000 or under shipped. I do suggest that if anyone could get IM for $5500 shipped they should jump on it as the game is a ton of fun.

3 months later
#511 2 years ago

When is Tron VE coming?

6 months later
#893 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I love the Spider-Man vault.
I own Spider-Man and Iron Man vaults. I’ll take those 2 over the original runs every time.

ACDC pro vault was also much better.

#992 1 year ago

For years people have been hoping for a Torn VE but nothing has ever transpired. Does anyone have some REAL insight on whether this will be produced? It's a fun machine, but the prices people are asking for used ones seem unrealistic. Not sure why anyone would pay them with all the newer and lower priced machine out there.

#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Well, picked up my Vault Pro today and I love it! It looks new. The previous owner hadn’t even turned on the shaker, 150 games, mods coming up. I wonder if we could talk Compy into a full LCD screen mod someday. I decided after watching this thread for years that vault or not, time to get one!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice find!

3 months later
#1110 1 year ago

There will be a vault pin this year from Stern, but they have not announced which one.

1 month later
#1138 1 year ago

There will be a VE released this year unknown what it will be. Was the last VE Iron Man?

7 months later
#1175 6 months ago

So no Tron VE?

#1177 6 months ago
Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

sadly i dont ever see it happening. Maybe one based on the new movie but not the OG.

Very disappointing. Such a fun machine but no worth nearly the amount people are selling them for.

1 month later
#1189 5 months ago

I have given up on a VE. But I will still never pay the outrageous prices for a used one.

1 month later
#1220 3 months ago

I have been waiting for a TRON VE for years. Don't think it is going to happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming?tu=newpinbin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.