Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 7 years ago

Stern will definitely put the lit ramps on.

They don't want the money going to someone else. Can't charge $6,700 without those ramps being lit.

#168 7 years ago

Just my 2 cents, but I love my Spidey VE.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't classify SM VE as a disappointment at all. The game is fantastic. We did see the usual Pinside complainers when it was announced, but all buyers seem very happy with their purchase. Seems there are folks waiting for another run @ Stern.

My Spidey VE is one of my favorite 2 games. I am very happy with my purchase.

1 week later
#211 7 years ago

I'd say we get an announcement sometime in the summer. My guess is July for a new Borg game. October for the next VE. January for new Ritchie game.

#251 7 years ago

Just a thought, why not do Batman in a comic style, similar to Spidey VE?

2 weeks later
#310 7 years ago

I have to agree with iceman here. Look at the pins that have been released since Tron was released. Star Trek, Walking Dead, AC/DC, Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, Metallica, Iron Man VE, Spidey VE...these, IMO, are great games to own. The option of fantastic machines has only increased since Tron hit the scene. Stern is firing on all cylinders, not just because of a pinball resurgence, but also because of the product they are releasing.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Add to that titles being released by startups which are also really great. Still though, it's Tron
For me Tron was the first new release that really got me excited about new machines. You're right though since then very exciting new releases have become much more frequent. And that is truly a wonderful thing.

There's no reason to pay NIB prices for a used game, when today's NIB games are just as good (if not better) than Tron. I can only speak for myself, but if a VE happens, that's great, if it doesn't, oh well. I love the collection I have put together for myself.

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

All NIB just as good or better than TRON? Umm...no, no, and HELL NO. TRON is ONE fucking title....better throw them all in that pot if you're going to make that statement......"VE", "R" versions ( remember they're supposedly all on the table)...gonna have to play them first...

I never said all NIB is good or better than Tron. Notice how I didn't mention Mustang, KISS, WWE, Avengers, X-Men. I don't think any of those games are as good as Tron.

Just take a Star Trek premium NIB for $6,500 or used Tron for $6,500...which would you choose? IMO, the overwhelming majority would choose Star Trek.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was just quoting you....and regarding Star Trek Premium over a well done modded out TRON PRO, I pick TRON everyday...people like what they like.....

But you took me out of context. Look at the post I made before that one. I specifically list the newer games I consider to be as good as Tron. I left out the others on purpose, cause they aren't as good as Tron.

1 month later
#431 7 years ago

Forget the VE, I want to ride the coaster.

5 months later
#450 7 years ago

My guess, with Aerosmith being pushed back, that we won't have a VE this year. I think Batman 66 was the sort of VE for 2017.

5 years later
#675 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank you. You just saved me from another annoying trip to an overcrowded Disney park and saved me a shit ton of money as well. I was looking forward to that ride; now I'll just put the money towards another pin.

When the ride opens, I will drag the boob down there against his will to ride it.

Spring 2023….there’s your warning.

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Pinball is a multi billion industry.
A license like Tron that is needing to compete with Star Wars will never be as expensive as other contracts maybe?
Not the first rodeo for either one. We are just guessing but my feel is that Tron is cheaper than Star Wars

Multi-billion???

Stern probably only does around $200 million in sales (20,000 units x $10,000 each).

#690 1 year ago

I watched the first Hocus Pocus last night. At the adult party, someone had a Tron costume on.

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

You’re exactly right. I still call it a premium (since that what it is) and some newb thought it would be funny to “correct” me. And no, they didn’t stamp the box incorrectly. Indeed Stern did go to a three tier (pro/premium/LE) after Tron because greed.

What is greed?

I have a 2019 corvette.

Chevy made them in a base model, Z51 package, grand sport, Z06 and ZR1.

Greed? Or maybe filling a demand in the marketplace?

#792 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Forget the VE, I want to ride the coaster.

Getting my wish when I go down to Disney in April.

I wish it were ready for my November and January trips.

#870 1 year ago

I spoke to my distributor about a Tron VE and he said they would sell like hot cakes if they did it.

Me personally, I wouldn't mind a VE with new art, ported to the Spike 2 with some updated code. The way the current code sits, I don't know if I would want one. I've been to portal several times on the one my friend owned for a few years.

Throw some updated code in there with a lot more to do...count me in.

#887 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I would call the Spiderman Vault Edition as being substantially better than the original. Completely new art package, dots, and voicework. New Side rails. Full LEDs. I wasn't interested in an original version, but I'm finishing up a temp trade on the vault right now. Gameplay should be pretty much identical.

I love the Spider-Man vault.

I own Spider-Man and Iron Man vaults. I’ll take those 2 over the original runs every time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.