Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

IN: Lit ramps, trim freshen up, shaker maybe.
OUT: Drops, DPMB, moving recognizer.
Amount of people happy: >90%.

At which price point, Pro or Premium?

2 weeks later
#274 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Blah blah blah. This "stuff" comes in response to certain current TRON owners' continual dismissal of the possibility or value of a TRON VE.
IM and SM re-releases have demonstrated that VE's are an improvement over former versions. I have no doubt that TRON VE will be too and I have no problem waiting for one rather than paying inflated prices for a soon to be outdated older version. Even an LE.

Ya know, I felt I was late to the party on January 2nd, 2012 when I bought my Tron. But it did take me a while of playing it on location before the addiction started. I've watched the "value" of my Tron climb and fall with each run of the game, and I didn't give a crap. It raised up, and fell with each run of the game. And I still didn't care. As an owner, I hope they make a VE. Tron is an exquisite game, and if they make more, more people can own it.

So really, I just don't care if my Tron is "worth" $6500 or $650. Mine isn't going anywhere because after 4 years, I still love playing it, so bring on the VE. I hope everyone that wants one can get one.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The option of fantastic machines has only increased since Tron hit the scene.

But that has always been true. There are always newer games, but not every one of them is fantastic. In my opinion Tron still holds it's own against the games you listed. Some of them are great, but so is Tron.

That is the great part of all the different types of rulesets out there. Tron is brilliantly simple. I can complete every mode... But I can't do it all in the same game. I get such a rush when I finish light cycle, but it is always at the cost of something else. It's good stuff.

4 years later
#454 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I already own a Tron Pro, nothing would be better than having a Tron VE next to it!

3 years later? This was the only Tron VE thread you could find to bring back to life?

11 months later
#458 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When is this going to happen?

The movie or the pin?

The movie has been on and off for the last decade. Eventually the costs of the movie will be less than the projected revenue, and it will get made. Supposedly they have a decent script for it, but it doesn’t have a green light yet. It did, then it didn’t.

So I predict the movie will get made, or it won’t. And that prediction fits right in with what has happened with the film.

For the pinball machine, that all depends on when Stern has time on the line. Vault Editions are made as assembly line fillers. Stern can buy all the stuff and store it until they have time where the assembly lines have nothing to do. They are perfect for when a new game hasn’t sold well. They can just walk to their parts storage and pull out all the stiff for a VE, and poof, they are still making money. But right now Stern has a massive backlog of games to build. Putting a VE on the line would mean less Godzilla (a very popular game) get made. Stern can’t even get runs of Deadpool done right now.

So the situation is that Stern has many more orders than they can fill. And in their back pocket, they have a game with some pent up demand (Tron). That pent up demand isn’t going away for a game that will be hitting… I think I bought my Tron in January of 2012? So almost 10 years later, Stern can afford to just let it sit while building other games for the next year or two.

3 weeks later
#485 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

it's just been pulled from what Chas (or whoever the hell is responsible for customer support over there these days) has access to offhand

Chas died, so everything was pulled from Chas.

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Not sure, but I am ready to buy a Tron VE. No way will I ever pay for one that is this overpriced.

Is $6800 overpriced?

#498 2 years ago

Seriously? They are pricing game that far below their lowest pricing? Are you sure that not a typo?

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Bought mine NIB during the 2020 run. My price was $4900 for it w/o shipping. Was curious how much the new December 2021's would be; they were listed at $5600. Generally pro models are marked up $1000-1200 over what the dealer paid for them.

I was just surprised by the 5600 because I thought the most recent price increase with Godzilla was across the board, including older games. This is the first I've heard that they kept some older ones at a lower price tier.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

IMVE was not on my radar, but stumbled on the open order slot. Compared to current prices, it feels like the deal of the century...which is really depressing.

Actually it’s a fantastic deal in my mind. I’ve owned a VE for quite a while now, and IM is a keeper. It’s just a fun quick hitter of pinball perfection. I don’t have these 15 or 20 minute quests, just do the thing. One of their best. I wouldn’t want all my games to be like IM, but I’m glad IM exists.

3 months later
#512 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When is Tron VE coming?

Snot

4 weeks later
#522 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My understanding is Stern informed their distributors they will not be doing any more SAM games ever

Oh that's a shame. We all knew they would never put out new ones, but I think SAM was the pinnacle for Stern games. So now I just won't be selling any of them.

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

And a nice collection it is! Thou, no Tron in your current lineup?

Tron had a WONDERFUL 7 year run in my house, and is one of my favorite games ever made. It came here NIB, and I put in the Eli ramp kit and very tasteful LEDs that had a tiny bit of color coding which offset the plastics really well. And of course the protector set. I tore it down twice during that time, because being one of my favorites, I liked to keep it clean and shiny (and FAST).

Tron fell victim to the downfall of all pinball machines, I had played it too many times. One day I was playing it, and I was bored. No matter how great a game is, after too many thousands of plays, that point comes. There were no surprises left. And when that happens, it is time for the game to depart.

I doubt I'd ever bring Tron back in, because I've done that with other games. If I sold a game for other reasons, bringing it back is a joy. If I sold it because I've played it too many times, that joy only lasts a day or two, and then the game just sits there.

5 months later
#593 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Don’t wait for a NIB that may never be made, life is too short, grab a HUO example asap if you can find one.

This is the right advice. Life is too short. If it's something you want, do it now. Because you have no idea what tomorrow holds. It might be a Tron VE, or it might be a stroke. Life is durable in one minute, and fragile in the next.

#596 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

But I am not willing to pay TRON PRO prices of this old tech, I am holding off until the VE...

I get that sentiment. But I'd be worried about the changes you are asking for. Tron is one of my favorite games of all time. New callouts, lightshows, gameplay, animations, all might kill the spirit of the game (ahem... Spiderman).

1 week later
#903 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Stern has similar problems. Achievable, yes... but certainly not easier to do than TO RUN A GAME ALREADY COMPLETED.

Stern could just write an order for 500 SAM board sets. Poof. Tron.

3 months later
#1107 1 year ago

I like to think back to 2016 when this thread was created. It was such a simple time. I never thought I would be nostalgic for only 6.5 years ago, but I guess that is a reflection of the times we live in.

7 months later
#1156 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

False!
Just like every other good DMD game built from 2002-2016, it's going to be "vaulted" with an LCD screen and "additional/full assets!"
Just you wait!

Right around the corner(stone)! You just gotta believe!

(I owned Tron for 7 years, and this thread was created 7 years ago. Coincidence? I think not! It's a sign.)

2 weeks later
#1171 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

But would love to build a retheme Tron version

Wouldn't it be easier to retheme a Tron into a Tron VE? You could add a little foil to the cab like IMVE and grab some scrap metal from the garage to slap over the wood speaker panel. Add a couple of VE stickers and you got something.

3 months later
#1241 3 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

3. Adding the moving recognizer and cob led lighting on ramps should be very doable as a premium.

Toss in a set of Drop Targets, and we would be talking! The code is already there for them! A few drops of silver paint (also inexpensive) on the playfield, and this could end up being a popular game!

2 weeks later
#1260 3 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

In my opinion, Tron legacy has zero chances of being vaulted and less now that tron 3 started filming.

But... but.. that would mean that this 7 year long thread was for... nothing? Man, I'm not sure I could handle that. I was always taught that if a thread worked hard, and got lots of comments, it just HAD to come true. This is devastating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.