Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Pincoodies... Speaking of which, my RFM has right where a normal pins power switch would be, someones gum from years ago back when it was a routed game. Every now and then i stil forget and reach there.

Ugh....lets keep thinking it was just gum.....

#302 7 years ago

i have nice modded tron pro and don't think a VE well even come close to being as nice. Plus the price well be too high like the spiderman to make it worth it...

#303 7 years ago

I've seen a couple of truly badass pros change hands on the TRON thread over the past week or so....one was a guy that claimed he got it from a " non pinhead" but the machine was modded very, very well ( apparently a good price, too)....they are definitely out there.....

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've seen a couple of truly badass pros change hands on the TRON thread over the past week or so....one was a guy that claimed he got it from a " non pinhead" but the machine was modded very, very well ( apparently a good price, too)....they are definitely out there.....

true, but I think they are out there because sellers are taking calculated risks that VE will come next year so they figure might as well make 500-1000 more off the sale. just guessing...

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You must stop this logical posting instantly!!!.....no place for it in a TRONVE thread.....

He makes a few good points, but I think people will pay a 7K+ price tag for a TRON VE. If you aren't looking for a premium TRON VE/LE price then get a used PRO.

#306 7 years ago

Stern sees these 6-7k transactions happening with pro-plus machines. They will get in on it too with their pro plus version soon.

#307 7 years ago

At 7K (which I think is around what it will be listed at), VE better have lighted ramps...

#308 7 years ago

IMVE was the perfect model, low initial run,hard to find, no premium, no LE, VE was very affordable.

TRON is a different animal....several runs, still out there, no premium model, and a highly coveted LE version. Anything " premium feature " wise on a VE is definitely putting the pin well, well north of 7k, and they are not going to remake an LE anything....so how many actually buy it? Not quite as cut and dry.

Is what it is.....

#309 7 years ago

Every day that goes by TRON pro, LE or any other version becomes less relevant.

New options, new pins etc. with much better overall everything will depress old Tron pin sales.

If they drop a new one in the VE vein, then it will be like SMVE, a great pin but only limited appeal.

Owners of Tron will scream bloody murder and no one else will care, just like ever other pin.

It's a new day, new pins and too many options to re live the past imo.

At the end of the day, who give a F if you like your Tron today!

#310 7 years ago

I have to agree with iceman here. Look at the pins that have been released since Tron was released. Star Trek, Walking Dead, AC/DC, Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, Metallica, Iron Man VE, Spidey VE...these, IMO, are great games to own. The option of fantastic machines has only increased since Tron hit the scene. Stern is firing on all cylinders, not just because of a pinball resurgence, but also because of the product they are releasing.

#311 7 years ago

Add to that titles being released by startups which are also really great. Still though, it's Tron

For me Tron was the first new release that really got me excited about new machines. You're right though since then very exciting new releases have become much more frequent. And that is truly a wonderful thing.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Add to that titles being released by startups which are also really great. Still though, it's Tron
For me Tron was the first new release that really got me excited about new machines. You're right though since then very exciting new releases have become much more frequent. And that is truly a wonderful thing.

There's no reason to pay NIB prices for a used game, when today's NIB games are just as good (if not better) than Tron. I can only speak for myself, but if a VE happens, that's great, if it doesn't, oh well. I love the collection I have put together for myself.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The option of fantastic machines has only increased since Tron hit the scene.

But that has always been true. There are always newer games, but not every one of them is fantastic. In my opinion Tron still holds it's own against the games you listed. Some of them are great, but so is Tron.

That is the great part of all the different types of rulesets out there. Tron is brilliantly simple. I can complete every mode... But I can't do it all in the same game. I get such a rush when I finish light cycle, but it is always at the cost of something else. It's good stuff.

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe to some, maybe not to others....tell some that their TAF, AFM, MB, etc. are irrelevant by the day. It's been 20 fucking years on some of those, and are being restored, and cherished by their owners.

And as stated before, if they make a TRONVE , I DONT CARE, I'm perfectly happy with what I have...why should I scream about it.

Always a new flavor of the month ( want my damn Alien), but TRON will always be relevant to the hobby, and enjoyed by many. Some of these new flavors have appeal, but a lot suck, as well. Good is good, shit is shit. TRON is better than good ( hence these fucking VE threads).

Everyday that goes by makes pinball ( and me for that matter) less relevant .....fuck that....just buy, play, and do what's best for you, the world isn't stopping .......

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There's no reason to pay NIB prices for a used game, when today's NIB games are just as good (if not better) than Tron. I can only speak for myself, but if a VE happens, that's great, if it doesn't, oh well. I love the collection I have put together for myself.

All NIB just as good or better than TRON? Umm...no, no, and HELL NO. TRON is ONE fucking title....better throw them all in that pot if you're going to make that statement......"VE", "R" versions ( remember they're supposedly all on the table)...gonna have to play them first...

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Maybe to some, maybe not to others....tell some that their TAF, AFM, MB, etc. are irrelevant by the day. It's been 20 fucking years on some of those, and are being restored, and cherished by their owners.

This is 100% right. TAF stands up to any game today very well. Special games are special games. Tron is a special game.

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

All NIB just as good or better than TRON? Umm...no, no, and HELL NO. TRON is ONE fucking title....better throw them all in that pot if you're going to make that statement......"VE", "R" versions ( remember they're supposedly all on the table)...gonna have to play them first...

I never said all NIB is good or better than Tron. Notice how I didn't mention Mustang, KISS, WWE, Avengers, X-Men. I don't think any of those games are as good as Tron.

Just take a Star Trek premium NIB for $6,500 or used Tron for $6,500...which would you choose? IMO, the overwhelming majority would choose Star Trek.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

There's no reason to pay NIB prices for a used game, when today's NIB games are just as good (if not better) than Tron.

I was just quoting you....and regarding Star Trek Premium over a well done modded out TRON PRO, I pick TRON everyday...people like what they like.....

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is 100% right. TAF stands up to any game today very well. Special games are special games. Tron is a special game.

Careful.....another very sane post in a TRONVE thread.....frowned on by many.....

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

New options, new pins etc. with much better overall everything will depress old Tron pin sales.
If they drop a new one in the VE vein, then it will be like SMVE, a great pin but only limited appeal.
Owners of Tron will scream bloody murder and no one else will care, just like ever other pin.
It's a new day, new pins and too many options to re live the past imo.
At the end of the day, who give a F if you like your Tron today!

This Texas heat must be getting to you, i seem to be wethering it just fine. I will not scream anything if they run TRON again, run another 5k of them, all good with me.

I might even buy a TRON vault if it's sweet.

Headed home from Texas tomorrow, was a great trip!

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was just quoting you....and regarding Star Trek Premium over a well done modded out TRON PRO, I pick TRON everyday...people like what they like.....

But you took me out of context. Look at the post I made before that one. I specifically list the newer games I consider to be as good as Tron. I left out the others on purpose, cause they aren't as good as Tron.

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

But you took me out of context. Look at the post I made before that one. I specifically list the newer games I consider to be as good as Tron. I left out the others on purpose, cause they aren't as good as Tron.

No recent Stern game is as good as TRON though, sorry

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just take a Star Trek premium NIB for $6,500 or used Tron for $6,500...which would you choose? IMO, the overwhelming majority would choose Star Trek.

I sure wouldn't - if you said I could pick from any Stern PRO machine over the last 10 years I would take TRON. TRON LE if it could be any Stern. LOTR would be a close second, followed by Iron Man VE.

#324 7 years ago

still lots of regrets to have sold my TRON LE... if TRON VE became true, i'll surelly consider a buy...

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

LIES!

#326 7 years ago

Still though why not just rerun Tron with new decals, back box shape and LEDs for $5000 delivered? My friend told me he had his Tron delivered for $4000 when it came out. Is Stern leaving money on the table if they can sell a ton more TRON VE's over a limited $7000 version, have a game where operators can make good money and keep doing what they do and have and opportunity to add a lot of first time Pin owners who will buy NIB's from them Stern in the future?

Why do people want the VE to be higher priced anyway? $5000 put it out and Stern will make a shit ton of games and money and keep pinheads and future pinheads happy. Screw the + $2700 surcharge over original pricing for different art work and lit ramps.

Are you a pinhead or an art collector?

#327 7 years ago

Its funny trying to explain to someone not in pinball why certain pinball people HATE the idea of a game being made again or re released. Not sure I even understand it myself.

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I never said all NIB is good or better than Tron. Notice how I didn't mention Mustang, KISS, WWE, Avengers, X-Men. I don't think any of those games are as good as Tron.

1) funny list, i have purchase power but very limited space and xm and tav both made it into my home. Kiss is fun too (and only getting better with each update) but theme kills it for me and im not a theme guy. I wouldnt take a mustang or wwe even if they were free. Dead serious.

2) I'm not so sure (stp nib vs modded tron pro) , should make a poll and see how it goes? St is a game i always enjoy playing but for some reason never made the cut to make it into my home. Meanwhile i just bought tronle and I'm rooting for a vault for everyone else.

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its funny trying to explain to someone not in pinball why certain pinball people HATE the idea of a game being made again or re released. Not sure I even understand it myself.

I think a bunch of us would be worried that as soon as you buy a game "just my luck" a better nicer VE comes out and originals pin owners have there prices go down. Those are obvious concerns. Fear of losing money.

Some of us do this to go against the "I want VE of this Pin! is this happening folks?" people. Let's face it a lot of those folks are irritating and annoying. They say they love a game soooooo much, but refuse to buy it at current reasonable prices even though the days of $14,000 MM are long gone. We are not even talking about any low production IM situations around here anymore. They have no patience to wait for one if one comes up for sale, but want to wait until who knows how long for a VE??? A lot of those folks make little or no effort to even look for one either. When a VE does come out they will say that their VE is sooooooo much better than the old one just to mess with the original owners who wouldn't sell their original pins to them and make themselves feel better for their overpriced VE like SM, which is a cool game, but a bit overpriced. They used to love the original pins, but not anymore since they have a VE now and love that? Bitches.

I think other people, like myself on the most part, don't hate that a new game is released, but mention a game probably won't get redone or it may be at a lot higher cost than they are now currently to manage people's, who are sitting and "waiting" for a VE to get the pin they want, expectations. Like I am picking up a nice LOTR for a little over $5000 soon and some are waiting for a VE which will be $7000+ easily IF it will ever be remade. I have an HUO acdc prem that I bought last year for $6600 with FF speakers, color dmd, shaker, angus shooter rod and some other stuff on it. Should I have waited for a $7000+ ACDC VE to come out and miss out on playing mine from then until who knows and paid more anyway?

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Explaining anything about the pinball hobby to someone outside it starts to sound foolish in about 15 seconds. None of what's discussed in this hobby makes any sense if you think about it.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

... i have purchase power but very limited space and xm and tav both made it into my home. Kiss is fun too (and only getting better with each update) but theme kills it for me and im not a theme guy. I wouldnt take a mustang or wwe even if they were free. Dead serious.

That's unfortunate as Mustang has a great rules set and is a very fun game to play if you're familiar with it. I'd take a Mustang Premium/LE over most other "new" Stern games.

I want a TRON , but I wouldn't give up my Mustang for one.

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's unfortunate as Mustang has a great rules set and is a very fun game to play if you're familiar with it. I'd take a Mustang Premium/LE over most other "new" Stern games.

I think every pinball machine is fun when you get familiar with it. Some better than others, sure, but always fun. What separates the great games from the good ones to me is this: in a great game, you intuitively know what to do. Something about the layout, shots, call outs, inserts, theme all harmoniously working together to engage the player. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, those pins become classics.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

What separates the great games from the good ones to me is this: in a great game, you intuitively know what to do. Something about the layout, shots, call outs, inserts, theme all harmoniously working together to engage the player. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, those pins become classics.

And a popular theme helps too.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Are you a pinhead or an art collector?

Both. Love me some playable art.

#335 7 years ago

Explaining anything about the pinball hobby to someone outside it starts to sound foolish in about 15 seconds. None of what's discussed in this hobby makes any sense if you think about it.

I think every pinball machine is fun when you get familiar with it. Some better than others, sure, but always fun. What separates the great games from the good ones to me is this: in a great game, you intuitively know what to do. Something about the layout, shots, call outs, inserts, theme all harmoniously working together to engage the player. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, those pins become classics.

Back to back excellent posts. Thumbing up alone was not enough.

Id add that music, dots, rule set and light show all add to total experience to make that one special game. TAF and MM were special in the 90's. Tron and LOTR likewise are special.

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Back to back excellent posts. Thumbing up alone was not enough.
Id add that music, dots, rule set and light show all add to total experience to make that one special game. TAF and MM were special in the 90's. Tron and LOTR likewise are special.

Way to pump your buddy Kanaduh up

#337 7 years ago

IWhat separates the great games from the good ones to me is this: in a great game, you intuitively know what to do. Something about the layout, shots, call outs, inserts, theme all harmoniously working together to engage the player. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, those pins become classics.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Id add that music, dots, rule set and light show all add to total experience to make that one special game. .

This sounds so familiar...as if you two were speaking about The Hobbit!

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This sounds so familiar...as if you two were speaking about The Hobbit!

I don't recall ever speaking or writing about the Hobbit pin one way or another frankly.

My biggest issue with the Hobbit was the third movie battle scene that made little sense to me with how it was structured as one large brawl and not an actual battle. I have no issue with the pin itself at all.

#339 7 years ago

Bat man VE is next. Torn is 2017!

#340 7 years ago

I want another TRON, but honestly cant wait so I am hunting down another one currently, I am looking at another LE but Eli's kit is so cool I might just get a pro so I can experience it for myself.

Either way the best thing about a TRON VE is simple - I have friends who wouldn't bother with any of my pins, maybe just a go here or a quick go there, except for TRON they played that bad boy for hours even had to get the drinks out a few times because plans changed as time went by and these guys are non pinheads.

Since mentioning I am after another and a new run might be produced two of them would actually buy a TRON VE, it maybe only two people but its another two people into the hobby, how many more out there might do the same? If it expands the hobby and brings in new blood then its good for all of us regardless if you currently have a pro or le, we all have pins.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Bat man VE is next. Torn is 2017!

Batman does seem to fit the "VE" requirements of being a depression era game, low sales, but a decent liking of the game in the home environment.

#342 7 years ago

Im a avid Batman guy, but i just couldnt get into TDK.......maybe i just didnt get enough games in.....

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Torn is 2017!

Tornnnnnnnnnnnnn!

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Im a avid Batman guy, but i just couldnt get into TDK.......maybe i just didnt get enough games in.....

Same here. I wanted one for the theme for a while and then played a couple on site and it kind of turned me off. I didn't like that wrecking ball toy also. Maybe it would be better in a home environment where I knew the rules and the machine was nicely tuned. As for the overall look of the game, I still don't mind the movie graphics. I also love the look of the Batman 66 movie, but it's not a theme in my mind that I need to rush out and buy it at all costs. Maybe for older pinheads?

As for VE games de-valuing previous games. I'm not sure how owners of the original Iron Man feel, but I have noticed in Australia that Iron Man VE is more sought after and commands a higher price than the original. Personally, if I could get a cheap original, I'd be perfectly happy to own that instead.

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This Texas heat must be getting to you, i seem to be wethering it just fine. I will not scream anything if they run TRON again, run another 5k of them, all good with me.

Brutally hot, but a lot of cold and chilly beer really helps! Where were you Flanker?

Some sensitive Tronies on here

One of these days we will be talking about these generation of pins like Odin does with his EM's :Dn Oldies but goodies.

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where were you Flanker?

Stayed in Arlington right by 6Flags, took a trip in to Ft. Worth for some BBQ at Riskey's, went to Fun! w/Labnip in Mesquite and then checked out that guys place that is selling all the NIB's right by DFW, Nickelrama w/Frax+Quiddity in Garland.

Check out this guy I caught parking Douchey, he told me he really wants them to make a TRON VE to tank the values of all the current TRON owners.

DoucheDoucheBagBag

#347 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Stayed in Arlington right by 6Flags, took a trip in to Ft. Worth for some BBQ at Riskey's, went to Fun! w/Labnip in Mesquite and then checked out that guys place that is selling all the NIB's right by DFW, Nickelrama w/Frax+Qdiddy in Garland.
Check out this guy I caught parking Douchey, he told me he really wants them to make a TRON VE to tank the values of all the current TRON owners.

Bastards...they will resort to anything....the future is uncertain.....told the kids no extra Mac and cheese until we could be sure our investment was safe....

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Check out this guy I caught parking Douchey ...

What car is that?

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

What car is that?

It's a Maserati, don't know the model though

#350 7 years ago

Has that dude sold any of those Nib's?

I can't stand Douchey parkers. The other DB move is diagonal parking. Might as well put a sign on the car that says "come key me".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.