Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 27.
#251 7 years ago

Just a thought, why not do Batman in a comic style, similar to Spidey VE?

#252 7 years ago

Agreed. Somehow, '66 became the only discussion.

A comic book, or Batman: Animated Series look would be amazing.

#253 7 years ago

The end is coming.
Tron ve is coming.
Which will get here first? My guess ...

2016-06-03-18-04-41-703706889_(resized).jpeg2016-06-03-18-04-41-703706889_(resized).jpeg

Other side of sign reads , Eat at End of Line Club / while you still can

#254 7 years ago

Bump to prevent a new Tron VE thread from forming!

#255 7 years ago

15qlaa_(resized).jpg15qlaa_(resized).jpg

#256 7 years ago

Yeap...I hope the Stern quality goes back to where it was when TRON first came out. The latest has me a bit spooked, but I will buy a TRON VE anyway

#257 7 years ago

Might see one in 2018 +.
You'll see Star Wars before a Tron VE.

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Might see one in 2018 +.
You'll see Star Wars before a Tron VE.

Might

#259 7 years ago

I'll start saving for it now.

#260 7 years ago

Any real news on Star Wars? Have there been any announcements since ghostbusters?

#261 7 years ago

Or a lotr ve?

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any real news on Star Wars? Have there been any announcements since ghostbusters?

no new announcements....Stern I think has some catching up to do for awhile.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

no new announcements....Stern I think has some catching up to do for awhile.

Great news for me... Gives me time to save if thats the case!

#264 7 years ago

I want a tron VE, but i'll wait for all the playfield issues and cabinet decal issues to be fixed first.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I want a tron VE, but i'll wait for all the playfield issues and cabinet decal issues to be fixed first.

same here I'm considering just buying older Sterns NIB for now until these issues improve.

#266 7 years ago

Wait....Stern is still having issues with decals? On a side note this year marks the 50th anniversary of the Batman '66 TV series debut. If they were ever gonna do a '66 VE of BDK this year would be it.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Silly centerflank, still downvoting everything I say. Why so butthurt if others can have a tron? Or are you the only one allowed to own this title.

#268 7 years ago

Tron VE will come one day, but they will never have the Apron of Destiny grace the VE machines. I'm all original.

#269 7 years ago

I'll take a TRON VE whenever Stern makes it.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I'll take a TRON VE whenever Stern makes it.

Really, whatever - I'm with you. Whenever and however; I will gladly purchase a TRON VE. The latest and SURE TO BE GREATEST version of TRON yet!

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The latest and SURE TO BE GREATEST version of TRON yet!

Ummm....ok.....think I'll go play my "LESS THAN GREATEST YET" TRON ......NOW....and feel sorry for myself because I'll never own THE GREATEST, as I'm stuck w mine.....holy shit, where does this stuff come from?

#272 7 years ago

I love lamp.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ummm....ok.....think I'll go play my "LESS THAN GREATEST YET" TRON ......NOW....and feel sorry for myself because I'll never own THE GREATEST, as I'm stuck w mine.....holy shit, where does this stuff come from?

Blah blah blah. This "stuff" comes in response to certain current TRON owners' continual dismissal of the possibility or value of a TRON VE.

IM and SM re-releases have demonstrated that VE's are an improvement over former versions. I have no doubt that TRON VE will be too and I have no problem waiting for one rather than paying inflated prices for a soon to be outdated older version. Including LE's.

#274 7 years ago

Blah blah blah. This "stuff" comes in response to certain current TRON owners' continual dismissal of the possibility or value of a TRON VE.
IM and SM re-releases have demonstrated that VE's are an improvement over former versions. I have no doubt that TRON VE will be too and I have no problem waiting for one rather than paying inflated prices for a soon to be outdated older version. Even an LE.

Ya know, I felt I was late to the party on January 2nd, 2012 when I bought my Tron. But it did take me a while of playing it on location before the addiction started. I've watched the "value" of my Tron climb and fall with each run of the game, and I didn't give a crap. It raised up, and fell with each run of the game. And I still didn't care. As an owner, I hope they make a VE. Tron is an exquisite game, and if they make more, more people can own it.

So really, I just don't care if my Tron is "worth" $6500 or $650. Mine isn't going anywhere because after 4 years, I still love playing it, so bring on the VE. I hope everyone that wants one can get one.

#275 7 years ago

Thank you DaveH. I appreciate your view toward TRON and I only wish that all current TRON owners had an equally positive perspective regarding a VE version.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ya know, I felt I was late to the party on January 2nd, 2012 when I bought my Tron. But it did take me a while of playing it on location before the addiction started. I've watched the "value" of my Tron climb and fall with each run of the game, and I didn't give a crap. It raised up, and fell with each run of the game. And I still didn't care. As an owner, I hope they make a VE. Tron is an exquisite game, and if they make more, more people can own it.
So really, I just don't care if my Tron is "worth" $6500 or $650. Mine isn't going anywhere because after 4 years, I still love playing it, so bring on the VE. I hope everyone that wants one can get one.

This /\

68910136_(resized).jpg68910136_(resized).jpg

#277 7 years ago

Really, whatever - I'm with you. Whenever and however; I will gladly purchase a TRON VE. The latest and SURE TO BE GREATEST version of TRON yet!

I don't know about that for sure - LE may still reign supreme over the VE. The TRON VE should be very good though. I wish they would hurry up and build it - but sounds like they have their hands full this year. Official announcement from Stern late this year would be awesome!

#278 7 years ago

IM and SM re-releases have demonstrated that VE's are an improvement over former versions.

While IMVE and SMVE are great, it's debatable whether they are improvements over the originals (I love my IMVE, but have no desire for an SMVE as I prefer the original).

Most of the BS comes from "certain" NON TRON owners....I agree w DaveH comments 100%, mine's not leaving period, as it's value is not measured monetarily for me. If they ever get around to making a TRONVE that makes the game more accessible somehow, then that's good for pinball. I truly don't understand this stance, as there are still machines out there (nice ones) to be had. A VE with any substantial bling is going to cost big money, and it's not going to be an LE. There is no rumor, or wet dream that is going to make that happen.

But to imply that those of us who own one now should somehow feel guilty about it (i.e. I have one and you don't) is just horseshit. No entitlement, we all had to BUY one at some point. If you want to wait for a VE...cool.....making statements beyond that are just stupid.

I'd like a BIBLEVE for 7k too.....guess what....not going to happen. If an AC/DCVE ever gets made, it certainly won't be the "GREATEST VERSION EVER MADE". And I think the pinheads who grabbed one were lucky to get what they wanted. I'm HAPPY for them, not envious (as long as I can go play one once in awhile).

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don't know about that for sure - LE may still reign supreme over the VE. The TRON VE should be very good though. I wish they would hurry up and build it - but sounds like they have their hands full this year. Official announcement from Stern late this year would be awesome!

A sane, honest wish and statement.....hope you get what you're looking for.....(I'm looking for my AlienLE someday, so hope we all get what we want...)

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

While IMVE and SMVE are great, it's debatable whether they are improvements over the originals (I love my IMVE, but have no desire for an SMVE as I prefer the original).

Regarding Spider-Man, I have changed my mind recently, as I think others have as well. After putting quite a few games on the VE, I am really enjoying the new art, dots, and call outs. The price of the original SM has dropped as more and more SM VE are played at shows / homes / locations. If this is going to be the model for the Stern VE going forward, I think Tron will be fantastic.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Regarding Spider-Man, I have changed my mind recently, as I think others have as well. After putting quite a few games on the VE, I am really enjoying the new art, dots, and call outs. The price of the original SM has dropped as more and more SM VE are played at shows / homes / locations. If this is going to be the model for the Stern VE going forward, I think Tron will be fantastic.

I don't think it's the model going forward. I think they simply weren't able to renew the license for the original spiderman as the actors in the recent movies are completely different.

With Tron, there is no comic book version to draw from and there's no way Disney is going to license the original Tron movie.

So - it will be the same game. The only question is whether it will be a simple re-run of the Pros (with decals instead of direct print cabinets) or some type of VE.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

But to imply that those of us who own one now should somehow feel guilty about it (i.e. I have one and you don't) is just horseshit. No entitlement, we all had to BUY one at some point. If you want to wait for a VE...cool.....making statements beyond that are just stupid.
I'd like a BIBLEVE for 7k too.....guess what....not going to happen. If an AC/DCVE ever gets made, it certainly won't be the "GREATEST VERSION EVER MADE". And I think the pinheads who grabbed one were lucky to get what they wanted. I'm HAPPY for them, not envious (as long as I can go play one once in awhile).

Oh please. I never implied any such thing, but I think you know that.

Despite your apparent scotoma regarding continuing dismissive comments made by various TRON owners throughout the numerous TRON VE threads, I'm glad that we agree that a TRON VE will be a good thing.

#283 7 years ago

Oh please. I never implied any such thing, but I think you know that.
Despite your apparent scotoma regarding continuing dismissive comments made by various TRON owners throughout the numerous TRON VE threads, I'm glad that we agree that a TRON VE will be a good thing.

The animosity is there to a degree ( not between you and I...I don't even know you) because these subtle implications do exist. Respected pinsiders (is there such a thing.......) have made very, very valid points as to why the game wouldn't be made, and were kicked to the curb with blind ambition and false statements that "it is definitely happening" (hence my scotoma). Stating a VE would be "THE GREATEST EVER" will naturally inspire a negative response from current owners (as it has in IM threads).

I personally think everyone should have a TRON, period (whatever version), but that's because it's my favorite game. Some can't stand the damn thing. Just don't think it's going to happen, at least not with the "carbon copy" LE features that most seem to want.

Anyway....I've got my "TRONVE fix", so back to work for me.......

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

With Tron ... there's no way Disney is going to license the original Tron movie.

Why would you say there's no way Disney would license the original Tron movie? If they're not actively pursuing new movies they might be happy to do so.

That said, it would be much cheaper and easier for Stern to just renew the existing license rather than create a whole new art/sound/dots package (and still have to pay licensing for the original Tron package), so I'm sure they'd go that way if they can.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why would you say there's no way Disney would license the original Tron movie? If they're not actively pursuing new movies they might be happy to do so.
That said, it would be much cheaper and easier for Stern to just renew the existing license rather than create a whole new art/sound/dots package (and still have to pay licensing for the original Tron package), so I'm sure they'd go that way if they can.

Because the license is far from dead - just because they shelved Tron 3 for the time being doesn't mean they aren't actively pursuing another movie and/or merchandising.

But that point aside - the original Tron was groundbreaking at the time, but it looks SOOO tired now.

Other points:

Gem/Quorra > Yori
2010 CGI > 1982 CGI
Rinzler/Clu > Sark/MCP
and most important of all.... Daft Punk > Wendy Carlos

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Because the license is far from dead - just because they shelved Tron 3 for the time being doesn't mean they aren't actively pursuing another movie and/or merchandising.
But that point aside - the original Tron was groundbreaking at the time, but it looks SOOO tired now.
Other points:
Gem/Quorra > Yori
2010 CGI > 1982 CGI
Rinzler/Clu > Sark/MCP
and most important of all.... Daft Punk > Wendy Carlos

You omitted one well-established axiom from your calculations:
Nostalgia for 80s IP with 30/40 somethings = $$$

I don't care one way or the other (I'm holding out for an LOTRVE). I just question your definitive statement that there's "no way" a Tron VE could be reskinned with art/sound from the original movie. But like I said, the Spiderman VE approach represents a labor-intensive response to a specific problem (original license no longer available) and because it's harder and more expensive, I wouldn't expect Stern to do something like that with Tron unless for some reason it's way easier/cheaper than reupping the existing license.

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Oh no, I didn't.

IMG_3283_(resized).JPGIMG_3283_(resized).JPG

IMG_3284_(resized).JPGIMG_3284_(resized).JPG

IMG_3285_(resized).JPGIMG_3285_(resized).JPG

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Oh no, I didn't.

SWEET!!!

#290 7 years ago

Wish I could up vote the neon recognizer twice! Also that there was a "drooling" emoji on Pinside!

#291 7 years ago

Seems a waste to reskin Tron with an 82 theme. I hope that does not happen. The same game with no Gem or Quorra?

Let Borg's imagination go wild for a new 82 and give us fans a reason to buy another Tron

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

waste to reskin

I doubt there will be any more reskins where dots and sounds need to be completely redone. So something like Luci might happen but most likely not something like Shrek or SMVE again. BM66 could be the first test of this theory.

#293 7 years ago

I want my TronVE !!!!!!!

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Seems a waste to reskin Tron with an 82 theme. I hope that does not happen. The same game with no Gem or Quorra?
Let Borg's imagination go wild for a new 82 and give us fans a reason to buy another Tron

Tron always has a special place in my heart. As a kid, I had a VHS copy that my dad taped for me from the tv. I have vague memories of it boring the pants off my 5 year old mind, but I'd always fast forward to the light cycle sequences. I look back on the classic Tron art and think it's awesome, but I love what they did with the pinball art package and the characters from the sequel.

I missed the first run of Tron, but was able to pick up one new in box when they released the 'dudes' version. Wow. What an amazing pinball machine. It's also been cool to swap out the translite for the 'girls' version for a change. I'm still yet to pull the trigger on a 3D translite, but would love to own that as well.

Yes, we have 1000 Tron VE threads, but this is a discussion forum and it goes to show the popularity of the Stern Tron Legacy pinball machine. As long as Stern doesn't close its doors in December 2016 and pinball collapses, we will see another run of Tron in the future. When, who knows, but how can it not happen. The license isn't setting the world on fire (animated series bad a short run and Tron 3 is no longer happening) and it's a relatively straightforward game to build. The perfect candidate to pump out a few hundred between runs when the factory goes back to normal speed.

I'm lucky to own a Tron Pro and hopefully others can get the chance to unbox a brand new one again in the future. Why stick your neck out and say definitively that something won't happen when there's every possibility it can happen?

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't care one way or the other (I'm holding out for an LOTRVE).

If you love a game why wait for it to come out on a VE to own it? Nice LOTR can be had for a little over $5000. Why not just buy it and play it now?

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Tron always has a special place in my heart. As a kid, I had a VHS copy that my dad taped for me from the tv. I have vague memories of it boring the pants off my 5 year old mind, but I'd always fast forward to the light cycle sequences. I look back on the classic Tron art and think it's awesome, but I love what they did with the pinball art package and the characters from the sequel.

I was bored by it too, but love it now. What I find most interesting about it isn't the story, its about how back then they used mostly practical effects to make things look computerized, now they use mostly CGI to try and make things look real.

Even though Tron and current movies still use both, the way and amount of technology used is inverse.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If you love a game why wait for it to come out on a VE to own it? Nice LOTR can be had for a little over $5000. Why not just buy it and play it now?

This^^^

A few years back I wanted Stern to make a Spiderman Vault, I even started a thread about it. Got tired of waiting & bought a used one. Great decision. I got to play that for a few years & when the VE got made I didn't care for the Ultimate SM art, and it was 7G.

Even if they remade Tron, there are so many must have mods on the game a 5G games turns into 7g or more VERY quickly. Thats assuming Stern doesn't go Premium pricing like SMVE. If they do go premium pricing you start at 7G and how much do you think Stern is going to add at that price & not step on the LE buyer?

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Because with a used one somebody else's germs would be all over the flipper buttons and the surrounding area. If I could buy a new one I wouldn't have to worry about that.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Because with a used one somebody else's germs would be all over the flipper buttons and the surrounding area. If I could buy a new one I wouldn't have to worry about that.

Pincoodies... Speaking of which, my RFM has right where a normal pins power switch would be, someones gum from years ago back when it was a routed game. Every now and then i stil forget and reach there.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

This^^^
A few years back I wanted Stern to make a Spiderman Vault, I even started a thread about it. Got tired of waiting & bought a used one. Great decision. I got to play that for a few years & when the VE got made I didn't care for the Ultimate SM art, and it was 7G.
Even if they remade Tron, there are so many must have mods on the game a 5G games turns into 7g or more VERY quickly. Thats assuming Stern doesn't go Premium pricing like SMVE. If they do go premium pricing you start at 7G and how much do you think Stern is going to add at that price & not step on the LE buyer?

You must stop this logical posting instantly!!!.....no place for it in a TRONVE thread.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 49.99
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
12,028 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.