Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 27.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Why? LE's are now exactly the same as premiums minus some cosmetic differences. That certainly hasn't caused the LE market to wither.

This is exactly right. Stern's stated business practice is to sell LE and Pro models then come out with a Premium if demand is high enough... and the availability of a Premium doesn't devalues the LEs. Tron Premium fits both the VE and Premium business model... just as IMVE was the most perfect Pro VE, Tron VE Premium is the most perfect Premium VE, will outsell SMVE.

ACDC Premium didn't devalue LTBR and BIBLE (aka LE). SMVE is a Premium game which didn't devalue SM Black (aka: LE). If you still have doubts, remember the ability to put LE quality ramp lighting on a Tron Pro has been around for years, and it has not affected Tron LE pricing, nor LE sales (GBLE sold out).

In fact I'm not sure I can think of a single case where pricing pricing of one model impacts pricing of other models... and certainly not LEs which have a hard limit. A Tron VE Premium would be different than Tron LE, by at least armor, translite, and maybe cabinet art (the difference between SM and SMLE). Remember Stern released a second MET Premium model, JJP introduced a second WOZLE... and surprise, no adverse impact on owners or market pricing in either case. IMVE did kill the Pro market but it was an identical Pro model and Stern doubled the original manufacturing run.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If Luci & TWD premium didnt sink the LE ship nothing will. Luci is the real LE of ACDC and TWD premium was announced after Stern said LE & Pro only.
But just look @ GBLE. Its like METLE all over again. $10K for a preorder. The LE cash cow is fine. Incomplete code is what may sink Stern if the competition ever becomes competition
I just want to state again Tron premium = TWD premium. LE buyers of both were lead to believe there would be no premium.
Who am I kidding? I don't really want a Tron anyway lol

but in all honesty. who cares. If the only reason you are buying an LE is because you're hoping to cash in on an investment. You don't need to be in this hobby anyway. This is a players hobby. Not an investing hobby. Buy an LE only because you like that art package over the other options and don't want to spend $100 on your own shaker.

#203 7 years ago

And even though the 3rd movie was not done, Disney isn't done milking this cow yet:

http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/disney-revives-tron-franchise-with-new-videogame/043419

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

And even though the 3rd movie was not done, Disney isn't done milking this cow yet:
http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/disney-revives-tron-franchise-with-new-videogame/043419

They'd be smart to release a VR Tron game for Oculus and others.

#205 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Finally picked up an Xbox One this weekend, in part due to this game. Spent some quality time on it yesterday - dug it! Visually really impressive, and fun to play. Looks like the Georgio Moroder soundtrack is released today as well.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Looks cool, thanks for the link.

#207 7 years ago

I think I will go ahead and sell some games, make room for my new VE - I am just feeling that good about the whole thing.

Prob put it right next to my TBL!

I will have to get an IMVE to complete the entire Jeff Bridges pin collection.

#209 7 years ago

Anyone knows when the next announcement is scheduled?

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Anyone knows when the next announcement is scheduled?

Stern doesnt announce its schedule

You can roughly go by their past releases, we probably wont get another announcement until September-October

The way Sterns production is right now, I wouldnt expect any announcements until they get caught up with production

#211 7 years ago

I'd say we get an announcement sometime in the summer. My guess is July for a new Borg game. October for the next VE. January for new Ritchie game.

#212 7 years ago

I bought a last run NIB Tron back when I started this madness at the end of 2013. Of all the pins I've owned and sold, the only one that still remains is my first ever NIB Tron. It's never leaving regardless of Vault announcement.

When Stern eventually releases a Tron Vault, it will be NIB Tron purchase #2 that never leaves the collection. Would be great to have one in my home office so I can avoid the annoyance of having to walk downstairs and play my original. Gotta get my Tron fix at least 5 times a day. Only pin I've ever played that could possibly equate to heroin.

#213 7 years ago

Fellow speculative pinball people with no basis I will throw my hat into this ring.

There were many SMs coming up for sale (more than usual) prior to the SMVE announcement. Many Trons are popping up for sale now (more than usual).

Ancedotal, I know, but I would be surprised if it's coincidence.

It's coming, just a matter of when and for how much and if any bonuses/upgrades will be attached to it (like SMVE's rails/new art package).

#214 7 years ago

I'm not sure if it's better to go VE or not with Tron. I think Stern might just release a VE that's like Iron man. Pretty similar to the original with minor tweaks.

They could then sell mods like fiber optic ramps that are plug and play with Spike (assuming they use Spike of course) for way too much money. Some of these originals modded out might be a very good value.

#215 7 years ago

This thread is much more pleasant without the VE deniers pooping on it every other post. Thank you guys for chilling out!

#216 7 years ago

VEs should be production fillers... games that can be brought to production quicker and turn a good profit. With stern so far behind on all its recent games, I don't know why anyone thinks a game would be imminent. Stern doesn't need to introduce more games to sell.. when it can't meet current demand.. and basically has people lined up to buy what is already being offered.

Offering more choice right now with so much choice already out there would just hurt titles.

Heck, you could see them now holding back on even main title releases until the log jams clear.

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

VEs should be production fillers... games that can be brought to production quicker and turn a good profit. With stern so far behind on all its recent games, I don't know why anyone thinks a game would be imminent. Stern doesn't need to introduce more games to sell.. when it can't meet current demand.. and basically has people lined up to buy what is already being offered.
Offering more choice right now with so much choice already out there would just hurt titles.
Heck, you could see them now holding back on even main title releases until the log jams clear.

This. I sucked it up and bought an LE with this being part of the reason. I still think a VE is likely next year when the log jam clears during titles equivalent to "Mustang" and "WWE". They can't all be hits like GB. I'm rooting for a VE for everyone as this game should be enjoyed by all.

#218 7 years ago

I'd rather buy a older run so I get a full wooden backbox, none of this cheap current run stuff.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

This thread is much more pleasant without the VE deniers pooping on it every other post. Thank you guys for chilling out!

Think it's more that the topic has been beat to death....most of the chatter has died from people with logical input. Hope everyone gets what they want, and can afford.......someday........dreaming of a VE with full blown LE features for 5k ( or even being made) will remain just that...dreaming......

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:Think it's more that the topic has been beat to death....most of the chatter has died from people with logical input. Hope everyone gets what they want, and can afford.......someday........dreaming of a VE with full blown LE features for 5k ( or even being made) will remain just that...dreaming......

Unlike SM VE, I don't think too many people will cry foul at a Premium priced Tron VE if it comes with the LE goodies like lit ramps and drop targets.

Stern saw what IM was selling at and made the VE. Tron Pro isn't hard to find, but look at what the LE is going for.

Based on that, my guess is Tron Premium as the next VE announcement when the line is caught up.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think it's more that the topic has been beat to death....most of the chatter has died from people with logical input. Hope everyone gets what they want, and can afford.......someday........dreaming of a VE with full blown LE features for 5k ( or even being made) will remain just that...dreaming......

I don't think anyone that is waiting for the TRON VE is expecting 5K ... If Sterm does what many are hoping for 7K would be closer to the mark.

#222 7 years ago

Is it really coming??

yes... it really is coming

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No one is expecting premium features for a pro price. Stern will want to collect premium money for going to the effort, so look look for a premium featured Tron VE - lots of people will gladly premium money for that!

#224 7 years ago

IN: Lit ramps, trim freshen up, shaker maybe.
OUT: Drops, DPMB, moving recognizer.

Amount of people happy: >90%.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

An interesting hybrid. A separate code build for sure.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Stern saw what IM was selling at and made the VE. Tron Pro isn't hard to find, but look at what the LE is going for.
Based on that, my guess is Tron Premium as the next VE announcement when the line is caught up.

I think it's pretty much accepted that the next VE announcement will be a VE of BDK.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

An interesting hybrid. A separate code build for sure.

They have done VE's with separate code bases before - so all good

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

At which price point, Pro or Premium?

#229 7 years ago

Pro pricing or I'm out. Make all the extra mods exactly that, extra.

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

same art? anyone have an idea if this will hit this year?

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

They have done VE's with separate code bases before - so all good

Yup. Both "VE's" so far.

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think it's pretty much accepted that the next VE announcement will be a VE of BDK.

I heard that too. Batman '66 as a retheme to BDK. You may be right, it just seems like another odd move from Stern. Is anyone clamoring for that game?

I think Tron VE would sell tons more than a rethemed BDK, but what do I know? I owned both, liked both, sold both, but I'd own Tron again.

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I heard that too. Batman '66 as a retheme to BDK. You may be right, it just seems like another odd move from Stern. Is anyone clamoring for that game?

My 8 year old thinks it's the greatest game ever, and has been pestering me for one lately. I like it fine on location but have no desire to own one. It's more popular than I would expect at the local bar that has one on location.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I think Tron VE would sell tons more than a rethemed BDK, but what do I know? I owned both, liked both, sold both, but I'd own Tron again.

Cheap/easy license? They've got necessary parts on hand to do a run without substantial new contracting, so they know they can turn it around more quickly? Maybe Spiderman VE has sold better than expected and Stern views Batman in a similar light (even though the game is not nearly as beloved as Spiderman)? Could be a number of reasons for Stern to do Batman next.

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Cheap/easy license? They've got necessary parts on hand to do a run without substantial new contracting, so they know they can turn it around more quickly? Maybe Spiderman VE has sold better than expected and Stern views Batman in a similar light (even though the game is not nearly as beloved as Spiderman)? Could be a number of reasons for Stern to do Batman next.

Cheap license I can understand, but a complete retheme with new rules and dots has to be a royal pain in the ass.

Stern is a business and makes decisions based on cost analysis and profit projection, so I'm sure they have many reasons to re-run BDK, but it still seems odd to me.

I'm getting a WWE vibe, I guess.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cheap license I can understand, but a complete retheme with new rules and dots has to be a royal pain in the ass.

Can't be that big of a pain in the ass. Stern just did it with Spider-Man, and that's not going to be a huge run.

#237 7 years ago

I

Quoted from Mudflaps:Cheap license I can understand, but a complete retheme with new rules and dots has to be a royal pain in the ass.

At $7095 retail, it might be worth it to them. If they do Tron with lit ramps expect that price IMO.

Maybe they sell them as an add-on to a less expensive, more original Tron.

#238 7 years ago

I'm a fairly normal buyer. I'm lucky enough to have purchased 3 NIB Sterns and have owned a bunch more. I would probably be in on Tron VE with ramps, drop targets, etc, but Batman '66 is an easy pass. And I love Batman.

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:same art? anyone have an idea if this will hit this year?

I think it will likely have same art package but will not be made this year.

#240 7 years ago

I'd rather not have drops--one less way to hit Gem.

#241 7 years ago

I would hope if they release a VE they would be less then what you can get a Premium GB for...

#242 7 years ago

100-150 sales of BDK VE. Tops

#243 7 years ago

You guys are all crazy. The next VE is a SMVE-VE with original comic book art.

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably although maybe less, then again if they replace that stupid can and maybe do something about the teeter topper ramp that does nothing but slow down gameplay I would happily own a BDK again specially a 66 retheme of it.

The crane is one of my all time favourite toys in pinball, just a shame the rest of the "toys" and I use that word loosely sucked, so much real estate wasted in BDK, real shame cause it was fun when I owned it.

#245 7 years ago

Who is this batman you guys speak of?

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Who is this batman you guys speak of?

One of these guys

Batman-sunbathing-lounge-chair_(resized).pngBatman-sunbathing-lounge-chair_(resized).png

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree. I don't see it happening any time soon, certainly not before Tron VE...

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

trim freshen up, shaker maybe.

DPMB needs to be on the VE (assuming they are going for a premium price point). I agree about leaving the drops off and the moving recognizer...

#249 7 years ago

I like the moving recognizer effct and would be a bit bummed to not see it included but it doesn't really add anything to the gameplay so I would not be at all suprised if it did get left out.

As far as drops go, maybe if included they could serve another purpose other than Gem.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I like the moving recognizer effct and would be a bit bummed to not see it included but it doesn't really add anything to the gameplay so I would not be at all suprised if it did get left out.

I like that feature a lot too, but I could see how they would keep that an LE feature only.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.