01141a18bbc711ad3a0f0bd49fbb2bc0.gif
IMG_1692 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
There are 1,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.
#1401 27 days ago

New Tron movie coming out soon and hope Jjp does it!!!

#1402 27 days ago
Quoted from PinFever:

New Tron movie coming out soon and hope Jjp does it!!!

The license is Disney, doubtful Stern would let the opportunity go, especially with their ex-Disney CEO. Having said that, it would be interesting to see what JJP would do to it, even Pinball Brothers.

#1403 27 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

The license is Disney, doubtful Stern would let the opportunity go, especially with their ex-Disney CEO. Having said that, it would be interesting to see what JJP would do to it, even Pinball Brothers.

JJP works with Disney too. I don't think JJP is doing Tron though.

#1404 27 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

JJP works with Disney too. I don't think JJP is doing Tron though.

Agreed. But Tron was a successful game for Stern, so just not going to happen. But I do like the quality built of Pinball Brothers on my Alien LV, so would have been nice to see someone else take a shot at it.

#1405 27 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Agreed. But Tron was a successful game for Stern, so just not going to happen. But I do like the quality built of Pinball Brothers on my Alien LV, so would have been nice to see someone else take a shot at it.

Several Trons have come up for sale and sold recently in Australia. I doubt it has anything to do with re-release chatter, but who knows. Not a game you see for sale that often over here.

I have never played Alien and keen to check it out. Definitely a theme I'd own in my collection.

#1406 27 days ago

Tron VE one year after Metallica VE. Rumor is no Pros...

#1407 27 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Tron VE one year after Metallica VE. Rumor is no Pros...

Sometimes in 2025 then? It seems counterintuitive to release a pinball celebrating an older game alongside a new movie. Stern might consider a new version tied to the upcoming Tron Ares.

Either way, I would be up for anything Tron!

#1408 27 days ago

take my money!
sold 1 of maybe 10 tron le in Australia in 2012
biggest regret of my life
needed to sell all nib collection to raise money for business startup
Had the following:
Tron LE
Simpsons Party
LOTR Le
POTC
Spiderman
Transformer Le
ACDC BIB

#1409 27 days ago

I've been thinking about selling my LE. Wonder how it will impact the price if they do an actual vault with lit ramps and everything current LE has.
I might just have to own both

#1410 26 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

I might just have to own both

^^ This ^^

#1411 26 days ago

+1 - Daft punk is a must. The overall audio package is critical.

I really like the original layout, but I would be fine with something new.

Pirates was a successful stern game, JJP made one as well so who knows. A JJP light show could be really cool with TRON.

#1412 26 days ago

Maybe, but we don’t want a JJP Tron for its light show.

We want the kickass Borg Tron made by Stern!

Quoted from ataritoday:

A JJP light show could be really cool with TRON.

#1413 25 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Maybe, but we don’t want a JJP Tron for its light show.
We want the kickass Borg Tron made by Stern!

A decent light show is always needed on tron, but the layout and sound is so much more important than a million flashing lights.
I have high hopes for wiked sounds after the last effort.

#1414 24 days ago

After seeing the light shows of other newer machines, it is time to accept that Stern are grossly overpriced. Old tech.

Until this year they had thr best playing pins but after JJP getting caught up with flipper power, and other companies such as Barrels of Fun making loaded games for not much more than Stern Premium with actual toys and excellent code, I just cry inside at the thought of having Stern making themes I like, specially since their quality on NIB machines is very low, cheap mechs and machines barely coded on release.

It might be nice to give Tron to someone else.

#1415 24 days ago

So it seems like Gomez has confirmed no DMD emulation on Spike3 remakes. He seems to imply in the case of TRON 1.5/vault that it will have actual movie footage instead...

#1416 24 days ago

It would be a dream come but i still can't see it happening.

#1417 24 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So it seems like Gomez has confirmed no DMD emulation on Spike3 remakes. He seems to imply in the case of TRON 1.5/vault that it will have actual movie footage instead...

I'd be keen to see Tron Legacy footage on the LCD and I actually really liked that movie.

#1418 24 days ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'd be keen to see Tron Legacy footage on the LCD and I actually really liked that movie.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who like it!

#1419 24 days ago
Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

It would be a dream come but i still can't see it happening.

At this point I would be surprised if there wasn’t a TRON vault

#1420 24 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who like it!

It was strange. I bought the pinball machine new in box back in 2012 and watched the movie just after I owned the game. I liked the characters, it kept my attention and the effects were great. I just loved the whole vibe of it. I had Tron on VHS as a kid, but it was never a favourite theme of mine.

Sold my Tron Pro at a time when I needed cash to buy the next pinball machine with the intention of buying it again one day. Out of all the machines that I've sold, Tron and AC/DC are my only regrets. Hope to own them both again.

#1421 24 days ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

It was strange. I bought the pinball machine new in box back in 2012 and watched the movie just after I owned the game. I liked the characters, it kept my attention and the effects were great. I just loved the whole vibe of it. I had Tron on VHS as a kid, but it was never a favourite theme of mine.
Sold my Tron Pro at a time when I needed cash to buy the next pinball machine with the intention of buying it again one day. Out of all the machines that I've sold, Tron and AC/DC are my only regrets. Hope to own them both again.

Similar story here. Loved my Tron pro! Got every mod for it and played it daily for many years. But I had to sell a lot of machines at the time to fund something else and have regretted selling my Tron pin since. It is stupid money now to get one, so I'm happy to wait and see if they remake it.

#1422 23 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

Similar story here. Loved my Tron pro! Got every mod for it and played it daily for many years. But I had to sell a lot of machines at the time to fund something else and have regretted selling my Tron pin since. It is stupid money now to get one, so I'm happy to wait and see if they remake it.

It is cool that there is now potential to own it again. I played it in Osaka back in March after many years and the layout still felt great to me.

My only worry is that I won't have the cash when they do end up re-releasing it.

#1423 23 days ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

It is cool that there is now potential to own it again. I played it in Osaka back in March after many years and the layout still felt great to me.
My only worry is that I won't have the cash when they do end up re-releasing it.

Start selling blood now.

#1424 23 days ago

take my money stern

#1425 22 days ago

I think the demand for a TRON vault is very high. If they cap it at 500 or something like that it will sellout really damn fast. I hope they make a lot more than that.

#1426 22 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think the demand for a TRON vault is very high. If they cap it at 500 or something like that it will sellout really damn fast. I hope they make a lot more than that.

I doubt they'll limit it. I assume they'll be limited by how many parts they order for their estimate of first run sales, but even if they are short, they'll run more eventually. The port to Spike3 is the hard part and the re-investment of time/money. Ordering parts to make a second and third run or whatever is routine.

#1427 19 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

and other companies such as Barrels of Fun making loaded games for not much more than Stern Premium with actual toys and excellent code

If a manure cart is half full, or fully loaded, it is still manure. -Biff Tannen

#1428 19 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

At this point I would be surprised if there wasn’t a TRON vault

Agreed. I don't think it's unfair to assume that Stern needs a " financial win" in the lineup post lackluster reception of some of their most recent titles. Vaulting Tron is low hanging financial fruit. Very little engineering and design costs combined with known consumer interest. To me, it looks like a win-win. I think it would sell and sell well. I am a buyer as long as there isn't a price increase. If they raise MSRP, I am tapping out on NIB regardless of title.

#1429 19 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If a manure cart is half full, or fully loaded, it is still manure. -Biff Tannen

Lol btf reference.
Have you played Labyrinth?

#1430 19 days ago
Quoted from Retro4Life:

Agreed. I don't think it's unfair to assume that Stern needs a " financial win" in the lineup post lackluster reception of some of their most recent titles. Vaulting Tron is low hanging financial fruit. Very little engineering and design costs combined with known consumer interest. To me, it looks like a win-win. I think it would sell and sell well. I am a buyer as long as there isn't a price increase. If they raise MSRP, I am tapping out on NIB regardless of title.

From the GG interview, there will be significant development and engineering work, so the cost to get it to market won’t be small.

#1431 19 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

From the GG interview, there will be significant development and engineering work, so the cost to get it to market won’t be small.

Link?

#1432 19 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I am expecting close to current premium prices but hoping for a bit lower than that.

#1433 19 days ago

The original MSRP of the LE in 2011 was $11k. The current LE machines are $13k. I doubt they'll be hitting market for anything less than the current LE price point.

#1434 19 days ago

The original MSRP of the LE in 2011 was $11k. The current LE machines are $13k. I doubt they'll be hitting market for anything less than the current LE price point. That is, if/when they hit the market.

#1435 19 days ago
Quoted from N-Squared:

The original MSRP of the LE in 2011 was $11k. The current LE machines are $13k. I doubt they'll be hitting market for anything less than the current LE price point.

There's no way they're selling Spike3 Premium SAM/Whitestar vaults for current Stern NIB LE pricing in the era of $8300 barely-used Venom LEs.

#1436 19 days ago

Just don't be surprised if it happens is all I'm saying.

#1437 19 days ago
Quoted from N-Squared:

The original MSRP of the LE in 2011 was $11k. The current LE machines are $13k. I doubt they'll be hitting market for anything less than the current LE price point. That is, if/when they hit the market.

Huh? Try 1/2 that. Tron LE was 5500 shipped back in 2011

#1438 19 days ago
Quoted from gprotein:

~$7700 in 2024 dollars.

#1439 19 days ago
Quoted from Retro4Life:

Probably not a popular opinion but the lackluster reception to new Stern titles, besides the economy, may be a cause from rereleases of several other titles lowering the value and destroying trust of a large percentage of their loyal base. Can't keep disappointing your loyal customers or they will simply stop buying... I own a Tron LE and would be totally down for a "NEW" Tron machine because I love the franchise. But a rerelease, although making others happy would continue to make me not buy any new Stern machines...

#1440 19 days ago

Scroll up. Pinmonk posted the loser kid podcast

#1441 19 days ago
Quoted from gprotein:

This. Even the last few available that were marked up were 6k. Not sure where 11k is coming from.

#1442 19 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's no way they're selling Spike3 Premium SAM/Whitestar vaults for current Stern NIB LE pricing in the era of $8300 barely-used Venom LEs.

I had forgotten that were only standard and LE trim. I am out at LE pricing.

#1443 19 days ago

I hope it has movie clips and stern insider. The newer sterns also have awesome cab graphics/decals (e.g. elivra, wick and godzilla). Im sure they will come up with something cool for the cabinet instead of the old direct print on cab stuff.

#1444 19 days ago

I’d like new (better) artwork on the PF and wishlist an option to play original code or new (updated) deeper code.

#1445 18 days ago

You're kidding yourself if you think a Tron vault comes in under current premium pricing

Gomez already said that any vault typically comes with upgrades ( recent interview, don't remember which), which in this case would have to start with ramp lighting

1-2 years ago, sure, but right now I think people are way overestimating the potential sales here unless it's a very very limited run. In reality I'm guessing most people are hoping a vault absolutely crushes the secondary market pricing like it did with Stranger Things

#1446 18 days ago

I just want more Tron and daft punk.
Sure would love to see stern vault…….

But I’d equally love to see what a JJP or maybe a barrels of fun could do with it if stern isn’t interested in making it happen.
Richie JJP Tron cold be great… and they have two Disney pins already.

Heck. Give me both, never too much Tron. I don’t think the original has aged well visually, so please stick with legacy or newer
Have the launch party at the Tron rollercoaster in Disney….

Just imagine the lighting you could do on the outside of the cab…

#1447 18 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

You're kidding yourself if you think a Tron vault comes in under current premium pricing
Gomez already said that any vault typically comes with upgrades ( recent interview, don't remember which), which in this case would have to start with ramp lighting
1-2 years ago, sure, but right now I think people are way overestimating the potential sales here unless it's a very very limited run. In reality I'm guessing most people are hoping a vault absolutely crushes the secondary market pricing like it did with Stranger Things

Is TRON vault going to be premium pricing? Yes. Will I still buy it? Yes.

#1448 12 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Lol btf reference.
Have you played Labyrinth?

Of course I have. I would never call a game manure if I hadn't flipped multiple copies of it. I like to account for in case the first one was just a poor setup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX PinMods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Broomall, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roma, LAZIO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cedar Hill, TX
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Marysville, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

There are 1,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.