01141a18bbc711ad3a0f0bd49fbb2bc0.gif
IMG_1692 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
There are 1,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 29.
#1351 62 days ago

if disney controls the Tron license like they did with toy story. They would only allow Tron 3 to be used in game.

#1352 62 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if disney controls the Tron license like they did with toy story. They would only allow Tron 3 to be used in game.

I could see them licensing generic Tron with no actor likenesses. Think Jurassic Park.

I thought the John Wick interview with GG on the Loser kid Podcast was interesting. He talked about it specifically saying that they really wouldn't want to reuse the original dots, so they would redo the video assets, and went on to detail that there would be some development efforts. He went on to say that the decision ultimately would fall with the sales guys saying if they could sell enough units of it to be profitable.

#1353 62 days ago

Tron Spike 3 confirmed…………Tron LE: Lighted ramps, Expression lighting, full RGB. It will blow your mind away! Ha! You didn’t really believe me?? You actually think Stern will give us what we want, no way! The new Stern is run by a bunch of morons! I am pretty confident they will ruin Tron vault and disappoint us.

#1354 62 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

For sure, there's never enough of Gem..! (any Siren for that matter!)

More Gem.

#1355 62 days ago

I am super stoked for Stern to vault Tron. I play it every time I got to my buddies arcade. Now I get to have one of my own.

#1356 61 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

With Ares around the corner, and the lessons learned from TS4, I would guess that Stern may go a generic "Tron" theme - not tied to any particular movie. Same layout/mechs, refreshed playfield art, maybe some extended rules.
With Stern watching what's happened with high price pins/CGC remaking them, they could have a slice of that remake pie and get some more supply out there for titles there is obvious demand for.

Yeah, I thought that every time someone mentions Ares. I'd say that Stern won't be referencing a new movie and will just refresh Tron Legacy or do a retro art package like you said.

#1357 61 days ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yeah, I thought that every time someone mentions Ares. I'd say that Stern won't be referencing a new movie and will just refresh Tron Legacy or do a retro art package like you said.

This idea makes me super sleepy, no offense to you ahdelarge
Original Tron is old and almost irrelevant to the generation pumping dollars into pins currently

#1358 61 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This idea makes me super sleepy, no offense to you ahdelarge
Original Tron is old and almost irrelevant to the generation pumping dollars into pins currently

Wasn't my idea, so no offense taken. To be honest, I don't really care about the original Tron either. I'd be happy with a revamp of the machine that I loved, sold and would buy again - Tron Legacy.

I think we'll get a good idea of what the new Vaults are like as soon as we see the first updated game.

#1359 61 days ago

The main reason I own a Tron is because of the Daft Punk music. If it's not a near replica of the current Tron, meaning no Daft Punk music and assets not related to Tron Legacy, it will no longer be an instant buy for me. Really hope Stern gets this right.

#1360 61 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

The main reason I own a Tron is because of the Daft Punk music. If it's not a near replica of the current Tron, meaning no Daft Punk music and assets not related to Tron Legacy, it will no longer be an instant buy for me. Really hope Stern gets this right.

Music can be changed later if thats the case, people are good at making mods and new codes.

#1361 61 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Stern could not be bothered to replace a sticker in the backboard of the latest STTH run to accommodate for the new TKLOCK so after that I really expect to be disappointed with any further releases coming from them. I am no longer a Stern buyer unless they absolute kill it with both theme and playability.

#1362 61 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Then somebody should tell Disney with their Tron park attractions, licensed products they keep selling, and their investment of probably $130+ million in the next Tron Ares..!

#1363 61 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Then somebody should tell Disney with their Tron park attractions, licensed products they keep selling, and their investment of probably $130+ million in the next Tron Ares..!

Maybe I haven’t seen what you have, but I see Tron legacy assets being used, not og Tron assets when seeing new Tron stuff out there. I don’t mean Tron in general. I believe Tron and its future will be even more relevant with more lore and toys and rides etc

#1364 61 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Good point, I'd forgotten about this important ingredient. This is needs to happen! Man I miss my 2013 Tron Pro....

#1365 61 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Maybe I haven’t seen what you have, but I see Tron legacy assets being used, not og Tron assets when seeing new Tron stuff out there. I don’t mean Tron in general. I believe Tron and its future will be even more relevant with more lore and toys and rides etc

As a dedicated sci-fi buff, I naturally have a soft spot for all things Tron. Whether it's the original Tron or the beats of Daft Punk, I'm all in. Lately, there's been buzz about Spike3 VE, a refreshed take on Tron Legacy, or even an entirely new game with a Tron Ares Edition. Whichever direction Stern takes, you can bet I'll be first in line!

#1366 61 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Exactly, if they dont have the daft punk music at minimum its worthless imo.

#1367 61 days ago

Daft Punk's final album was analog.

Time to bring some darker, digital music to Tron Aries

Skism - The Blank

#1368 61 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Daft Punk's final album was analog.
Time to bring some darker, digital music to Tron Aries Skism - The Blank

Better fit for John Wick fight mode or any Luc Besson movie..!

#1369 61 days ago

Tron, according to rumors, is going to be re-released soon and I can't wait for that to happen because I'm not paying 9k for a used pinball machine.

#1370 61 days ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

Tron, according to new rumors, is going to be re-released soon and I can't wait for that to happen because I'm not paying 9k for a used pinball machine.

What rumors Are you referring to ? The Gomez interview with Flip’n Out?

#1371 61 days ago

The frequency that Gomez refers to Tron in the interview, and an earlier interview with Super Awesome, lead me to believe that it will be another game. Why refer to a game that is about to be released? He also spoke about problems with getting the license and retrofitting SAM games. Seems more likely that a Spike 1 game like Ghostbusters would be released, but that would also take a lot of work. I love my Tron and would be happy to see another run with video assets, although that is currently achievable with the 86Pixels mod.

#1372 61 days ago
Quoted from marcd:

What rumors Are you referring to ? The Gomez interview with Flip’n Out?

They both mentioned that they have heard that Metallica and Tron are going to be released. I don't know who or what their sources are. They start talking about it around the 21 minute mark.

#1373 61 days ago

They both mentioned that they have heard that Metallica and Tron are going to be released. I don't know who or what their sources are. They start talking about it around the 21 minute mark.

I’m in for both !

#1374 61 days ago

Not sure where they get their info from but that would be great if that turns out to be true. I would just love to see the exact same game (LE) with an LCD instead of the crappy DMD.

The original Tron movie has no appeal for me. I do not think it aged well.

#1375 61 days ago

Whether Tron is coming out or not as vault…what really needs to be re-released is the lighted ramp kit. That was the best mod in pinball and there is tremendous demand for it. No one has ever been able to say why an additional run has never been made.

#1376 61 days ago

Tron Vault/remake based on existing legacy theme, music, playfield layout, and an LCD is absolutely a home run. Spike 3 for both Metallica and TRON legacy, which honestly TRON is damn close to a music pin to me, would sound amazing.

#1377 61 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Whether Tron is coming out or not as vault…what really needs to be re-released is the lighted ramp kit. That was the best mod in pinball and there is tremendous demand for it. No one has ever been able to say why an additional run has never been made.

GG basically explained accessory costs in the same podcast. Smaller runs are generally more expensive per unit.

#1378 60 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

the lighted ramp kit. That was the best mod in pinball and there is tremendous demand for it.

Um, you’re forgetting LumaLegz. They’re so good, you need them. Tron vault needz thez.

Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpegUntitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
#1379 60 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

GG basically explained accessory costs in the same podcast. Smaller runs are generally more expensive per unit.

Understood. But I'm talking about Eli's Lamp Light kit. You can find it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod

I have one installed on my Tron...it's awesome...I'd like to buy a backup kit but they are not available and no matter what the demand a new run appears to be off the table for reasons unknown.

#1380 60 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Understood. But I'm talking about Eli's Lamp Light kit. You can find it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-step-by-step-video-how-to-install-elis-ramp-mod
I have one installed on my Tron...it's awesome...I'd like to buy a backup kit but they are not available and no matter what the demand a new run appears to be off the table for reasons unknown.

I have tried contacting the seller to buy a license and remake it, a conversation was started but I was then ghosted. I pushed really hard to get this.
In my interactions with the reseller I learned (not going to name the company but it is now out of business) that the LEDs used in this design are no longer made so none of these boards can be remade (or repaired for that matter) and the ELI design is obsolete, the LED needed to lit up the fibre does not exist. Sure a new LED can be sourced but this required re designing the whole unit to accommodate the right size fibre, the right amount of power/draw and a lot of other factors that pretty much send this mod back to square one.

#1381 60 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They claim the new version will have these on the ramps anyway.

#1382 60 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They claim the new version will have these on the ramps anyway.

“They”

#1383 60 days ago

“They”
Haha

Dudes…. Professor pinballs solution is boss, if I had a pro, that would definitely be my choice. In fact if I were stern, I’d be developing a copycat of that

#1384 59 days ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

“They”
Haha
Dudes…. Professor pinballs solution is boss, if I had a pro, that would definitely be my choice. In fact if I were stern, I’d be developing a copycat of that

Even though his solution definitely attracts on a visual aspect, it sadly does not have much gameplay integration, which Eli's ramp kit does have.

#1385 59 days ago

It will take time, but my plan is to recreate the Eli ramp mod at some point.
Eli detected the gameplay events through the CPU bus if I remember correctly. My solution will be sniffing the DMD signals instead, and through Serum (the new up and coming colordmd/pin2dmd competitor) I can link trigger values to frames. If you watch gameplay of the LE closely, you can see that almost every single ramp light sequence is linked to a frame. Seeing that I so happen to be the author of the Tron colorization in Serum, this is a rather easy task for me. What would be the most work is getting a custom LED controller PCB. That is going to be the real challenge, but I am sure I can make it happen through some networking.

To make the above a reality, the Serum DMD controller would have to be released first. There is currently being worked on that as we speak. When this releases, you will be able to download and use colorizations for free from VPuniverse, no license bs, nothing. Just download and start using it.
Besides that, Serum also supports manual upscaling of 128x32 roms to 256x64. Now, I have already imported this into Tron, see this link:
https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/8155-wip-tron-legacy-64-colors/page/4/#comment-80563
Multiple authors are currently making use of this feature, this is not some auto upscaler, this is raw footage imported into a 256x64 ratio.

Yes, this will eventually be available for real pins too. Can you imagine a huge dmd mod in your Tron, with video assets looking this sharp? It's coming!

You could definitely say that Tron is getting some love from me

#1386 59 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

What would be the most work is getting a custom LED controller PCB.

It is already in place and part of PPUC:

For sure the DMD will be attached to PPUC's bus. And a PPUC IO controller can drive "anything" not just addressable LEDs.

#1387 59 days ago
Quoted from mk47:

It is already in place and part of PPUC:
For sure the DMD will be attached to PPUC's bus. And a PPUC IO controller can drive "anything" not just addressable LEDs.

Hey, good to see you here . My only concern would be that there might be too much of a delay. Thats something to check later.

#1388 59 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Yes, this will eventually be available for real pins too. Can you imagine a huge dmd mod in your Tron, with video assets looking this sharp? It's coming!

Oh hi! Nice to see you guys around here! I'm already getting my 256x64 alphaDMD in place

#1389 59 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I have tried contacting the seller to buy a license and remake it, a conversation was started but I was then ghosted. I pushed really hard to get this.
In my interactions with the reseller I learned (not going to name the company but it is now out of business) that the LEDs used in this design are no longer made so none of these boards can be remade (or repaired for that matter) and the ELI design is obsolete, the LED needed to lit up the fibre does not exist. Sure a new LED can be sourced but this required re designing the whole unit to accommodate the right size fibre, the right amount of power/draw and a lot of other factors that pretty much send this mod back to square one.

I wanted to thank you for posting the above. This has been a very vexing mystery to me as I (along with many dozens of other Tron pro owners) would really like a back up kit in case mine ever ceases to function properly and no one has ever been able to answer why we couldn't get another run. Your email has answered that question and I'm appreciative.

#1390 58 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Eli detected the gameplay events through the CPU bus if I remember correctly. My solution will be sniffing the DMD signals instead, and through Serum (the new up and coming colordmd/pin2dmd competitor) I can link trigger values to frames. If you watch gameplay of the LE closely, you can see that almost every single ramp light sequence is linked to a frame. Seeing that I so happen to be the author of the Tron colorization in Serum, this is a rather easy task for me. What would be the most work is getting a custom LED controller PCB. That is going to be the real challenge, but I am sure I can make it happen through some networking.

To make the above a reality, the Serum DMD controller would have to be released first. There is currently being worked on that as we speak. When this releases, you will be able to download and use colorizations for free from VPuniverse, no license bs, nothing. Just download and start using it.
Besides that, Serum also supports manual upscaling of 128x32 roms to 256x64. Now, I have already imported this into Tron, see this link:
https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/8155-wip-tron-legacy-64-colors/page/4/#comment-80563
Multiple authors are currently making use of this feature, this is not some auto upscaler, this is raw footage imported into a 256x64 ratio.

This is fantastic news. Put me down for one when these are eventually ready for release. Hopefully the Serum DMD controller under development is not too far out so the project can commence.

Gosh, I am glad I opened this thread. Sorry to take the thread off topic of a potential remake, but these answers as to the Eli ramp mod are much appreciated.

Hopefully Tron does get remade; it is one of Stern's best from its era...no doubt about it.

#1391 58 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

It sounds like we would have to swap out our Colordmds for the Serum dmd, which would add up. Timebandit jumped in here last year to gauge interest in Total Lightshow, but seems to have disappeared again, unfortunately. Still, excited to see what you come up with!

#1392 58 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is fantastic news. Put me down for one when these are eventually ready for release. Hopefully the Serum DMD controller under development is not too far out so the project can commence.
Gosh, I am glad I opened this thread. Sorry to take the thread off topic of a potential remake, but these answers as to the Eli ramp mod are much appreciated.
Hopefully Tron does get remade; it is one of Stern's best from its era...no doubt about it.

You could include me in anything related to Tron as well. However, I’d be wary of developing anything until we get confirmation about any kind of Tron (VE, new, improved, special edition, Ares). I know we’ve heard about that forever, but this time around, it seems to make sense for Stern, or at least there’s a window of opportunity. The value of the original Tron would plummet, and maybe all of those toys we’ve learned to love would need a major redesign, or some could already be included in the new game (miracles do happen!).

#1393 58 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You couy include me in anything related to Tron as well. However, I’d be wary of developing anything until we get confirmation about any kind of Tron (VE, new, improved, special edition, Ares). I know we’ve heard about that forever, but this time around, it seems to make sense for Stern, or at least there’s a window of opportunity. The value of the original Tron would plummet, and maybe all of those toys we’ve learned to love would need a major redesign, or some could already be included in the new game (miracles do happen!).

I think the market for this product is for the already existing Tron’s. The demand for the Eli ramp light kit was never met even in its original run and we’ve been clamoring for more kits for years. Our games will still exist regardless of the potential remake and we will still want the Eli ramp light kits.

The sooner these are available the better in my eyes.

#1394 58 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:I think the market for this product is for the already existing Tron’s. The demand for the Eli ramp light kit was never met even in its original run and we’ve been clamoring for more kits for years. Our games will still exist regardless of the potential remake and we will still want the Eli ramp light kits.

I think it is time to think outside the box and recreate the mod with modern tech and a different implementation.

#1395 58 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the market for this product is for the already existing Tron’s. The demand for the Eli ramp light kit was never met even in its original run and we’ve been clamoring for more kits for years. Our games will still exist regardless of the potential remake and we will still want the Eli ramp light kits.

Agreed! My comment was that if a new game comes out, I'd expect the new build to have small differences in tolerances, with the ramps, translites, speakers, etc. If the new version of Tron doesn't have the mini arcade, for example, I'll want one for it as well. I'll probably keep my original Tron Pro and all the mods, and yes I would like something to replace the Eli. But if someone is to redesign the lighting system for the ramps, they should make sure it will easily address both the older models and the new. And what of Tron LE owners? Those color tubes won't last forever. They'll need a replacement as well.

#1396 58 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think it is time to think outside the box and recreate the mod with modern tech and a different implementation.

You tried to lead the last initiative, right? Kudos to you, but I'm reading you eventually got ghosted. But you were onto something for sure at the time!

#1397 58 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

If the new version of Tron doesn't have the mini arcade, for example, I'll want one for it as well.

I wonder if that small arcade would require its own license. The original arcade game was a Bally Midway game per Wikipedia (though perhaps Disney owns it now and it is part of the license): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_(video_game) My guess is Stern likely couldn't put the miniature version in at the factory if it does need to be independently licensed and it will forever be an aftermarket mod...that is such a great mod.

#1398 58 days ago
Quoted from dts:

It sounds like we would have to swap out our Colordmds for the Serum dmd, which would add up. Timebandit jumped in here last year to gauge interest in Total Lightshow, but seems to have disappeared again, unfortunately. Still, excited to see what you come up with!

You should absolutely consider to switch to Serum because @pastor69's work ist absolutely awesome!

#1399 58 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder if that small arcade would require its own license. The original arcade game was a Bally Midway game per Wikipedia (though perhaps Disney owns it now and it is part of the license): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_(video_game) My guess is Stern likely couldn't put the miniature version in at the factory if it does need to be independently licensed and it will forever be an aftermarket mod...that is such a great mod.

Such a great arcade, I still own it. The mini arcade is just damn fun to have in there, probably Disney owns all of the licensing rights by now.

The mini arcade 5.0 version is just solid stuff, you can open it up and change bulbs, sturdier with slightly thicker sides that don't affect the appearance. Proper resistances, brighter bulbs, newest screen. Shameless plug for my friend @Pin_Fandango, but the built quality is there. Worth it just for that 3D printed dent in the support, so that the metal bracket keeps the game straight.

Now, not wanting to take away from the modders' community out there, but there's money to be made by Stern. Just with those Hallmark cycles charging 400-450$ usd for the pair, they should explore that avenue.

1 week later
#1400 50 days ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Sounds awesome. I wonder if that can imported into 86Pixels mod?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX PinMods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
10,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roma, LAZIO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, NE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.