01141a18bbc711ad3a0f0bd49fbb2bc0.gif
IMG_1692 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
There are 1,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 29.
#1201 8 months ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Tron theme but the game is kinda empty relative to today's expectations. Also, it's Tron Legacy, not the original Tron with 'photoshop' art. It's like Toy Story 4 vs Toy Story -- both were good but...but...
Would I buy remake Tron LEGACY for $10-12k + all the accessories Stern will sell for extra $ instead of shipping on the game?
Nope.

How is it relatively empty? It has every square inch covered with possibilities. The playfield design is one of the things that makes the game so popular . I think adding in more stuff would take away from the flow of things.

… Of course the art could have been done much better. I would honestly like to get my hands on a blown out playfield, so I could update the art

Original Tron would be great, especially if the art and video and rules were done well

#1202 8 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

How is it relatively empty? It has every square inch covered with possibilities. The playfield design is one of the things that makes the game so popular . I think adding in more stuff would take away from the flow of things.
… Of course the art could have been done much better. I would honestly like to get my hands on a blown out playfield, so I could update the art
Original Tron would be great, especially if the art and video and rules were done well

That's your opinion and it differs from mine. It's a good game, I'd like one, but there are many other games I'd prefer. But my point was mainly about pricing, the aftermarket prices are hilarious to me. And while the hope in this thread is Stern will remake and bring pricing sanity, I think their current NIB pricing is MORE insane.

#1203 8 months ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

That's your opinion and it differs from mine. It's a good game, I'd like one, but there are many other games I'd prefer. But my point was mainly about pricing, the aftermarket prices are hilarious to me. And while the hope in this thread is Stern will remake and bring pricing sanity, I think their current NIB pricing is MORE insane.

You and I share the pricing sentiment. I think all nib pins should be way less.

However, I built an IJPA from parts, many of which I made by hand including the wiring harness, but it cost me more than a nib stern premium, and this was with almost no money spent on labor, just parts and materials.

Not sure how that fares for new machines.

Terrible

#1204 8 months ago

I find it impossible to complain about the price of anything that makes a profit.

I've lost money on very few pinball machines.

1 month later
#1207 6 months ago

About time..!

tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpgtron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
#1208 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Interesting read, time to rekindle LOTR and Tron remake talk ...

I think I would actually pay $13k for a LOTR or Tron LCD limited edition with updated art.

#1209 6 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I think I would actually pay $13k for a LOTR or Tron LCD limited edition with updated art.

Well, if what they are saying in the article is true, there will be no more LE remakes. I assume this includes Tron. So if they hold true, it would be a remaster of the Tron Pro? I would definitely pay 7k for an LCD Tron Pro.

#1210 6 months ago

Tron pro remake??? No thanks. If stern could do a re-imagined Tron pro with lighted ramps, then maybe. The difference between the Tron LE and pro, both with no mods, is night and day. Tron pro with updates to bring it into 2024 tech and blow the previous pro out of the water; enough to make the LE owners including myself to second guess everything…. Bring it on

#1211 6 months ago

Now that TRON 3 is starting filming, odds are more likely we get a all new TRON pin.

#1212 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Tron pro remake??? No thanks. If stern could do a re-imagined Tron pro with lighted ramps, then maybe. The difference between the Tron LE and pro, both with no mods, is night and day. Tron pro with updates to bring it into 2024 tech and blow the previous pro out of the water; enough to make the LE owners including myself to second guess everything…. Bring it on

One can dream. Keep in mind that they just re-ran Stranger Things and didn’t include the UV Kit…so a Tron released with lighted ramps seems like pipe dream.

#1213 6 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

One can dream. Keep in mind that they just re-ran Stranger Things and didn’t include the UV Kit…so a Tron released with lighted ramps seems like pipe dream.

I don’t need light ramps like LE on TRON. An LCD TRON pro with updated high resolution playfield, new cabinet style, and movie clips and upgraded stereo sound will make me ignore the LE version for sure.

#1214 6 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don’t need light ramps like LE on TRON. An LCD TRON pro with updated high resolution playfield, new cabinet style, and movie clips and upgraded stereo sound will make me ignore the LE version for sure.

Upgraded stereo sound …. How can we get that now?

#1215 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Upgraded stereo sound …. How can we get that now?

The sound quality output would be improved with the spike system and digital storage quality of the songs and effects. If you are simply referring to physical speakers yes of course you could improve those over the stock ones. Is that what you are taking about?

#1216 6 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Well, if what they are saying in the article is true, there will be no more LE remakes. I assume this includes Tron. So if they hold true, it would be a remaster of the Tron Pro? I would definitely pay 7k for an LCD Tron Pro.

I think there's an implied asterisk on that statement meaning Spike/Spike2 Sterns, not SAM/Whitestar oldies being brought forward.

#1217 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think there's an implied asterisk on that statement meaning Spike/Spike2 Sterns, not SAM/Whitestar oldies being brought forward.

Not sure about implied spike pins only. MET is a SAM system, and it seems to be heavily rumored as the next ‘remastered’. Who knows…

#1218 6 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

When I read the article, it's pretty clear that there will be no LCD LE remakes but DMD LE remakes are possible. They use the term "remastering"
which implies LCD and updated audio (maybe art too).

Quoting the article: "Current generation (LCD) LEs will only be issued once" and then "Stern is considering remastering older generation DMD machines from its vast catalog of games and as mentioned above will re-run Pro and Premium versions of in-demand LCD games.".

#1219 6 months ago

Stern will just ad the ELI ramps and call it a premium, problem solved

#1220 6 months ago

I have been waiting for a TRON VE for years. Don't think it is going to happen.

#1221 6 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Stern will just ad the ELI ramps and call it a premium, problem solved

This. Modded pros are at premium prices now or above.

#1222 6 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

"Stern is considering remastering older generation DMD machines from its vast catalog of games and as mentioned above will re-run Pro and Premium versions of in-demand LCD games."

Quoted from PinMonk:

I wonder. If you're right wouldn't they only have four titles to choose from for "remastering" -- GOT, KISS, Ghostbusters, and Wrestlemania (ha ha) -- since the Spike 2 games all had LCDs?

#1223 6 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I wonder. If you're right wouldn't they only have four titles to choose from for "remastering" -- GOT, KISS, Ghostbusters, and Wrestlemania (ha ha) -- since the Spike 2 games all had LCDs?

I think the Spike3 "remasters" are talking about SAM/Whitestar, not Spike1 machines. There were relatively few LEs in that era and I think all of them are open for remastering with the implied asterisk. I would expect TRON, AC/DC, LotR, Metallica, Simpsons, Star Trek, Walking Dead, Ripleys, and probably for the 4th time Harley Davidson are all in the conversational mix for remastering.

#1224 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the Spike3 "remasters" are talking about SAM/Whitestar, not Spike1 machines. There were relatively few LEs in that era and I think all of them are open for remastering with the implied asterisk. I would expect TRON, AC/DC, LotR, Metallica, Simpsons, Star Trek, Walking Dead, Ripleys, and probably for the 4th time Harley Davidson are all in the conversational mix for remastering.

Ah, got it, I misunderstood which statement you were asterixing there.

#1225 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Harley Davidson

Heh - no way - that game is sooooo shallow.

I'd put PotC, Monopoly and Spiderman on your list as well. I'm sure they will start off with Metallica/Tron/LotR and then pick stuff off the list that they think will sell.

#1226 6 months ago

Am I the only one that thinks Stern needs to announce the “no more LE remakes” a lot more formally than a quote in a Knapp Arcade article if their intent is to regain LE buyer confidence.

#1227 6 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Heh - no way - that game is sooooo shallow.

Harley Davidson is indeed a terrible game, but it's had 3 editions and sells to harley fans that will barely ever play it but want it in their game room to show their Harley-ness. I have personally seen these people. They are Stern's market for a 4th Edition harley, not pin fans - and they have plenty of money to drop on a $10k shallow pin without even thinking about it.

#1228 6 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have been waiting for a TRON VE for years. Don't think it is going to happen.

I don’t expect a TRON VE, but if they made one I certainly would buy it.

#1229 6 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don’t expect a TRON VE, but if they made one I certainly would buy it.

What if they gave you all the parts and you assembled it, like a an OG Heathkit?

#1230 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What if they gave you all the parts and you assembled it, like a an OG Heathkit?

Honestly, I think that'd be a pretty fun project. As long as you had a climate controlled space for everything.

#1231 6 months ago
Quoted from N-Squared:

Honestly, I think that'd be a pretty fun project. As long as you had a climate controlled space for everything.

Me, too, but I am admittedly an outlier in a market that prefers unwrap and play.

#1232 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Me, too, but I am admittedly an outlier in a market that prefers unwrap and play.

In RC your high end models all come as assembly kits- no idea why we don't have anyone trying to sell kits just to save on manufacturing costs.

#1233 6 months ago

Tron Premium with ramp lights.. BRING IT ON.

#1234 6 months ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Tron Premium with ramp lights.. BRING IT ON.

Pfffttt. Got one.

Tron with chrome habitrails, lit with new tech i haven't seen before please, similar layout, similar depth of rules that dumb bastards like me can learn without throwing a gear, Daft Punk music, inspired art (no melted crayons please), new callouts and the best of the old ones, please. Add a couple new multi's if you like (one timed) and a video mode that fits in with the Discs arcade toy.

Designed with the concept of having both machines next to each other, if you will please Gary.

#1235 6 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pfffttt. Got one.
Tron with chrome habitrails, lit with new tech i haven't seen before please, similar layout, similar depth of rules that dumb bastards like me can learn without throwing a gear, Daft Punk music, inspired art (no melted crayons please), new callouts and the best of the old ones, please. Add a couple new multi's if you like (one timed) and a video mode that fits in with the Discs arcade toy.
Designed with the concept of having both machines next to each other, if you will please Gary.

It all sounds good, but with Stern, they usually under-deliver on the fantasies of the extreme pinheads like us. Hehe.

I think it was around the release of the first Avengers game that I had to temper my expectations....I was expecting an LCD screen with clips from the movie. Boy, was I disappointed.

#1237 6 months ago

Wow, Todd did an interview with her a couple months ago I believe. Rest in peace .

#1238 6 months ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Wow, Todd did an interview with her a couple months ago I believe. Rest in peace .

Oh man, so sad, I just met her at the Houston expo when that interview was shot

#1239 6 months ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

They did a followup and apparently she died alone and had been dead for up to 11 days before her friend checked on her.

#1240 6 months ago

Actually if Stern goes for remakes, I’d expect Tron to be near the top of the list.

1. Stern has the Disney licensing team on speed dial.
2. Tron pro mechanisms are even less complex than what Stern does today as a pro.
3. Adding the moving recognizer and cob led lighting on ramps should be very doable as a premium.
4. An impending Tron 3, would make this an easy tie-in
5. Reusing existing playfield layout and art keeps key people on cornerstone development.

#1241 6 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

3. Adding the moving recognizer and cob led lighting on ramps should be very doable as a premium.

Toss in a set of Drop Targets, and we would be talking! The code is already there for them! A few drops of silver paint (also inexpensive) on the playfield, and this could end up being a popular game!

#1242 6 months ago

Given Stern's latest announcement they will re-run high demand dmd games, Seth Davis' connections to Disney (owner of Tron rights), and the overall love of Tron as a game, it makes sense Tron would at least be on the short list. Between Ghostbuster, Tron and LOTR, Tron seems like the easiest fit to me. Ghostbusters is a killer theme, but the layout is not exactly a unanimously loved game. I would love if they fixed the airball issues with GB and replaced the dumbass euro lanes that ball hop worse than anything I've ever seen. LOTR seems like a real longshot given that the rights to LOTR were purchased by Embracer for $395m. I can't see Embracer re-licensing for cheap. My money is on Metallica for the first of these DMD re-runs, and I bet it happens in Q1 or Q2 of 2024.

#1243 6 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

Actually if Stern goes for remakes, I’d expect Tron to be near the top of the list.
1. Stern has the Disney licensing team on speed dial.
2. Tron pro mechanisms are even less complex than what Stern does today as a pro.
4. An impending Tron 3, would make this an easy tie-in
5. Reusing existing playfield layout and art keeps key people on cornerstone development.

Maybe it's just me, but Daft Punk secretly carries the current Tron pin. If Stern is not able to reuse those assets again, I think I will lose interest personally.. Daft Punk HAS to be there and it's a winner for sure.

#1244 6 months ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Maybe it's just me, but Daft Punk secretly carries the current Tron pin. If Stern is not able to reuse those assets again, I think I will lose interest personally.. Daft Punk HAS to be there and it's a winner for sure.

Using daft punk would be stepping into LE territory

#1245 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Using daft punk would be stepping into LE territory

I don't think the numbered LE prohibition extends before Spike into SAM/Whitestar pins, and it sounds like Stern has clarified to say only numbered pins are LE, so that leaves them plenty of room to walk back what they said before anyway.

moonwalk.gifmoonwalk.gif
1 week later
#1246 5 months ago

I've been collecting for 11 years, mostly DMD titles but a couple Stern NIB. I'm fairly burnt out on the hobby as a whole and have slowed down significantly. Tron is the only NIB I will likely ever consider buying again.

#1247 5 months ago
Quoted from dudah:

I've been collecting for 11 years, mostly DMD titles but a couple Stern NIB. I'm fairly burnt out on the hobby as a whole and have slowed down significantly. Tron is the only NIB I will likely ever consider buying again.

Feeling a bit the same about NIB, but still have Centaur and fathom coming.

Are you sure you don't want a Pulp Fiction?

#1248 5 months ago

If you listen to the most recent, super awesome Pinball show, Stern clarified that is game on for LE’s that are Sam machines.

#1249 5 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

If you listen to the most recent, super awesome Pinball show, Stern clarified that is game on for LE’s that are Sam machines.

I haven't finished listening yet....what did they say?

#1250 5 months ago

Starting to see Tron 3 movie news.

Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX PinMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roma, LAZIO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Marysville, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,448 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.