Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Ah well... Guess I'll have to hook up my logic analyzer on the data bus and see if I can interpret something. I've been wanting to do this for a while anyway, so...
I know how to control the lighting, that part is not difficult (using high power WS2812 protocol PCB board). What will be difficult (well, sort of) is to use metal machining for the LED diffuser (they are power hungry, 5W each, so they need a robust cooling system).
The difficulty will be to write the microcontroller code. It's not super complicated, but it needs to get done, and I'm mostly a HW guy.
So if anyone besides me with an engineering background wants to contribute to the exercise, hit me up.

Now we are talking…
My new to me tron needs lighting.

I can support the rest of the efforts including ordering, preparing and testing…

This is exciting!!!

Until then I am elevating my Tron above and beyond the rest of my lineup as such…

4635A925-8325-4C39-ACE9-B38A84DC108B (resized).jpeg4635A925-8325-4C39-ACE9-B38A84DC108B (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1103 1 year ago

Tron 3 is coming baby!

#1104 1 year ago

Jared-Leto (resized).pngJared-Leto (resized).png

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gifryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

#1105 1 year ago

Wow! A new Tron movie that guarantees a Tron vault, just like every 5 year anniversary or 4K blue ray release guarantees a Back to the Future pin!

#1106 1 year ago

I doubt it'll be a vault but maybe someday a brand new pin. Not holding my breath on this one though.

#1107 1 year ago

I like to think back to 2016 when this thread was created. It was such a simple time. I never thought I would be nostalgic for only 6.5 years ago, but I guess that is a reflection of the times we live in.

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow! A new Tron movie that guarantees a Tron vault, just like every 5 year anniversary or 4K blue ray release guarantees a Back to the Future pin!

Though I would not be surprised to see either made …

#1109 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thank you for the support.
I got a lead from somewhere else on this platform, but I have still failed to make contact with Pamela and Martin.

I haven't corresponded with Martin in years but for some reason I thought Cliffy was friends with him and Pam. Maybe he knows.

#1110 1 year ago

There will be a vault pin this year from Stern, but they have not announced which one.

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

There will be a vault pin this year from Stern, but they have not announced which one.

monty-python-god.gifmonty-python-god.gif

#1112 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

I haven't corresponded with Martin in years but for some reason I thought Cliffy was friends with him and Pam. Maybe he knows.

Thank you Sir the suggestion, I did try Cliff. Yes I was able to get in touch with Martin, long story short, we did exchange emails but I was ghosted shortly after. The excitement was short lived on their side but it is quite alive and well on mine, that said, I will focus on working with Ashram56 for now which has some great ideas and I trust that in time we might have something better than what has been already done.

That said, I made it clear to Martin that I am available to bring the Eli’s back. Still have hope that he turns around and we get those done.
I think that people having them already might benefit from having a backup not to mention that it is such a wasted effort to not use their lesson’s learned.

#1114 1 year ago

Six year old thread "Is Tron vault coming?". Bahahahaha

That said, I hope it happens. But let's be real

#1115 1 year ago

Likely Stranger Things.

Doubt it, but there will be a 6 year long thread speculating it.

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Doubt it, but there will be a 6 year long thread speculating it.

George Gomez said it is likely a vault of Stthing soon with new mechs, and there is a strong rumour (for over 3 months now) that
Tron is already in development with new art.

#1117 1 year ago

Lets hope they get rid of the opening vag thing on the main target. That thing is repulsive.

download (22) (resized).jpgdownload (22) (resized).jpg

#1118 1 year ago

George Gomez said it is likely a vault of Stthing soon with new mechs, and there is a strong rumour (for over 3 months now) that
Tron is already in development with new art.

I would really be into another STH. Tron is not a great game besides the soundtrack to me.

STH still kills on route. Sold Tron as it was a dog.

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I would really be into another STH. Tron is not a great game besides the soundtrack to me.

Tron is a fun game for me, brutally short ball times and shallow code. Good to have at home for when I want a quickie.
Lol

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Seems strange to follow a thread about a possible remake of a game you hate then.

#1121 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Seems strange to follow a thread about a possible remake of a game you hate then.

Is it as strange as talking about a STH vagina in a tron thread?

I honestly thought this was the STH reboot thread, got them confused.

#1122 1 year ago

Tron is a fun game for me, brutally short ball times and shallow code. Good to have at home for when I want a quickie.
Lol

I do miss the shorter ball time games for sure. The newer sterns are long players. I’d definitely like to see an updated tron and am a borg fan in general.

Could be great!

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Is it as strange as talking about a STH vagina in a tron thread?
I honestly thought this was the STH reboot thread, got them confused.

Was following the conversation that i saw in this thread because i follow it and love Tron.

That is all.

Just a couple of small observations, both on your interest in a thread about a machine you hate and my avoidance of Stranger Things.

NoBiggiePunkin

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I do miss the shorter ball time games for sure. The newer sterns are long players. I’d definitely like to see an updated tron and am a borg fan in general.
Could be great!

P'raps TWD is more up your alley then?

#1125 1 year ago

there is a strong rumour (for over 3 months now) that Tron is already in development with new art.

Someone has been claiming that since before this thread was started. Every year it's "this is the one, I have an uncle who works at Stern and he saw a bin of lightcycles in a back room". It's always been nonsense.

Tron is a great game, but it had its time. It's pretty shallow by today's standards, few people care about the movie anymore, and the hardware is dated. Remaking it makes no real sense.

#1126 1 year ago

Guy at my place yesterday was talking shit and i said that if i ever hear someone tell me the time they saw the Australian Black Panther again it will be too soon by far.

You can guess that he immediately started telling me about the time he saw a large black cat bigger than an Alsatian with a long black tail.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Mountains_panther#:~:text=In%20Australian%20folklore%2C%20the%20Blue,Wales%2C%20for%20over%20a%20century.

#1127 1 year ago

Apologies to the mods for my grave mistake of posting to the wrong thread.

Lucky i just got a warning, i'll double check which thread i click from now on.

Apologies to all in this thread for disrupting it so.

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Apologies to the mods for my grave mistake of posting to the wrong thread.
Lucky i just got a warning, i'll double check which thread i click from now on.
Apologies to all in this thread for disrupting it so.

It’s all good brother, FYI this is how I picture an Australian Black Panther... TRON!!!!!!!!!!

31D70542-F494-427C-A58D-70B45D143725 (resized).jpeg31D70542-F494-427C-A58D-70B45D143725 (resized).jpeg

#1129 1 year ago

Internet saved. Tron.

84ec9e53144861.5929aa1412eb4 (resized).jpg84ec9e53144861.5929aa1412eb4 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1130 1 year ago

I gave up on this thread a while ago. Checking back in and am surprised there hasn’t been any chatter here regarding Stern expanding their factory and Tron, TSPP VE being rumored.

#1131 1 year ago

TSPP VE has not been rumored. People wanting one, doesn't make it a rumor.

#1132 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

TSPP VE has not been rumored. People wanting one, doesn't make it a rumor.

Heh - I haven't even heard the TSPP one. The remake rumors I've heard so far: GB, Tron, Met, LOTR, TWD and StrTh.

The only one that I'm sure of that was being considered at one time was GB. But it might not have been anything more than conversations with some distributors. Supposedly it's a very cheap and easy license for them, but that's all I ever heard about it - and this was at least a year ago or more.

Any remake would sell well I'm sure, but it seems Stern has their hands full with the backlog of current games.

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Heh - I haven't even heard the TSPP one. The remake rumors I've heard so far: GB, Tron, Met, LOTR, TWD and StrTh.

Same ones I heard

#1134 1 year ago

except that Stth was just hinted by George Gomez himself on TPN whereas the rest are really just rumours.

#1135 1 year ago

I'd love a Tron ve

#1136 1 year ago

Stern hasn't "vaulted" a DMD game since Iron Man in 2019. Four years ago. And they made like 50 of them.

I really, really think that ship has sailed.

Yeah yeah, I know, "LCD remake WITH NEW ASSETS and rules and art it's a NO BRAINER!!! You don't even need a brain to make this decision it's just so obvious and such a HOME RUN!!!!"

I don't think that shit's ever gonna happen either. May as well just make a new (different) game.

#1137 1 year ago

This thread is almost 7 years old. I hope the majority of those wanting one went out and found one because 7 years is a long time to go without such a great game. It’s fast, got flow, great light show, great audio package and gets the adrenaline running. Not super deep but is a blast to play.

Maybe once Stern gets the new factory up and running and a new movie comes out this will happen. Would certainly be a great candidate for a revamp with the Spike system.

#1138 1 year ago

There will be a VE released this year unknown what it will be. Was the last VE Iron Man?

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

There will be a VE released this year unknown what it will be. Was the last VE Iron Man?

Yes, Iron Man.

I heard 2008 Indiana Jones too. Apparently there is an IJ movie coming out this year, so a VE wouldnt surprise me, but id much rather have tron.

#1140 1 year ago

That IJ game is trash why would they vault that.
Nobody wants that game.

If we are getting a new IJ it is likely a new game and not a ve.

#1141 1 year ago
Quoted from Pastor69:

Yes, Iron Man.
I heard 2008 Indiana Jones too. Apparently there is an IJ movie coming out this year, so a VE wouldnt surprise me, but id much rather have tron.

New Tron and Star Trek projects in the works as well. Would much rather either of those than IJ

#1142 1 year ago

Lol. That are NOT re-running that IJ turd.

#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Probably the worst stern I’ve owned.

#1144 1 year ago

Tron Daft Punk Edition anyone?

daft-punk-tron (resized).pngdaft-punk-tron (resized).png
#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

[quoted image]

Instant buy

#1146 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It’s gotten a lot of love lately as more titles go up in price.

#1147 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

[quoted image]

Like this?

F13ABB40-F735-432F-B385-F31645130871 (resized).jpegF13ABB40-F735-432F-B385-F31645130871 (resized).jpeg
#1148 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably the worst stern I’ve owned.

Not a good game

1 week later
#1149 1 year ago

My guess is Stern knows exactly how sought after Tron is and there will be a Tron Ares with a new design to look forward to circa 2025 - they will make sure the market will be saturated then without having to resurrect Legacy in the interim.

Jared Leto is pushing hard on the movie as he’s a big fan and proud to be in it so rumour late ‘24 to mid ‘25.

Can you imagine Elwin in charge of a new Tron design?

I can.

#1150 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

My guess is Stern knows exactly how sought after Tron is and there will be a Tron Ares with a new design to look forward to circa 2025 - they will make sure the market will be saturated then without having to resurrect Legacy in the interim.
Jared Leto is pushing hard on the movie as he’s a big fan and proud to be in it so rumour late ‘24 to mid ‘25.
Can you imagine Elwin in charge of a new Tron design?
I can.

I like TRON as a theme, so I would love a TRON vault or a new one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
17,945 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.