Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 27.
#501 2 years ago

Tron is probably the only Stern game I want besides the ones I already have. There needs to be a VE because recent pro prices are just insane.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Seriously? They are pricing game that far below their lowest pricing? Are you sure that not a typo?

Bought mine NIB during the 2020 run. My price was $4900 for it w/o shipping. Was curious how much the new December 2021's would be; they were listed at $5600. Generally pro models are marked up $1000-1200 over what the dealer paid for them.

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

If I were to interpret the tea leaves of why Iron Man VE gets cycled back into production and Tron hasn't - perhaps Iron Man's license is tied to term based on the date of the last manufacture. By churning out a few periodically, the term may keep renewing and thus it allows them to keep the rights.
Maybe Tron's license wasn't written the same way?

This might have something to do with it. Iron man was made in 2010, Disney bought Marvel in 2009. Maybe the license was written with Paramount and old Marvel in 2008 or early 2009.

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Bought mine NIB during the 2020 run. My price was $4900 for it w/o shipping. Was curious how much the new December 2021's would be; they were listed at $5600. Generally pro models are marked up $1000-1200 over what the dealer paid for them.

I was just surprised by the 5600 because I thought the most recent price increase with Godzilla was across the board, including older games. This is the first I've heard that they kept some older ones at a lower price tier.

#505 2 years ago

Wow, okay, I really did dodge a bullet selling my game, then. Wow.

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have one on order and paid $5500 shipped. IMVE was not on my radar, but stumbled on the open order slot. Compared to current prices, it feels like the deal of the century...which is really depressing.

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I have one on order and paid $5500 shipped. IMVE was not on my radar, but stumbled on the open order slot. Compared to current prices, it feels like the deal of the century...which is really depressing.

Considering I got the same 5k I paid for my Iron Man, which was an original run (I.E. full wood cabinet, no foil decals, no built-in LEDs...but it did have a LED ColorDMD, so let's call that a wash) out of mine, 500 bucks for a game that's 10 years newer seems like a pretty good deal.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

It really does seem like a deal for $5500. But overall when the games are being bought by the middle man for $4000-$4200 two years ago it makes me wonder. Shocked any of these machines (pro models) ever sell for over $6000. Up until recently I had a hook and was able to buy ANY NIB game for $5000 or under shipped. I do suggest that if anyone could get IM for $5500 shipped they should jump on it as the game is a ton of fun.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

IMVE was not on my radar, but stumbled on the open order slot. Compared to current prices, it feels like the deal of the century...which is really depressing.

Actually it’s a fantastic deal in my mind. I’ve owned a VE for quite a while now, and IM is a keeper. It’s just a fun quick hitter of pinball perfection. I don’t have these 15 or 20 minute quests, just do the thing. One of their best. I wouldn’t want all my games to be like IM, but I’m glad IM exists.

#510 2 years ago

Iron man is a killer game and if they are really selling brand new ones for $5500 that’s the best NIB deal in pinball.

3 months later
#511 2 years ago

When is Tron VE coming?

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

When is Tron VE coming?

Snot

4 weeks later
#513 2 years ago

Just a friendly bump, a Tron vault would sure get my attention! Tron 3 may be on hold indefinitely, but the Tron park is still happening, so who knows?

FaronFlood_TronLegacy (resized).jpgFaronFlood_TronLegacy (resized).jpg

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Just a friendly bump, a Tron vault would sure get my attention! Tron 3 may be on hold indefinitely, but the Tron park is still happening, so who knows?

I don’t think we will ever see another DMD game run of any kind. Stern canceled the Iron Man VE run people were talking about earlier in this thread…heck, they postponed their latest cornerstone…their production line is backed up more than a year.

Tron VE is as dead as it can be in my view.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don’t think we will ever see another DMD game run of any kind. Stern canceled the Iron Man VE run people were talking about earlier in this thread…heck, they postponed their latest cornerstone…their production line is backed up more than a year.

“Oh that’s ok what Tron really needs is the LCD and total software upgrade!!!!!”

- everybody who has been asking for this VE for years

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This being the Tron VE thread, I felt it was ok to indicate I still like the idea. I did say 'who knows'..

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

This being the Tron VE thread, I felt it was ok to indicate I still like the idea. I did say 'who knows'..

All good. Apologies for coming off dismissive. My understanding is Stern informed their distributors they will not be doing any more SAM games ever when they canceled the Iron Man orders a few months ago.

#518 2 years ago

If they can’t keep up with demand for the new stuff no way they are gonna run VE of anything…now if demand ever tapers off then who knows.

The best thing Stern could do right now is make a run or two of a few toppers…Kiss would sell quite a few and would be easy money for Stern.

#519 2 years ago

Some themes/pins do keep their interest and value over time and Tron seems to be one of those games. Reselling value is somewhat on par with current LE or Premium prices, not bad for a game built in 2011!

Value aside and most importantly, I'm still really enjoying Tron's gameplay and feel, even when it's sitting next to recent games. And seeing Haggis doing a Fathom 2.0 (the jury is still out on that one!), I'm thinking doing a Tron VE, reboot or Tron 2.0 could be worth something, to me anyway!

Will it happen? Probably not! But I still love the theme, Tron and sci-fi in general. One can dream! Lol

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The best thing Stern could do right now is make a run or two of a few toppers…

Stern should probably ditch pinball entirely and shift to just making toppers. Far more lucrative and less bitching about playfield defects and code updates.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If they can’t keep up with demand for the new stuff no way they are gonna run VE of anything…now if demand ever tapers off then who knows.
The best thing Stern could do right now is make a run or two of a few toppers…Kiss would sell quite a few and would be easy money for Stern.

I'll take a KISS topper and a Tron VE with LCD and updated cabinet.

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My understanding is Stern informed their distributors they will not be doing any more SAM games ever

Oh that's a shame. We all knew they would never put out new ones, but I think SAM was the pinnacle for Stern games. So now I just won't be selling any of them.

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Oh that's a shame. We all knew they would never put out new ones, but I think SAM was the pinnacle for Stern games. So now I just won't be selling any of them.

And a nice collection it is! Thou, no Tron in your current lineup?

#524 2 years ago

Nope; but I'll play for free on VPX IMO it's kinda over-rated...

#525 2 years ago

I'd love a Tron. Unfortunately, I do not believe a remake is ever going to happen. It would only make sense for Stern to make VEs to keep the line moving, which it looks like Stern is having no issues doing at the moment. Maybe in five years, Stern will be caught up and could look into making VEs of this, but by then the machine would be 15 years old and the parts for it just wouldn't be there. I can see these being run in a few decades like CGC remakes, but nothing anytime soon.

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'll take a KISS topper and a Tron VE with LCD and updated cabinet.

Seeing what people had done to their Tron from other threads, including animated backbox and all the lighted up toys in existence lol, showcases what the newest developments could have brought to this game. Extended soundtrack and recoded sounds as well. I guess you could cherry pick the most popular pins ever produced and just go broke!

Gameplay starts at the 4:00 mark on that vid..!

e6e912a9c2168cfa84a0574936e0129c022bdbd9 (resized).jpge6e912a9c2168cfa84a0574936e0129c022bdbd9 (resized).jpg

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

And a nice collection it is! Thou, no Tron in your current lineup?

Tron had a WONDERFUL 7 year run in my house, and is one of my favorite games ever made. It came here NIB, and I put in the Eli ramp kit and very tasteful LEDs that had a tiny bit of color coding which offset the plastics really well. And of course the protector set. I tore it down twice during that time, because being one of my favorites, I liked to keep it clean and shiny (and FAST).

Tron fell victim to the downfall of all pinball machines, I had played it too many times. One day I was playing it, and I was bored. No matter how great a game is, after too many thousands of plays, that point comes. There were no surprises left. And when that happens, it is time for the game to depart.

I doubt I'd ever bring Tron back in, because I've done that with other games. If I sold a game for other reasons, bringing it back is a joy. If I sold it because I've played it too many times, that joy only lasts a day or two, and then the game just sits there.

#528 2 years ago

Tron in my humble opinion is a masterpiece. Great music, sound effects, lighting, satisfying shots. I hope anyone who wants one gets one eventually.

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Tron had a WONDERFUL 7 year run in my house, and is one of my favorite games ever made. It came here NIB, and I put in the Eli ramp kit and very tasteful LEDs that had a tiny bit of color coding which offset the plastics really well. And of course the protector set. I tore it down twice during that time, because being one of my favorites, I liked to keep it clean and shiny (and FAST).
Tron fell victim to the downfall of all pinball machines, I had played it too many times. One day I was playing it, and I was bored. No matter how great a game is, after too many thousands of plays, that point comes. There were no surprises left. And when that happens, it is time for the game to depart.
I doubt I'd ever bring Tron back in, because I've done that with other games. If I sold a game for other reasons, bringing it back is a joy. If I sold it because I've played it too many times, that joy only lasts a day or two, and then the game just sits there.

That's a great story! You obviously had some major fun times with Tron, until it got to be enjoyed by someone else. Hopefully, that Tron will still be played in the next twenty years or so!

Some games I think we will keep, regardless. Pac-Man and Bally Midway Tron mean more than gameplay to us, they represent the very best of times when you could still escape in real arcades!

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

^^^This!

I'd seen all of the game after 2 years, and the fact that nothing spectacular happens when you beat it didn't exactly have me coming back for more. Then I just focused on the music, which got annoying after a while. It's a beautiful game and a hell of a lot of fun, but not really a long-term keeper.

1 week later
#531 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

^^^This!
I'd seen all of the game after 2 years, and the fact that nothing spectacular happens when you beat it didn't exactly have me coming back for more. Then I just focused on the music, which got annoying after a while. It's a beautiful game and a hell of a lot of fun, but not really a long-term keeper.

I’m still buying one right after I win the lottery!

#532 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I’m still buying one right after I win the lottery!

Yeah, I'm the same. They don't come up for sale too often in Australia these days, so if I ever win money, I will pay overs and be done with it.

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yeah, I'm the same. They don't come up for sale too often in Australia these days, so if I ever win money, I will pay overs and be done with it.

Ask punkin if he likes his!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/400#post-6904978

#534 1 year ago

Hahahahahaha I saw his post on Facebook yesterday and thought this.....but, no money for a Tron right now, so it was pointless messaging him.

#535 1 year ago

Best pinball game ever. Watched a ball come out of the disc at lightning speed, spin into slow motion and do a gentle curve all the way down the playfield before kissing the flipper and rolling halfway back up the inlane yesterday. Fucking magic.

All my comp players are in love with it. I'll probs take it to Pinfest in September, but i have so many other machines i want to share too, and can only fit two in the van without standing them up.

If you are still wanting to play one head there.

Or better still come up here. You can bring the 2 x speed testers i bought from Wagga with you. Bill is slow to Wagga.

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Best pinball game ever. Watched a ball come out of the disc at lightning speed, spin into slow motion and do a gentle curve all the way down the playfield before kissing the flipper and rolling halfway back up the inlane yesterday. Fucking magic.
All my comp players are in love with it. I'll probs take it to Pinfest in September, but i have so many other machines i want to share too, and can only fit two in the van without standing them up.
If you are still wanting to play one head there.
Or better still come up here. You can bring the 2 x speed testers i bought from Wagga with you. Bill is slow to Wagga.

Thanks, dude!

I owned a Tron and sold it to get The Walking Dead...around 6 years ago from memory. I'm starting to miss it now.

Bill was at my house this arvo dropping off a T3 for me to take care of for a friend for a few weeks. I will play it daily for him. Hehe

#537 1 year ago

That is ACE! It means he's picked up my two Catch The Light speed testers and is on his way here. He'll have my mates TZ on too i bet.

And the first Haggis Mermaid gone out, to be delivered to Brisbane.

#538 1 year ago

Sea of simulation is one of the favorite parts on this machine. Each shot is so satisfying with that gunship firing.. love it.

4 months later
#539 1 year ago

I hear rumours of a VE in the horizon.

Best rumour this year!

#540 1 year ago

I'd buy another Tron if they were rereleased. No question.

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Best rumour this year!

I would be shocked if Stern ever built a SAM game again but there's always a 0.0001% chance!

#542 1 year ago

I have an LE. Had it for 10 years and it’s fully loaded.

I’d likely sell or trade it as I’m down to playing once a month. Best game I’ve owned and played consistently. I’m at a point where it’s wearing thinner than before as I want to play a lot of others before I turn it on.

#543 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I have an LE. Had it for 10 years and it’s fully loaded.
I’d likely sell or trade it as I’m down to playing once a month. Best game I’ve owned and played consistently. I’m at a point where it’s wearing thinner than before as I want to play a lot of others before I turn it on.

yoo have 35 machines, no wonder there are other machines played before Tron is picked. I expect at least 5 machines that never get turned on...

#544 1 year ago

I highly doubt a VE for Tron. And if they make something like that it will be completely different. Modern machines just have different rulesets now, I would be surprised if they would get a DMD for Spike 2. Wonder if that is even possible. GB was spike One and final DMD game. And they had issues with Spike One. Getting Tron to Spike and then DMD would be really surprising. They could do more like Batman 66, use the layout but make something different. And do not expect a moving recognizer, drop targets, 3d backglass and lighted ramps, the vault would be the Pro version and will be at least 9K.

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Best rumour this year!

*IF* Stern ever does another vault, Ghostbusters was #1 on their list.

But why would they do that when they are overwhelmed trying to meet demand on their current games? Do you really think they want to listen to people bitch and moan about higher prices on the remakes than the originals? (See TNA remake thread for reference). My guess is no.

#546 1 year ago

I don't think Stern cares one way or another whether people bitch about their production schedule or business plans on pinside, but you are correct in that looking back is not necessary for them.

#547 1 year ago

Hmm wonder if they vault a GB since that designer is a bit of an issue. And again that would mean another huge backlog. I do not think they need such additional numbers at this moment in time. Always thought a vault was to fil some time on their line. I do not think they need that right now. With new titles coming.

#548 1 year ago

Everyone is too focused on the now and what they did in the past. Think Vault games, but with the new cabinet and the new display....and also think past the current bottlenecks.

I too would buy Tron again!

#549 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Everyone is too focused on the now and what they did in the past. Think Vault games, but with the new cabinet and the new display....and also think past the current bottlenecks.
I too would buy Tron again!

Then it is not a vault, just Tron 2.0. I would also buy Tron again with large screen, spike 2, official topper

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Then it is not a vault, just Tron 2.0. I would also buy Tron again with large screen, spike 2, official topper

I'll take any of Tron VE, Tron 2.O, Tron Reboot or Tron The Sequel!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/11?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.