pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#340 4 years ago

Not sure why people wanting this irritates people who don't so much.

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It irritates me because this is a collector community where buying/selling is a major part of the hobby. Having people sit on the sidelines and wait for a VE makes no sense. If someone really wants a TRON, satisfy yourself and another collector!
Ironman VE made total sense...there was a true undersupply of that title. Even though I got "hurt" selling mine, it was still the right thing for Stern and the community. I don't see the same shortage of TRON...the prices reflect all the mods people typically add (not rarity).

Maybe if the people selling were willing to ship and this community didn't believe things like "new out of box" were honest descriptions it would be easier to buy one.

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not irritated at all, but it is kinda tiresome to keep talking about it for years and years. The chances of them doing are going down, not up. Any DMD game getting a vault in this new LCD age seems somewhat iffy now.
I have a Tron, I'm clearly not the target market here, "I've got mine". But I got it by waiting until one came up, and then paying the asking price for it. Like almost every other pin on the market. Everything doesn't have to appear new in box on your doorstep in this hobby.

I am glad you are in a position to pay "the asking price" I am willing to pay a pretty fair price also but when choice is no shipping or NAVL only I am out. I have bent over backwards to ship games to people but can't find a Tron owner whonisnt afraid of chipping a fingernail or burning a gallon of fuel while getting "asking price" TronVE is coming. I can wait. Owning it will be the same experience whether it happens next month or in 3 years.

I don't care about a new art package. The original one I'd fine with me. My only worry is they will waste their resources and a VE spot on LOTR.

#350 4 years ago

Sure, I would be glad to drive 31 hours each way so you can have cash on the glass instead of shipping.

1 year later
#659 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Personally I hope they never do TRON VE or LOTR VE, it just keeps the myth alive. Seeing a Tron in the wild is just magical. Same with Big Bang Bar and even Aliens.
If they do a complete new TRON 3, now that would be something!

Tron is more for collectors and home players. We have one in the wild and it doesn't get much attention. At least not like you think it would.

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

So, how do we go about getting a new Tron made, with all of what we want already installed, with added capacity so we can mod later? (E.g. extra harnesses, brackets ready installed, etc.)
Do we come up with a list of names of people that want one? We could give this to Stern's product & development/sales team. Stern could get a deposit process going. With a solid list of buyers with deposits, it could be enough for them to start get this going..

They are not going to change their business model to sell 500 remakes. Tsking deposits would be a major hassle for them. If it makes business sense to them there will maybe be a remake.

#678 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'm putting out feelers, obviously having hundreds of people willing to fork out money would not be the only thing Stern may consider. If you're here on this post, it's because you want a Tron to be vaulted, right? I'm just saying we can have a thousand post talking about it, it won't make any difference. Write to Stern with a thousand names and $ commitments, they will start to do more than just know we want one. People do online start ups for less than that. Or let's all wait for Avengers' 13th Edition..

I just disagree with tha being how it works. I own a nice Tron and can't see them building one that was any better.

I want it vaulted so more people can play a great game. They have read everything on here. Names and deposits won't be the deciding factor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rustylizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019?tu=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.