Topic poll

“Tron VE in 2019?”

• Yes 155 votes
    79%
  • Yes 41 votes
    21%

(196 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinsidetron (resized).png
20200220_164026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
Stern Zeppelin.png
FB1A8FCB-C879-405A-AE54-EC591A0BDD75 (resized).jpeg
STERN PINBALL TRON VE PROMO (resized).png
89E9290F-7271-4F1B-B8E3-F26E72C0542E (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
20190610_153010 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

So out of curiosity I searched in the marketplace for a Tron. There is one listed and the asking price is 8400. So tell me, where are all these available Trons you speak of?? 7K for a pro with some dolls glued to it is absurd.

I’d sell my HUO Tron pro with all the major mods for $7200 (color DMD, shaker, color light ramps, pinbits plastic set, art blades, full LEDs with OCD controller, lighted flipper buttons, mod-father shooter knob, cliffies, arcade mod, Clue and 2 chick translight). It’s 100% like new, low plays first owner.

PM me if interested.

1 week later
#164 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Given what passes for LE/Prem now (i.e. single bank targets instead of even standup ones, much less drop targets) would anyone expect a Tron VE to even be close to the Pro, let alone LE? Instead of an plastic arcade cabinet you'd get a bit of plastic with an arcade cabinet decal on...

SM vault edition was fairly loaded with laser cut side rails and custom molded plastic figures.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For all the VE dreamers, here is a nicely modded Pro to consider: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-pro-52
TRON is one of the best playing games of all-time...don't deny yourself.

My experience that no one wants to pay $7200 for my like new pro (loaded ++++) because they feel a vault will be made in the $5500 range but they will need to add $1500 in mods to equal what I have. So it’s as if they’d rather have nothing than spend the same as buying a new +++ mods.

I love my Tron so I’m not selling at a discount. I think Stern will make a vault but not sure when. I think Tron vault is more realistic than LotR because of the BOM on LotR is probably a lot bigger than Tron.

#203 1 year ago

I’d bet Stern *could sell* 300-500 Tron Vault which would be a pro version with full LEDs but no 3D translight and no lighted ramps. Price at $5595.

#220 1 year ago

Business sense would help Stern. Maybe a lot of people don’t want their current lineup of games I haven’t thought of buying a new Stern since ST. Those folks might see $6000 AFM Classic remake as the deal of the century. Or may see another competitor like Spooky or JJP has more desirable pins. Any sales Stern makes will come from a competitor or from Stern itself. If it steals sales from its own lineup at least it’s still going to Stern’s bottom line.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I'd for real stab somebody (does myself count?) for a Tron 82 with deeper rules and Lyman at the helm.

Actually this would make sense as people who own a Tron might get the BM66 upgrade one as well if they are different enough. But I think Legacy is better music and hot chicks.

1 month later
#295 1 year ago

the price is high so people are selling.

I had offer for $7K for mine but decided to keep because I am not sure if will be made again.

I think will be made some time but can not be certain. Anyways (IMO) if they make a vault might be like the prior pro editions so will need $1-2K in mods to get up to a lot of the for sale pins. Same price net-net. I mean the Tron Vault will cost $5600 then $1-2K in mods ($7K either way nicely loaded).

#301 1 year ago

ST pro Vault is a good example (I think) it costs $5400.

If Tron Vault (SAM) is simply a Tron pro with LEDs at price of $5400 people would still like to add $1k-$1.5k mods (Arcade, Color DMD, Lighted ramps) that’s $1K without (topper, under cab light, lighted cycles, side art, shaker, Flynn sign, speaker lights) that’s another $600.

I’m *not* saying people need to add all that but Tron is a game that people like to mod.

all those mods would put Tron in the range of $7000 (ish) like a Stern Premium.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Yeah but if they did a bare bones remake of the pro can they justify the current pro price? The new pros have so much more going on with RGB inserts, color display, etc. If it’s SAM or Whitestar with original dots it should be under $5K. I think a lot of people would be in at this price range.

Some people prefer SAM games. Price was $4600 7 years ago so imo likely $5400 today’s dollars is what I’d expect.

If you’re expecting Stern to price this like 2012 pro you don’t know Stern.

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Yeah makes sense. I definitely prefer SAM games so at that price I would definitely consider it. Is that the price range of the last MET pros they put out?

#308 1 year ago

Don’t know what the Stern prices were for AcDc or Met pro Vault.

But currently ST Vault (SAM no color display) costs as much or around the same as the new Pro or premium.

Remember Spike is probably cheaper for Stern to make. I mean parts like lcd are probably cheaper to source than red dmd.

Plus the rest like wood and plastic and flippers are the same.

I have no information on Tron Vault. I don’t care one way or the other but I’d bet Stern will make a batch if they feel they can sell 500 or so games.

1 month later
#314 11 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I guess it depends on if they do a “pro” vault, or a “premium” vault with upgrades (EL ramps, moving recognizer, upgraded cab art...) or maybe both.
IIRC both Iron Man and Spider-Man had premium priced vaults.

Iron Man Vault was $4600 or $4700

#359 11 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m not so sure Stern hasn’t let the window of opportunity pass by on the Tron VE. Two years ago I think it would have sold just fine, but I think the NIB market today wants games with the new display. I don’t know, I keep going back and forth on this.

Stern was still selling ST pro and ST premium until just recently.

Tron Vault around $5600 SAM should sell.

5 months later
#383 6 months ago

I wouldn’t mind an all new Tron pin revision like BM66 was. A vault edition I’d expect less than 1000 sales but a new pin (rules, display, art, layout) could get a full run of thousands.

#386 6 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I'd like it as a reskinned hand drawn art similar to the Star Wars comic except not as shitty looking.

SW is not shitty looking.

1 month later
#467 5 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They supposedly have the Rush licence.
Presume that pic is Rush?!

F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png

2 weeks later
#489 4 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I dont so much care about the animation quality as an LCD giving more ability to show game progress. I like that Iron Maiden has a good chunk of what you need to know right there at most times. No cradling up like in Metallica to check how many items I need to progress

That would work great for Tron knowing when you are in super pops or double scoring with the display like Maiden rather than the tiny un labeled dots on Tron display.

#506 4 months ago

What’s preferable?

1) SAM pro updated to LEDs like IM VE close to Stern pro current price $5600

2) remake with Spike full size LCD display lighted ramps at close to Stern premium price $7200?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Cedar Rapids, IA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside