Topic poll

“Tron VE in 2019?”

• Yes 155 votes
    79%
  • Yes 41 votes
    21%

(196 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinsidetron (resized).png
20200220_164026 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png
Stern Zeppelin.png
FB1A8FCB-C879-405A-AE54-EC591A0BDD75 (resized).jpeg
STERN PINBALL TRON VE PROMO (resized).png
89E9290F-7271-4F1B-B8E3-F26E72C0542E (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
20190610_153010 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 1 year ago

There are so many TRONs out there already. A top 30 GOAT table IMO but I'm not convinced this would perform well on route. So...why? Why not focus on something new? Keep ahead of JJP etc in this time of skyrocketing competition...look at how much buzz (mostly love, some hate) Munsters has generated? That kind of new effort is great for the hobby. A remake of something that's already got tonnes out there? Meh.

Instead, for example, why not have Borg do a Blade Runner pin (would appeal to our aging demographic) and try to come up with something innovative in layout, a new original tweak to the PF, cool code, etc.?

It's a time of coming oversaturation, Stern needs to stay ahead of the curve, not microwaving a title that's not even currently a popular IP.

just my 0.02

1 week later
#206 1 year ago

(Full disclosure: I'm invested in a Tron pro) but seriously in the current climate of pending oversaturation/too much competition...really? TronVE would be standing still/microwaving while you're the big bully on the block with (in some instances) 10 or more times the infrastructure/employees...while JJP grows more entrenched with new titles, Deeproot gets going with new titles, Spooky keeps going with new titles inc. Danesi #2, Chicago Gaming releases their highly successful remakes...these little guys are growing and soon will be 20% 30% the size of Stern and Stern will start to feel it as a finite pie gets divided.

If I were Stern, I would keep pushing forward as we move towards market saturation. New titles, stay creative and relevant and get new stuff to operators (not selling a couple hundred Trons to pinheads). And try to keep market dominance. IMO 2019 isn't the time for vault editions.

I say this was some ambivalence, as I actually love quite a bit (and own) JJP and Spooky machines...but this makes more sense for Stern.

...and release TronVE maybe in 2023 or so when the storm is over and the market is depleted again.

Just my .02

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I agree with this. CGC is the only real competition for Stern at this point. JJP is way overpriced and the games aren't great, Deeproot is vaporware, Spooky is homebrew. No real competition right now. Stern is the only company that produces a solid quality fun machine at a affordable price point in a timely manner.

I disagree. JJP titles are fantastic, deep and evocative. Spooky was homebrew but is getting better (would you purchase Munsters or ACNC? Not as clear a choice as you might think?). To each his own, but from my experience/collection including TZ, AFM remake, TNA, Tron pro, GoT LE, TS, TH with current code, STTNG...some of those are old but to flat out say Stern is superior is a bit much IMO.

10 months later
#477 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stern just posted this to facebook and took it down right away, no idea what it means.
[quoted image]

It means Gary Stern is going to play keyboards and bass in a reunited Led Zeppelin...including Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and Jason Bonham !!

#478 3 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They supposedly have the Rush licence.
Presume that pic is Rush?!

Holy Fuck I feel old. Somebody take me out back and shoot me.

#483 3 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree. I'm playing JP2 more than any other NIB game I've owned in the past several years. Really hard/addictive game. I think the callouts & shot choreography could be improved, but the look & quality of the images work for me as well. With the exception of post pauses & MB intros, I can't say I'm looking at the LCD very often...

Totally agree...the Stern LCD's are just fine for pinball and if you're staring at it WTF are you doing anyway ? ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Bolton, CT
$ 50.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside