pasted_image (resized).png
DEB5822F-950C-49C8-B1EA-D6CC0FD74F20 (resized).jpeg
20200121_172917 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2493 (resized).jpeg
1168CCBC-2C99-4814-AFA2-40C0104EF169 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191230-233655_Google (resized).jpg
F0B429A5-1203-467A-958D-F6218CA5E61B (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkleinnd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 5 years ago

Well since I can't vote no in the poll, I'll say it here. No vault edition please.
And sure, yes, it's because I own one. But that's no more biased than a non-owner trying to whip up support so they can purchase one at below market price. Same argument I have over the CGC remakes.
And please don't tell me how I'm stealing joy from little children who just want a chance to play their parent's classic pinball machines. They're all available for purchase. The market is alive and well and working properly.

Now CC's and BBB's and TBL's and Aliens, those are a different story. It's not a supply OR demand problem. They were clearly never fully produced, brought to market and made available to everyone. Everyone who has one got it out of sheer dumb luck (right place/ right time), or paid an extraordinary price to get one from someone who had dumb luck. Those should finally be made in proper volume, and marketed once and for all.

#188 5 years ago

So there was once upon a time when I did *not* own a Tron. Then I played it in the wild a few times and liked it. Then I saved up my money until I had enough and bought one from a fireman who kept it in his Tahoe vacation cabin and advertised it for sale on CL. The next day I owned a Tron. I might keep it forever, I'm not sure.

This is how to buy a pinball machine 101. I did not wait around hoping the manufacturer builds new ones, hoping they throw in enhanced features and mods, hoping it's priced at a steal, and all so that I can have a NIB experience with a Tron.

#194 5 years ago

Well, Stern is certainly happy to see this thread come up quarterly, although I doubt they view it as market research.

In answer to Goronic's challenge, I can't come up with any "other" reasons not to vault the Pro's, but I would think that vaulting an LE would be the end of the LE's.

4 months later
#354 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have a Tron, I'm clearly not the target market here, "I've got mine". But I got it by waiting until one came up, and then paying the asking price for it. Like almost every other pin on the market. Everything doesn't have to appear new in box on your doorstep in this hobby.

Oh, no, no... I said maybe literally the exact same words on some previous TronVE dreamfest thread and I was shut down by a "Ute" who schooled me that the new gen doesn't want to drive anywhere, negotiate anything, and put cash down on anyone's glass, like their Grandpa did. They want it delivered NIB to their doorstep, maybe even, God forbid, set up for them by the delivery guy! I was told to enjoy my overpriced Tron LE and they'll continue to press Stern for the NIB experience. ha.

My own prediction? There is pent up demand for maybe 50 Tron NIB "experiences" and then reality will set in and the dreamers will start thinking about what the same $7k or $8k? will get you NIB nowadays, and we'll finally stop hearing the drumbeat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkleinnd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-in-2019?tu=jkleinnd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.